[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2001-2007
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1444067275871-2.jpg (122 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1444067275871-2.jpg
122 KB, 720x540
I know you guys miss the pre-9/11 era/90s most of all, and hate the current era where Big Bang Theory got popular, normies invaded the Internet, iPhone came out, etc.

But what are your thoughts on the era that came between that? You know like 2001-2007ish? Good, bad, mixed, etc? Indeed, it was a surreal twilight between the pre-social media era and the post-social media era

>Late 90s pop culture still relevant to an extent
>Cartoons still good (Samurai Jack, Genndy clone wars, Jenny the waifu, etc.)
>Post-9/11 patriotism and fear
>Bushisms
>4chan newer and less filled with shit posters
>people actually customized their computer theme for fun
>Windows XP(still the best)
>shitty flash cartoons and games we all loved
>no Tumblr
>no Reddit
>life was good on the internet
>no phone posting
>>
out of everything in that picture i miss flip phones the most, it was the coolest way ever to end a call
>>
File: 1458594115210.jpg (25 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458594115210.jpg
25 KB, 1280x720
Phone posting right now
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 1024x699
Again with this thread? Jesus
>>
Pic forgot Runescape.
>>
newgrounds and castle crashers was the shit senpai
>>
>>27322740
You can still use a flip phone if you really want, there's nothing stopping you other than mild social stigma and the loss of constant access to apps
>>
>>27322796
nigga it really changes f-a-m to senpai
>>
>tfw depression hit in 2005 and has only gotten worse with time

Change it to 98-2004 and we're good. Or better, at least.
>>
File: 1458617232375.png (296 KB, 934x525) Image search: [Google]
1458617232375.png
296 KB, 934x525
i'm getting really sick of all these grown-up late 90s babies having nostalgia for the shitty mid-2000s

DUDE DISNEY CHANNEL SO GUD LMAO
>>
>>27322696

Yeah that period wasn't bad, personally 2000-06 was bad for me because it was when I was in highschool and my parents were getting divorced. But CULTURALLY it wasn't bad. The same period extended I'd say to 2011, that's when there was a huge shift to shit.

But maybe it was just my personal life at the time, but I felt like things were on the up-and-up. Everything was getting a little better all the time, new technology everywhere, newer ideas. Things seem really stagnant now, does anyone else feel that? Or fake. Like the normies are trying to capture that era's magic but they can't because they're the ones that ruined it. Example: how they say stuff like "make this go viral!"

I miss YTMND too, although I'm sure I can just go over there right now. I miss when it was funniest shit around, that type of humor is oversaturated now.
>>
>>27322740
my ghetto ass virgin mobile phone was fucking invincible shit never cracked or broke like caseless smart phones
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.