[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /badteeth/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 14
File: Bad-Teeth-Heart-Attack-2.jpg (21 KB, 330x214) Image search: [Google]
Bad-Teeth-Heart-Attack-2.jpg
21 KB, 330x214
>18 years old
>Brush teeth twice a day and use dental floss
>Avoid drinking soda and eating sweets
>Still getting new holes every month
>>
>23
>Brush in the mornings before I head out
>Try to stick to only a soda a day tops
>I am chocolates bitch
>Whatisflossing.jpg
>Cavity free
>>
>>27333948
are you eating enough vegetables? Try eating cinnamon. Also this has a lot to do with the immune system so it could be you have too much cortisol(which enables oral infections. Do smoke tobacco or do you live with someone who does?
>>
>20
>Often forget to brush
>Drink loads of pepsi max
>Never floss
>Other than the fizzies I'm relatively healthy
>Teeth are perfect
Get fucked
>>
>>27334081
>Teeth are perfect
Did a dentist tell you this? because you can have hidden cavities.
>>
File: 1458616971476.jpg (53 KB, 824x618) Image search: [Google]
1458616971476.jpg
53 KB, 824x618
>21
>suck thumb when younger
>teeth out of shape
>get braces
freedom.png
>break retainer
>family too careless/poor to afford more
fuckmyshitupfampai
>teeth out of shape
>top row fucked
>bottom row is fine
>brush twice a day
>floss
>no cavities

but what grill will fuck with me when my teeth are shit
>>
>ITT: britbongs
>>
>>27334149
iktf. I'm 24 now and have braces.
I don't mind the not even being able to dream about kissing a qt girl because it probably has to do with all my other flaws in addition to shitty teeth but I mainly got it due to the crippling insecurity it had inflicted on my existence (avoiding talking, avoiding smiling, avoiding laughing)
People with good teeth genes have no idea how fortunate they are
>>
>>27334153
false, american black male

>>27334230
i should invest in some braces
>>
>>27333948
I just had my wisdom teeth pulled I am 30 but that was a piece of cake compared to what led up that.

So nearly 5 years ago the filling of one of my molars fell out. Like an idiot I just ignored an told myself I'd go get it plugged again the "next time" I'd go to the dentist. That time never really happened. I just ate with the good side my teeth and occasionally had to pry out bits of food out of my tooth hole. I also brushes the inside of my toothy as best as I could everyday.

That didn't do much, one day I cautiously and adventurously tried chewing a piece of gum on the side of my bad tooth and I don't know what happened but IMMEDIATELY I felt the worst pain of my entire life. For the next several days I couldn't sleep, I couldn't even close my jaw properly and was constantly swallowing aspirin and tylenol. Eating food was an extremely high risk.

One night/day I went down to the kitchen at 4am to look for an ice pack and told my mom who has there that I have a tooth ache. I showed it to her and was expecting her to be all like ANON YOU IDIOT WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SOONER but instead she was just like "oh..... wow... okay I'll start calling clinics around 7."

So I had that abscessed tooth pulled and the dentist was like "....yeah so one of your widsom teeth is cracked and the other aren't doing too great either" so I had that shit done as well.

I also have a shitload of cavities, but after spending literally thousands of dollars those can wait a little bit longer.
>>
>4 impacted wisdom teeth
>can't afford to get them removed
i'm sure hell is more pleasant than this
>>
File: 1458211082846.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1458211082846.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
You can tell how inbred your genetics are by teeth alone.

