[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever thought about becoming a monk? It's obvious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: carthusian-monk.jpg (38 KB, 503x640) Image search: [Google]
carthusian-monk.jpg
38 KB, 503x640
Has anyone ever thought about becoming a monk?

It's obvious that we're not the kind of people who become husbands and fathers, so perhaps we are more suited to the monastic life.
>>
>>27326630
I've considered something like that. But then I'd lose the few things I do have that make me happy.
>>
>>27326630
I've seriously considered it. However the fundamental problem I had was believing in a metaphysical reason to abstain from everything.

I'm too agnostic to commit
>>
>>27326630
I've considered it:
>get to travel everywhere
>get drunk on wine all the time
>make a bit of cash on the side doing private weddings
>spend your dosh on prostitutes and good food
>get paid to sit on your ass all day
>only have to study one stupid book

The churches have unfortunately clamped down on corruption, making the job less fun than it used to be.
>>
>>27326630
They don't take lazy, materialist NEET degenerates without work ethic or a sense of duty to the Lord.
>>
I have thought about becoming a pastor. So if I am a pastor I still have the option of getting married. Been releflecting a lot on life recently. Most people see religion as such a cut and dry thing. Its more of a set of guidelines written in a time to stop people from fucjing others over or going against social rules of the time. Now you say you have to be a %100 believer to be a pastor but what they don't know is you can fuckig lie and preach shit. As long as it is a good message overall then its a win for everyone.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.