[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he fell for the STEM meme How does it feel to have a degree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 84519784.jpg (626 KB, 1525x1946) Image search: [Google]
84519784.jpg
626 KB, 1525x1946
>he fell for the STEM meme

How does it feel to have a degree to prepare you for an oversaturated industry actively trying to recruit females only, and also have no social skills?
>>
Feels batman. Only jobs out there are entry level positions with no signs of growth. Currently plotting my way out by heading into speech therapy because it actually pays a livable sum and the work is much more rewarding
>>
The biggest problem with STEM is that it's like learning a foreign language that the entire third world is also learning.

You'll never compete with 3 billion third worlders.

Liberal arts allow you to specialize with the tools only you can have; cultural know-how.

A high school history teacher is more marketable as such if they're native to that country.

A programmer is fine whether he's from India or Germany.
>>
File: Capture.png (3 KB, 597x39) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3 KB, 597x39
Feels pretty good tbqh. That's my last pay check.
>>
>>27330131
>high starting salary
>no career progression whatsoever

You'll be on that salary +inflation adjustment til you die most likely
>>
>>27329970

I'm never going to laugh at STEM people, their plan is infinitely better than my "I guess I'll go to law school and hopefully get a job thanks to that federal judge my dad is friends with" plan.
>>
>>27330219

Afraid not friendo.

>1st year out of school
$70,000

>2nd year out of school
$100,000

>3rd year out of school
$125,000

>4th year out of school
Projected to make $170,000

I'll be promoted again in about 2-3 years and be making ~200k-250k. I could probably get there faster if I job hop.

I plan on retiring and becoming a community college teacher or something before 50.
>>
STEM is the only thing I'm capable of. I'm still not enough of a normie to do well in it.
>>
Even Trump seems to have reversed course on opposing the expansion of the H1B program. Sock away as much money as possible before Pajeet takes your job.

>MFW the United States is turning into a Third World country where everyone's a truck driver, customer service rep, or factory worker.
>>
>>27330341
This is my biggest problem with the STEM industry.
>>
>how does it feel?

Please don't imply I can feel anything anymore.
>>
>>27330219
it's better than wagecucking. who gives a shit if he has no career progression? you people are insufferable faggots who care only about yourselves. if he is making good money, then he will *always* be making good money provided his job is stable.
>>
>>27329970
I wish I could know that feel but I dropped out :((((
>>
>>27330341
Sanders actually opposed H1B and also wanted to expand a govt work program

>inb4 polacks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.