Sorry to break it to you, OP, but you're an abomination. Don't breed.
>>
That feel when you didn't take care of your teeth and are now fucked for life.
>>
>have yellow teeth
>"lol eww anon you should brush your teeth and they will magically turn white"
fucking normies actually believe this
>>
>>27334348
be sure to purchase the extra whitening toothpaste goyim
>>
My teeth are really disgusting. I needed braces when I was a kid but my family was poor and couldn't afford it. They're financially stable now, but the damage is done. Horrible overbite, teeth completely out of placement, extremely discolored, etc. I feel like committing suicide every time I look at my teeth.
>>
File: 1385944044938.png (734 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
1385944044938.png
734 KB, 720x537
>>27334363
Nah, I'd be better off spray painting them white.
>>
>>27334285
S if your wisdom teeth grow in perfectly, you have defined muscular structure without working out. As well as a large penis you have technically socially perfect genes? My wisdom teeth grew in perfectly and caused no issues.
>>
>>27334395
It's never too late to get braces anon. People in their 40s have it. It's a bit awkward at first but it can't be worse than what it was when you had shitty teeth and there's really no price for feeling a bit better about yourself
>>
>that feel after flossing, brushing, tongue scraping, and mouth wash
Sure my taste buds are dead for 6 hours, but my mouth is so clean you could eat out of it.
>>
>>27334149
Mine broke too, dentist said it would cost ~$220 to replace it so I nope.jpg'd the fuck out of there.
>>
>>27334149
SHOW YOUR TEETH OR FICK OFF YOU USELESS SHIT STAINS. THIS GOES FOR ALL YOU SCUMBAGS
TEETH OR GTFO
G
T
F
O
REEEE
>>
>>27333948
Swishing coconut oil around in ones mouth for 20 minutes a day seems to actually do something. Normies agree as well.
>>
>>27334348
This. I also have crowded teeth, and I'm willing to bet some people think they're dirty/I don't brush them, like brushing makes your teeth straight or something. Aside from them being yellow-ish and crooked they're clean and healthy otherwise.
>>
>>27334459
you realize that's the coconut industry trying to sell their shitty, worthless products by spreading bullshit "health tips" to idiots like you dumb enough to believe it.
>>
File: 1435548176846.jpg (11 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
1435548176846.jpg
11 KB, 300x269
>>27334510
>the coconut industry
those evil fucks
>>
>put off going to the dentist for 8 years because of cost
>figure I have 3-5 cavities and need wisdom teeth removed
>save up $1000 figuring I can take care of the major problems and plan for the others
>go to dentist
>hygienist spends an hour cleaning my teeth
>dentist looks at x-rays and examines my teeth
>"you have nearly perfect teeth with strong enamel!"
>says nothing about my wisdom teeth even though she told me to get them removed 8 years ago.
>out the door for $120 cash

I lucked out big time. I keep up with brushing twice a day and flossing 2-3 times a week now.
>>
>>27334273
Check out dental schools & faculty of dentistry at local universities.

They can do things like root canals and also pulling wisdom teeth for a fraction of the regular cost. My local place is 50% of a regular clinic.

Other places offer basic dental care (including extractions) free of charge, meant for homeless and low-income people who have no insurance.
>>
>>27334081

>brown line across front tooth
>caused by change in chemical structure of tooth that makes it more prone to this discoloration
>caused by shit my parents did to me as a child (improper medication...thanks for not being assed to read a label, shitbags)
>feel terrible about it
>try to fake confidence
>dentist said there's nothing they can do
>said no whitening product would work, would only make it worse
>only solution costs four figures

>tons of cavities as a child because parents couldn't be assed to make me brush and floss
>take care of my teeth now, too damn late
>turns out fillings get bad and fall out over time
>have to redrill and refill two childhood cavities in past four months

Thanks mom.

>>27334348

and then they reveal they got all sorts of whitening treatments and veneers and stuff because their rich mommies and daddies paid for it. REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: activated almonds2.jpg (53 KB, 366x488) Image search: [Google]
activated almonds2.jpg
53 KB, 366x488
>>27334510
>>27334595
>not growing your own home-made coconuts
>>
File: Untitled.png (447 KB, 843x574) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
447 KB, 843x574
post teeth lads
>>
>>27334443
>>27333948
>tfw you didn't know about tongue-scraping/brushing until you were 29 years old

LITERALLY NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THIS LIKE THE DENTIST NEVER SAYS ANYTHING WHEN I WENT FOR CHECK-UPS AND MY PARENTS NEVER TOLD ME TO BRUSH MY TONGUE AND THERE'S NO COCKSUCKING TONGUE-SCRAPER COMMERCIALS LIKE THERE IS FOR TOOTHBRUSHES WHY IS THIS BEING KEPT A SECRET
>>
File: 1458640656192.jpg (141 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
1458640656192.jpg
141 KB, 450x675
>>27333948
My bottom line seems to be worsening but doesn't look too bad yet, I used to brush once a day when I was in school (morning after breakfast) and I also brush whenever I need to go out, now that I'm a neet I don't brush often tbqh sometimes once a week but I avoid foods that can cause troubles and I also eat 1-2 apples a day, though this is an habit I started only less than a year ago.
>>
>>27334113
Maybe, maybe not. Not the poster, but, last time I went to the dentist, a couple of years ago

>anon, how long has it been since you've been to the dentist
>don't recall offhand, but it was during Clinton's presidency
>shock
>dismay
>visual inspection, find nothing
>x-rays
>find nothing
>bring in other dentist and three techs to look over my x-rays
>dentist triumphantly points at something on one of my teeth
>"you have a cavity"
>look at it, nope, "that's chipped from when I got knocked into a payphone when I was a teen"
>dentist looks back at it "yeah, you're right"
>other dentists and techs kinda wander off
>deflated dentist says I need to come back within six months to get checked again, or my teeth will fall out or some shit
>"but you're not going to, are you?"
>"nope"

My mutant power is perfect teeth. I wish it was something useful.
>>
File: boysnaks.png (100 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
boysnaks.png
100 KB, 230x230
i'm about to get ready to go to the dentist in 15 minutes

i haven't been in around 7-8 years, my teeth and gums feel and look alright but i'm probably going to need some work done since they're damaged from poor childhood hygiene
>>
>>27333948
I'm getting a couple dozen fillings including at least one crown done next month. As the dental hygienist put it, "the decay is getting pretty bad"
>>
>>27334777
What about your gums? There's no good in having perfect teeth if you have periodontitis.
>>
>>27334262
Heh, one of the fillings in my molar fell out too, but surely this won't happen to me, r-right?
>>
>>27334866
How long ago was that senpai? Get it refilled ASAP before it turns into something unbelievably painful and ridiculously expensive.

