[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First step to normie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1445999649038.png (212 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
1445999649038.png
212 KB, 500x292
So I finally gave in and got a smartphone.How do I use this thing to have fun like all the cool kids? How do you robots use your smartphones? Aren't you afraid of the botnet overlords knowing your every move and position at any second?

Already downloaded some music and wallpapers. Now looking for decent apps.
>>
>>27320929
>How do I use this thing to have fun like all the cool kids?
Don't try to do that.
>How do you robots use your smartphones?
I just use them for phone stuff, light internet browsing, multimedia, and GPS.
>Aren't you afraid of the botnet overlords knowing your every move and position at any second?
You can turn off location tracking, WiFi, etc. As for other stuff such as apps fucking with your contacts (Viber, for example, sends your contacts to everyone else, and theirs do the same, and so on, like WTF?) there's AppOps for rooted Android to block permissions (but the UI is shit and hasn't improved at all because fucking Android devs are incompetent).
>>
>how do you robots use your smartphones?
All I do is browse /r9k/ on my phone
>>
>>27320929
I have a rooted android phone

It's p useful

I like using the offline GPS with Osmand and taking pics

> Aren't you afraid of the botnet overlords knowing your every move and position at any second?

You can turn the phone off dumbass
>>
>>27320929
If you got an android, download overchan and forget about being a normie
>>
Why worry about botnet when there are already billions of government nanobots flowing through your body? They're in the food, they're in the water.
>>
>>27322384
clover is superior nigger
>>
I use it to check the time, and also keep pictures of Cambodian temples on it that I look at when I'm standing awkwardly in a public place and need to look like I'm doing something on my phone. Also the camera is pretty good, I take pictures of streets and stuff.

It's very nice.
>>
But you'll never be normie OP.
Just give up like the rest of us.
Stop trying to leave.
>>
>>27322417
Proof or gtfo

original
>>
>>27322423
Clover is complete trash, might as well just use the default internet browser
>>
>>27322497
Like the government is going to let the proof out. You already know it's the truth.
>>
>>27322301
>location tracking
Whoops, meant "location" as in GPS. They will always track you anyway when you have calls enabled. Not much you can do about that besides setting it to airplane mode. I remember reading that iPhone keeps a log of that shit and covertly copies it to computers it get connected to.
>>
>>27322507
yeah because NANOMACHINES SON
>>
>>27322489
I'm here forever, it's just that all day I see normies with their nose buried in these tiny screens for hours and wonder what the hell it is they see in them.
>>
>>27323435
They're either texting, facebooking, looking at photos, playing bejeweled, or covertly photographing/videotaping, in descending order of likelihood.
>>
>>27320929
fuck the apps, just keep pulling it out in public and pretend you're texting
>>
File: gets it.png (575 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
gets it.png
575 KB, 716x716
and me on snapchat baka

>bwg3789
>>
>tfw posting from my 2010 htc evo
>gifs and webms don't work
Haha just kill me
>>
The reality you'll have to face, OP, is that Android is somehow the most badly-implemented popular operating system in the world. Even worse than OS X. It just goes to show how normalfags have no standards.

>>27324246
It always disturbs me how soulless Christian Bale looks in that movie. Like he, the actor, murdered prostitutes between takes to get into character.
>>
>>27320929
Idk how smartphones by default are seen as a normie thing. It's like having a portable computer to browse 4chan on. Save a bunch of anime pictures on it. You can also put on headphones and listen to music so no one bothers you at all. Pretty much all the things I do at home with me when I am forced to leave it.
>>
Guys I got a new phone recently and clover isn't on the play store anymore, where do I download it from?
>>
File: cap.jpg (58 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
58 KB, 600x327
>>27324341
its not that deep senpai
>>
Mobile browser recommendation sempais pls?

Firefox and Dolphin are letting me down lately (outdated and bloated for the former, skimpy and limited for the latter. Unless Im doing it wrong)

Also OP, getting a smartphone isn't normie tier. If anything using oldschool flip phones screams edgy hipster
>>
>>27324618
opera is the least shitty
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-06-16-22h07m39s696.png (652 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-06-16-22h07m39s696.png
652 KB, 1280x720
>>27324341
H-how did you know I'm using android?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.