[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is anime considered a non-NORMIE thing right? If so, then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 343x147) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 343x147
So is anime considered a non-NORMIE thing right?

If so, then why does Dragon Ball Z get a pass? Is it because the characters, piccolo for instants, being based, the action, or the serious tone it gets later on?

Whenever I talk about anime with others I never get nervous mentioning DBZ and other things like naruto or bleach. Is this because people grew up watching these shows and there was less fan service?

DBZ didn't have a lot if fan service, does that also have something to do with it?
>>
>>27333929
>DBZ didn't have a lot if fan service

You're too young to have seen all the original episodes where Bulma was constantly molested in her sleep and kept being seen in the shower, Oolong having to take Bulma's form and be motorboated by Master Roshi, Yamcha hitting on a pre-pubescent Chichi, and loads of other stuff.

Generally speaking, yes it's because people grew up on it and also because they likely saw the sanitized American version.

Even stuff like Naruto and Bleach is pushing it. That's more robot/weed material than it is normie territory. and usually normies only talk about the animes they USED to watch when they were kids which also includes Digimon and Pokemon.

Besides, every form of media/entertainment has its own normie surface.
>>
>>27333929
Lots of normies I know watch anime. Not just DBZ and like Pokemon, but all kinds of shit.
>>
File: ok.jpg (66 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
66 KB, 1366x768
>>27333929

Anime is absolutely for normies. One-Punch man is probably my favorite because of how well it parodies the awfulness of anime. Which is why so many of you hate it, kek.
>>
File: 1439589394234.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1439589394234.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>27335461
How does it parodize that? Never got around to watch that but always wanted to
>>
File: 1457731742011.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457731742011.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
"anime is for nerds" is kinda of a dated idea. anime is so widely available and diverse these days that pretty much everyone under age 45 has seen at least one anime. And shit like netflix and hulu having tons of shows just means that more people watch it. A lot more shows get a pass besides just DBZ OP. attack on titan, one punch man, naruto and pretty much anything mainstream in anime pops up in normalfag conversations.
>>
>>27335524
this desu senpai, wouldn't say everyone but surely I know some normie-tier people who've watched Death Note and Naruto
>>
>>27333929
DBZ is fucking cool. The only reason why I love lifting so much. Go on /fit/ or any local gym and ask millennials what their inspo is.
>>
>>27335517

let me be more clear, it feels like a parody. Honestly I believe it is. here's a clip from the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_igKkH_4q0
>>
All animes are watched by non-virgins.
>>
>>27335689
well, I heard people saying it was a clever deconstruction of its genre, so that makes sense, next up on my list is haibane renmei though
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.