[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"work harder you lazy piece of shit" >"ADHD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1432724756686.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>"work harder you lazy piece of shit"
>"ADHD and depression is not real stop being a lazy piece of shit"
>"in my day all it took was a handshake..."
>kills himself
>NOOOOOOOOOO MY SON!!! MY ONLY SON!!!! OH, WHY DEAR GOD!!! WHY OH WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS COMING???
>>
>>27331093

Boomers, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
>>
>>27331093
stupid original frogposter
>>
>>27331093
dumb frogposter original original
>>
Fun fact: Your parent(s) will only pretend to mourn for their public image.

They don't really care if you die or not.

They just want you as their slave/punching bag. They might get angry that you caused an inconvenience to them by killing yourself, but that's it.
>>
>>27331093
Someone post that video.

The one where the parent is arguing with his son, gives him a gun to kill himself. The son shoots himself on the head and then the dad starts throwing a tantrum
>>
>>27331093
>ADHD
>Real
lmao. Do you also think dyslexia is real?
>>
>>27331665
>dyslexia
>real
LMAO. Do you also think Alzheimer's is real?
>>
>>27331093
This is why I won't kill myself, I'll just live on and blame them for my problems so they can't win sympathy points when I die. I want to destroy them utterly and still live in my cave, I've suffered enough.
>>
>>27331610
Here it is.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c9_1442749005

You only matter when you die.
>>
>>27331610

what the fuck
I really want to see this
>>
>>27331680
>Alzheimers
>real

LMAO. Do you also think Down's syndrome is real?
>>
>>27331680
Found the triggered retard with shit parents that never taught him how to read
>>
>>27331694
>Down syndrome
>real

LMAO. Do you think paraplegics are real?
>>
>>27331691
>The older I get the more I realize how much truth there is in this quote: "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes" ...if you've got an asshole for a father (or spouse/girlfriend/whatever) ... leave them, change the situation, go build your own life, with happy things in it, and decent people who treat you well.

Damn...
>>
>>27331691

fucking lmao
the dad reminds me of footballers taking a dive
>>
>>27331714
>Paraplegics
>real

LMAO. Do you also think Amyotrophic lateral sclerosisis real?
>>
>ADHD

Can you describe what it's like? I always thought I may have it, but you know...
>IT AIN'T REAL
>>
>>27331691

>no hesitation

fucking based
>>
Honestly, I laughed.
>>
>>27331709
>parents
>real
Lmao. Do you also think sex is real?
>>
>>27331694
no but i listen to symdrome of a down.
>>
>>27331736

Not the anon you were asking but it's like this (at least in my case)

You go through life and lose things and people yell at you as if you chose to lose them. But that wasn't how it happened. Your mind was on something else, and you weren't even aware that losing that thing was a risk. You felt you had it with you in a secure spot, but in fact you didn't. But you weren't aware the thing wasn't secure until it was too late.

Another example would be homework. You go to school and you don't have your homework to turn in so the teacher tears you a new one.

But you didn't remember the homework was due that day. If you had, you would've. But you didn't, because you were thinking of something else the night before and you forgot.

And during a lecture the professor or teacher will call on you but you weren't paying attention, so you're humiliated in front of everyone.

But it doesn't feel like you CHOSE not to pay attention. It just didn't happen. You weren't even aware you weren't paying attention until that fact was CALLED to your attention.

Those are just some examples.
>>
>>27331933
what are you implying anon? that we have no control of our actions?
>>
>Durr theres no such thing as depression, you're just lazy
>Dude everyone gets sad once in a while
>You're not trying hard enough. Try harder
>Just deal with it. Pull up your bootstraps an get on with it
>OMG I don't get why you have depression you have no reason for it
>>
>>27332067

>what are you implying anon? that we have no control of our actions?

Pretty much. We're meat robots. We do what we're programmed to.

There's no homunculus "you" in your brain choosing your thoughts and actions. That feeling, if you're one of the people who experiences it, is completely illusory.
>>
>>27331933
Damn, all of that happened to me since I was a kid.

My grandma always used to have to find things for me because I would lose them. Heck, a week ago I lost an important bill and I had it in my hands 20 mins before I lost it in my own home.

I almost never knew what was for homework and my dad would yell at me for it all the time. I tried my best, but I just couldn't hear it, my brain wouldn't register it. I could never stay focused in what professors are saying more than 15 minutes.

I sometimes get up to pick something up from another room and I forget what I wanted to do.

I'm also always late, I get lost in time and my thoughts a lot.

Damn, is there a cure for this?
>>
>>27332163

There's no "cure" but lots of options for management.

I honestly, truly would not recommend starting on prescription stimulants or other ADHD medications. They're not nearly as well-regulated as the FDA and psychiatry industry act like they are. Here's just one example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/business/generic-ritalin-drug-not-equivalent-to-the-brand-is-in-use-anyway.html?_r=0

Also a lot of them are made in India, which is a very corrupt country that has a reputation for falsifying equivalency data (look up Ranbaxy's conviction for fraud).

I was on meds a long time. There are benefits and drawbacks but on the whole, it was not worth it. The side effects are significant for some people, they can be addictive, and pharmacies can switch brands at any time without giving you notice because of the "official" line that all generics of the same drug are the same, even though it's been demonstrated multiple times that that's not always the case.

What has worked well for me personally is nicotine. It helps me remember things and pay attention without the side effects of prescription stimulants.

I wouldn't recommend smoking to you or anyone else; I can't say I'm even recommending you start taking nicotine. But nicotine lozenges keep my ADHD symptoms in check very well and compel me to remember things much better than I would otherwise.

Other things that might help you are exercising more, making sure to get enough nutrition (DHA is an important nutrient that helps your brain work as well as it can), and avoid taking on more responsibility than you think you can handle.

The current culture pressures you to bite off as much as possible. I say don't bite off more than you can chew. Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
File: 1458303139935.jpg (72 KB, 475x1130) Image search: [Google]
1458303139935.jpg
72 KB, 475x1130
>>27331691
Wow...like what did you expect, you tore him down to his lowest moment.
>>
>>27332266
I'm not from US, so I doubt we have ADHD field developed enough and registered for me to be medicated and possibly receive therapy.

I haven't noticed anything that helps me remember better, except maybe Cola, which boosts my mood, but that could be another story.

I also have terrible memory and studying is hard for me, so I mostly rely on visual memory.

Thanks for your advices. I'll try not to push myself, in fact, I know my own body and mind limits, but my dad pushes me and insists on me being lazy, irresponsible etc.
>>
>>27332435

Don't blame your dad too much. He's just doing what he was conditioned to do. He probably thinks he's benefiting you by being this way, even if he isn't.

>I also have terrible memory and studying is hard for me, so I mostly rely on visual memory.

One thing that's helped me is using text-to-speech programs and getting them to repeat things I need to memorize.

For example if you need to memorize a mathematical formula or rule, write it (in words) in the text box and make the voice say it ten, twenty, or even thirty times.

It works really well for me. I used this a lot for mathematics classes and history classes. It's great for anything that involves rote memorization.
>>
>>27332543
Thanks man, I'll try it. My grandma used to study with me like that, she would repeat things with me until I memorized it.
>>
File: 1458454721328.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458454721328.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
>Suicide is a selfish act!
>Think about how it would make US feel!
>>
File: 1455560563938.png (128 KB, 534x360) Image search: [Google]
1455560563938.png
128 KB, 534x360
>>27332721
but you can just be yourself anon!
>>
>>27331691
>decided to shoot himself
There's this word called coerce you fuckers. Fucking hate normals especially the boomers.
>>
>>27332721

>someone else gets it

Mah nigga
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.