I remember at one point seeing a cavity that was growing from the inside-out, in my filling-hole. That was my second or third major red flag.
>>
>>27334838
Gums are fine, too. Wisdom teeth came in straight as well. Never had a cavity, never had any mouth-related problems.
>>
>>27334395
just got braces recently and i'm over 25. literally no one gives a fuck and my teeth already look much better only after 6 months. don't be a pussy, anon
>>
File: IMG_20160322_231023256.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160322_231023256.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
could be worse I guess

at least I have no cavities
>>
Xylitol gum you fags.

And a proper diet.
>>
File: 1448763095721.jpg (24 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
1448763095721.jpg
24 KB, 500x463
Here's how to take care of your teeth, fellas.
>not more than one acidic beverage a day
>chew sugarless gum at all times (this will also help your shitting habits)
>you only need to brush in the morning
>tooth paste is a scam, never use it
>mouthwash is also a scam
>keep those disposable floss sticks around and use them when you're bored
>>
>>27333948
>46
>brush teeth once a year
>only ever had 2 cavities
>>
File: mouth.jpg (40 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
mouth.jpg
40 KB, 454x453
>Had to go to the dentist last month as my teeth hurt
>Hadn't been for 11 years
>knew the dental surgeon would be upset
>wanted to give him a joke so at least he would know I am not a horrible person
>take a carrot with me to the dentists office
>want to make a joke at the end when the dentist gives me a lollipop for being good by giving him the carrot for being a good dentist
>go to the dentist
>he berates me for a solid 20 minutes without stopping because of how awful my teeth are
>I am basically crying by the end of his attack
>remember my joke
>reach into my coat and take out the carrot
>realise I am too sad and have a numb mouth so can't say anything
>put the carrot down on his table
>he doesn't give me a lollipop, realised later they only do that for children
>"this carrot is for your teeeth"
>he doesn't know what I mean, asks me to take the carrot with me
>take it
>can't get it back in my pocket
>leave the dentist, carrot sticking out of my pocket as I walk through waiting room
>see people looking at me
>want to get rid of the carrot
>put it on a stack of books and say "this magazine has a carrot subscription"
>walka way quickly
>haven't been back for my scraping and fillings
>teeth hurt even more
>>
>be me
>be british
>>
>>27335298
cousin fucking on an island mass for 1500 years will do that to people.
>>
File: smug_hoffman.png (430 KB, 949x718) Image search: [Google]
smug_hoffman.png
430 KB, 949x718
>>27335239
>want to make a joke at the end when the dentist gives me a lollipop for being good by giving him the carrot
I can't handle it, this was too hard to read through.
>>
>>27333948
>24 years old
>brush teeth ehh once a week or every other week, whenever I feel like it really or have something important to do
>don't drink soda, but drink coffee and smoke cigarettes
>don't floss
>perfect teeth, no cavities, never even had braces

hate to break it to you but it's mostly genetics.
>>
>>27335239
you should have wrapped the carrot and put a note on it
>>
>>27334435
>>27334918
I think you're underestimating how bad my teeth are. I'm certain that braces can't repair the damage.
On the plus side I have huge lips so my teeth rarely get exposed and I make a conscious effort to hide my teeth when I speak.
>>
>>27335239
>he berates me for a solid 20 minutes without stopping because of how awful my teeth are

Either you have extremely thin skin and was just giving you helpful advice and constructive criticism, or he's a power-hungry retard who's overstepping his boundaries as a dentist.

>>27335378
>don't drink soda
>guys it's genetic guys
>>
I brush my teeth maybe 5 times a year and have no teeth damage. Quit eating shit
>>
>>27335426
>he's a power-hungry retard who's overstepping his boundaries as a dentist
this desu, why would a fucking dentist berate someone with bad teeth when he's actually giving him the opportunity to earn his daily bread
>>
>>27335366
>smug_hoffman
did you understand anything of that interview?
>>
>>27335378
exactly the same
>>27335426
Yes, you stupid fat American, most people don't drink soda and still have cavities. If you drink that much soda that it fucks up your teeth you probably have diabeetus too and deserve to die.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.