[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I failed 1 year mechanical engineering. >I failed 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1458029594338.jpg (75 KB, 448x609) Image search: [Google]
1458029594338.jpg
75 KB, 448x609
>I failed 1 year mechanical engineering.

>I failed 2 years computer science.

>I want to become a male nurse and then study medicine.

>I am 23 y/o.

After stating some facts and realizing that, if I decide to go that route I will be a doctor/surgeon at the age of ~38; how much am I fucked? How much will society fuck me?
>>
If you go after surgery, you're going to be wasting your best working years just trying to make it to that point, Anon.
>>
>>27327969
What do you mean?

My concern was, if I will get into nursing school at my age.

And what you guys think about becoming a doctor at a later age.
>>
>>27327832
Depends on where you live. If in the US, enjoy paying off student loans until the day you die. If anywhere else, go for it.

Also you could become a nurse on go for a degree in anthropology with a focus on medical anthropology on the side, which will be significantly easier than actually studying medicine. You can do it while working full time. Because honestly if you failed and engineering and CS already, you'll probably fail medicine as well.
>>
>>27328023
Thank you for your suggestions, but I do not know what you mean by medical anthropology and in how far it would be beneficial for my goal. Not US. Germany.

I would still need to pay everything on my own, but you are correct that I will not need to pay off student loans.

The reason I wound up in those two subjects and probably did not keep on doing them are complicated, but I can assure you that I have enough capacities to study difficult subjects.
>>
>>27328088
If your goal is to be a medical doctor then go study medicine, no way around it. There is much less social stigma attached to being an older student in Germany than the US, so that isn't a problem at all. Just keep in mind being a doctor in Germany sucks even more than anywhere else and you better plan on opening your own private practice or you'll either not make cash or not have enough time to use your cash. Doctors in Germany get fucked hard.
>>
>>27328021
Doesn't becoming a doctor require 8 years of studying or something?
>>
>>27327832
this is the funniest pic I've seen on this site all year
>>
>>27328159
Okay. Thank you for the motivating words.

I'll just need to wait or make a special test, so I'll need to wait/do sth else for at least another year until that.

>>27328165
In germany it requires 6 years of studying and then another 5 years to become a specialized doctor (surgery or whatever).

>>27328168
Did you just come back to 4chan yesterday?
>>
>>27328196
>In germany it requires 6 years of studying and then another 5 years to become a specialized doctor
That's still a sort of long time, but at least it's not all education.
Don't be so insecure about it, who cares how old you are? You're making something of yourself.
>>
>>27327832
If you live in a social democratic utopia, like I do, you'll be fine.
If you live in america or somewhere similar, commit sudoku because you're probably an old cumrag in the eyes of everyone for being a late bloomer.
>>
>>27328196
this week
(btw, 4chan hiatus is the way forward. Got a gf and errything)
>>
>>27327832
>>27328021
>>27328165
>>27328277
>old cumrag

It depends. I went to law school with some dude in his late thirties to early forties. He wsa bald, too, but busted his ass, made the law review, and got a BigLaw job. Dunno about going for an MD though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.