[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the future worry you? Imagine reaching 60. Your parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 675647.jpg (92 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
675647.jpg
92 KB, 550x366
Does the future worry you?

Imagine reaching 60. Your parents are probably dead, you'll live on your own without any children/grandchildren because a women's standard in men will be higher than ever
>>
>>27332456
My future might be okay.

I already have a dead parent, but my mom might actually still be alive since she'll just be 77.

Assuming they don't die, I'll at least have children. I'll be fairly well off if my mom is dead, since she's rich. I'll have had a long career with books published and might even be respected.
>>
>>27332456
>you'll live on your own without any children/grandchildren because a women's standard in men will be higher than ever

And how is that bad?
>>
>>27332583
its got pros and cons. The biggest drawback is probably going into old age without anyone to help you out if you become too frail to do anything on your own.
>>
>>27332456
sounds good, where do I sign up?
>>
dude i will be dead way before i am 60 so why bother thinking about it
>>
>>27332612
>The biggest drawback is probably going into old age without anyone to help you out if you become too frail to do anything on your own
I'll just play my joker. Suicide. If I can't live on my own, I don't deserve to live at all.
>>
File: 1458565078269.gif (1 MB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1458565078269.gif
1 MB, 600x400
>>27332456
I will never reach 60. Crohn's and gerd probably won't kill me directly but the increased cancer risk and the meds will. Plus my megaesophagus is fucking woth my heart somehow now. I feel like I'm going to fait every other minute because my heart keeps skipping beats.

I'm 27, I really doubt I have more than a decade at that rate.
>>
>>27332612
hire carers.
>>
>>27332456
Don't worry, most of us will be dead because of World War III long before it comes to that
>>
>>27332456
nope, I'm pretty set. Just need to find a woman that is decent
>inb4 no woman is decent anon
not my priority but it would be a nice bonus.
>>
the future doesn't exist, the only thing that exists is the present moment
>>
>>27332456

>already 27khv

The future scares me in other ways. I am very INFP, and I spend a lot of time daydreaming. When I think about the future, it's painful. I can very much imagine myself somewhere quiet, living in a small house away from people by some woods. I could go on and on about what it's like there, how it feels, what it sounds like, and all that stuff.

The problem is that I know how unrealistic it is. I know that it will never happen. I know that one of two things will happen because I know me. I will either be living alone in some shitty apartment somewhere working a job I hate barely getting by or I'll be dead because I finally ended it all.

It doesn't matter how much I try to change it, it will always come down to that. I've tried before and I'm trying now. No matter how hard I try, everything I do crumbles around me worse than before.
>>
Yes. Im 26 and wonder if ill end up like what OP described or force myself to marry a landwhale or single mom.

I actually dont think being a bachelor would be so bad but its impossible to tell if id still like it 50 years from now
>>
my mom died when i was 5, dad left and died some years later, don't really remember when, don't really care

both parents dead, all grandparents dead but only knew one, one uncle dead, one aunt, one brother in law

and i'll die without children/grandchildren because i'm a faggot anyway, i do try to keep up with my 3 nephews and niece (play xbox 360 with youngest nephews, rocket league on steam with oldeset, harder to find things to do with niece so i chat with her on normiebook)

meh.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.