[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /pol/ how do I get better at arguing on 4chan? It seems like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1458619893344.jpg (438 KB, 1335x2513) Image search: [Google]
1458619893344.jpg
438 KB, 1335x2513
Ok /pol/ how do I get better at arguing on 4chan? It seems like I go into the actual disagreement with good intentions thinking I'm in the right but by the time it's all over everyone in the thread seems to be on the other guy's side, even those who generally agree with my position responding calling me a faggot.

How do I not only win the argument but win the crowd?
>>
First step: post on the correct board.
Second step: idk
>>
The best way to win a 4chan argument honestly is to catch someone in a logical fallacy. Study up on a website like your logical fallacy is and then slyly bring up the correct one during the debate.

It's usually a straw man fallacy, ad hominem although this is less common now than it was like in 2012, or anecdotal. The just world fallacy is especially popular on r9k, you can also call it survivor's bias.

Pretty easy senpai, also good to know when to call it quits but to make sure you announce when you do so, makes the other anon feel really pathetic for being so invested in the conversation.
>>
>>27326158

How is murder at that point a crime......?
>>
>>27326158
Learn the correct vocabulary and way of presenting your argument. In some boards like /his/ you will actually need a good foundation for your argument but even there this helps big time. Most of the time its Style over substance here. You need to convince a pack of mostly up per middle class edgelord white boys to join your cause. A well placed funny greentext is worth more than a logical argument most of the time. Its populism tbqh familia
>>
>>27326553
this
I try to go for a minimalist style.
>like greentexting a certain oblivious sentence
and simply calling him retarded
>>
>>27326553
good reaction images go a long way too

it's better to stay away from pepe because some older robots don't like him anymore

a funny "mfw" that overexaggerates the poster's feelings toward the other guy he's arguing gets more (you)s
>>
>>27326158
>ok /pol/
wat? this is /r9k/?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.