[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I start not giving a fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 67856739877349843.png (565 KB, 838x714) Image search: [Google]
67856739877349843.png
565 KB, 838x714
How do I start not giving a fuck?
>>
>>27335879
Say to yourself that the opinions of others are not worth your time.
>>
>>27335919
It's one thing to say that, and quite another thing entirely to believe it.
>>
>>27335992
Say it long enough and you will start to believe it.
Think about it and rationalize it.
It will manifest itself as truth in your mind
>>
>>27336078
What do you mean by this?

Morning affirmations, literally repeating it to yourself, or just thinking it?
>>
>>27336130
Thinking about it mostly. Find reasons why you find this to be true.
>>
>>27336180
I do believe that others opinions matter, or at least would like to. That doesn't stop me from being self-conscious and insecure.
>>
By not asking gay questions
>>
>>27336217
Caring about the opinions of others in one of the things that makes you care the most. so if you want to care about them, then you will still give fucks about stuff
>>
you gotta go balls deep into the pain
then you'll either stop caring or an hero
>>
>>27336217
>>27336284
*dont believe others opinions matter
>>
>>27336359
Okay if you don't care about others then the next step is to accept yourself and accept the world.
>>
File: PAIN.jpg (60 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
PAIN.jpg
60 KB, 1000x663
>>27335879
just bee urself dude
>>
>>27336078
this
also use antipsychotics
>>
study gg allin he's a guy who truly didn't give a fuck try to discover his secret
>>
File: hungry-hungry-hippos[1].jpg (33 KB, 442x275) Image search: [Google]
hungry-hungry-hippos[1].jpg
33 KB, 442x275
Consider the nature of free will. Recent scientific findings have shown that your subconscious makes decisions before your concious mind even knows that you've made them. Read about it here if you're interested: http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080411/full/news.2008.751.html.

You have to think about this and wonder how free we really are in the decisions we make and the lives we lead. People can judge you for doing certains things or choosing to behave a certain way, but their brains are doing the exact same thing as yours is; they're making these life decisions in a way that is ultimately subconscious in nature.

Consider the nature of causality. No man is born in a vaccuum. You didn't get to choose your parents or your genetics or where and when you were born. You didn't get to really make many decisions of your own after you were born either, up until a certain point of maturity. You're a product of chaos. You were influenced by others and you influence others. There's only so much control you can really take over your own existence. And even that, as I proved earlier, that control may very well be an illusion.

Hey, maybe you can get your life back on track and accomplish all of your goals and get everything you want. Maybe you have the force of will to do that. Of course, maybe you don't. And you have no control over that. You have no control over the person that various genetic and environmental factors has shaped you into.

And this is where I'm personally struggling. You need to see others in this way as well as yourself. You need to accept that they're just the people that they are, and you're just who you are. And when you judge them, judge them accordingly. Do it in a pragmatic way, not a personal way. We're all children of chaos and nobody gets to choose their personalities.
>>
>>27335879
get drunk m8
>>
>>27336684
That's a very thoughtful insight, thanks anon.
>>
>>27335879
put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up
>>
>>27336681
What the fuck? That guy is a legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmN0q_n7AZM
>>
>>27336684
this is a great explanation for this, but there is no magic realization that could instantly cause you to not give a fuck. The thoughts of giving a fuck cut too deep in the brain to control or change
>>
File: 1399549118551.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1399549118551.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>27337013
>he died four days later
>>
>>27337033

It's funny. After typing out all that, I didn't even consider the fact that this isn't advice that's going to work for everyone. I mean, I'm not even sure if it's going to work for me. It's a worldview tailor made for my mind though and my specific personality. Not everyone is as concerned with notions like logic and fairness as I am, but if your personality is similar to mine, then maybe dwelling on it enough will cause a change. Or maybe not. Who knows.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.