[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I basically quit my first job without my 2 weeks that I worked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: panic.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
177 KB, 367x321
If I basically quit my first job without my 2 weeks that I worked for for 9 months can I mention it in my next job if its very relevant experience? retail jobs if it matters.
>>
>>27327395
You can, but they'll inquire why you didn't give your two weeks and it will likely be something of a handicap going forward if you can't give a reasonable explanation. They'll wonder if you won't do it to them, as well.
>>
>>27327578
so its better to not just leave a blank? what if the reason was incompetent management and hostile work enviroment?
>>
>>27327606
You might need to explain how it was hostile/why they were incompetent. But I would leave it on, if they ask why you left, just explain.
>>
>>27327626
>little to no training for employers and manager/supervisors
>conflicting policies
>managers have conflicting polices
>supervisors talk bad about employee's to other employee's
>no recognition for work done
>hypocritical managers (tell employee's not to do X on the job, they do X on the job)
>customer was never really put first
>job wasn't a correct fit for me (I am better at selling stuff than doing menial tasks)
>fired a great employee with no forewarning
> forcing people to work alone with given menial tasks to do for hours on end even if its sub-optimal then never recognizing once the task is done.
>customer wasn't put first
>was yelled at by a manager for asking for help from an employee when I was off, I wasn't treated like a customer by management even though I was.
is that good enough?
>>
>>27327741
Yeah dude, those all sound pretty solid to me. I'd have walked out on them, too.

Given the board were on, I half expected something really, really unreasonable, but all of those are still good reasons, most employers would understand not wanting to work there.

If it comes up, that's a good list bro.
>>
Don't ever raise complaints about a former employer during an interview.

That's a great way to come off as a whiner.
>>
>>27327781
so I just put my old job on the resume and list a (loyal) manager? because if they called and talked to any manager the managers are probably just gonna shaft me

How do I avoid letting them call the place instead of my contact?
>>27327798
how tf would I explain this then
>>
>>27327395
>retail
Does retail on the resume even matter in the long run?
>>
>>27327946

A good employer won't ask, but if they do, you give a soft excuse. Pursuing opportunity, etcetera.

I mean, if your former employer shits on you, you're just gonna have to live with it.

If you got to the interview even after they call your former employer, they probably don't care.
>>
Done that before, either
>other employer does check references
or
>retail doesn't give references
Either way I've just used my aunts and my professors.
>>
>>27329238
>other employer doesn't check references
Also, they blacklist you from further employment with the company.
>>
>reading resume
>mentions retail
>in other words, a manchild with no actual skill and no education at all
>into the trash it goes
>>
>>27327741
Most retail places are like that anyway, so if you're going for another retail place don't bring it up - it's probably like that there too and they don't want to be called out on their bullshit.
>>
>>27329896
I would say it depends. Some retail places have you call a corporate phone number to verify employment (every retail place in my experience, apparently you can sue them for libel) while some managers contacted directly will actually give a reference depending on how close you were.
>>
>>27329287
Nah, I've walked out on walmart 3 times. They keep trying to re-hire me.

>>
>>27330080
>three times
why anon
>>27329328
>implying an 18 year old can find a great skill job
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.