[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>therapist appointment tomorrow >can't tell her about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 1452670242896.png (62 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1452670242896.png
62 KB, 454x453
>therapist appointment tomorrow
>can't tell her about any of my actual problems because she wouldn't understand
>instead always just end up talking about politics for 30 minutes
>she is a huge Bernie supporter and I like Trump
>for 30 minutes she just tells me why Bernie is good and why Trump is racist/sexist

Bad feel.
>>
>well adjusted professional trying to help the dregs of society is a Bernie supported
>degenerate loser who can't even be honest about his problems with a therapist is a Trump supporter

Like lazy poetry.
>>
File: 1453083393588.jpg (23 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1453083393588.jpg
23 KB, 396x388
>>27319780
This thread is meant to be more about how worthless therapy is than politics, please go b8 somewhere else.
>>
>>27319821
It is only worthless because you are worthless
>>
>>27319821
but he's right though
>>
I cannot read the word "therapist" without dividing it into "the rapist" anymore
>>
>>27319946
Sure bud
>>27319972
Sure bud
>>27320086
That's too bad.
>>
>>27319740
why do you have a therapist if you don't talk about your issues? You're wasting your own money.

Inb4 your parents got you a therapist so you have to keep going, and you're an underage cringeworthy trump shitposter
>>
>>27319821
it's just an interesting observation anon
>>
>at dinner
>parents talking
>say they should shoot a bb gun at a picture of Trump
>>
When I had a therapist I tended just to lie and never really say anything too personal for fear of more required sessions or cops/being institutionalized
>>
So you, a trump supporter (or your parents) are paying this lady who supports money to argue about who should be king figure head, when you have actual problems you want/need to deal with?

Are you a living political cartoon? That's kinda neat.
>>
>>27320851
>>27320851
My dad makes me go, I live with while I attend uni. He doesn't really make me I suppose, I asked him to get me in, but after the initial two appointments where she got to know me, nothing has really come out of it. I will probably quit soon.
>>27321202
Fair enough. I wouldn't consider a therapist to be the most respectable profession. They're paid to sit in a room and listen to you while not judging. Nothing wrong with it, just not something I would say puts them higher than other people in society.
>>27321259
Kek, I occasionally misspeak about a family member and am too anxious to correct it.

I just can't tell her about any of my real personal issues. It's too embarrassing.
>>
>>27321344
>they dont judge
how can you be paid to talk to someone while also not making a whole lot of effort to listen? that is basically exactly what judging means
>>
>>27321334
It was just our last appointment. We had two or three appointments where she just got to know me, but since then I got prescribed a medication from a psychiatrist that actually has helped me incredibly effectively. I have been meaning to tell my dad I don't need to see the therapist anymore, but I haven't gotten around to it and it doesn't cost him anything out of pocket, his work's insurance plan covers it all.
>>
>>27321376
I mean not judging you negatively and scolding constantly.
>>
File: 1423597225100.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1220) Image search: [Google]
1423597225100.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1220
>>27321423
judging negatively and passively is worse because that way they deprive you of the right to be angry
>>
File: 1458245782350.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1458245782350.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1333
>>27319740
More than likely she pick the polar opposite of your choice to get into your head better
That's what I do when talking religion/politics I get a clearer view of you as a person when I take the most challenging approach.
I see the real you, the you faced with adversity and how you handle it.
>>
>>27319740
>Choosing a female therapist
>EVER

Why did you decide to pay a female to discuss your problems with you?
You can't tell literally any of your problems, as you said, firstly she would be abhorred, but mostly, she just wouldn't understand.

I will never understand males seeking female therapists
>>
>>27319740
A good therapist wouldn't reveal her opinion on subjects like that.
>>
>>27319740
youre afraid to tell her about your problems

shes a professional who will try to help you its her job to deal with cooky fucks like you whatever is bugging you isnt gonna break her
>>
>>27321596
Unless she was baiting
It's something you are taught to do when becoming a councilor or therapist with secluded clients or ones with self esteem issues. You fish at them to respond and honestly that can tell you more than any honest response.
>>
i bet ops story is fake

this is just a stealth trump thread
>>
>>27319780
she's only well adjusted when she agrees with you
>>
Bernie and Trump boil down to the same retarded philosphy:

>more centralized power so problems believed to be caused by too little centralized power can be solved

This has never worked and will never work, as science and society progresses governments will naturally shrink.
>>
>>27321522
>>27321633
I don't think it's this, because she told me her opinion first. Would have no way of knowing if I agreed with her.
I don't say much when she brings it up, I'm not a vitriolic Bernie hater or vehement Trump supporter, it's just that if I had to choose, I'd go with Trump.
>>27321573
It's the only mental health clinic in my town and they literally only have female therapists. Thought it would be better than nothing.
>>27321610
I don't want to tell her because most of my issues relate to women/sex in some way and I've never spoken those issues out loud. Also I don't think they can be fixed.
>>
>>27321710
well youre never gonna know if they can be fixed if you dont try anon
>>
>>27321654
Nah family, I am not very interested in politics and would rather keep this thread about therapy.
>>27321732
I suppose that's true, but I don't know man. These are deeply rooted issues, I don't think there's much anyone could say to change them.
>>
>>27321710
You're pretty fucked then.
If you don't have a male therapist available you might aswell not go to a therapist at all.

You're throwing money down the drain going to a therapist session once a week where you can't actually tell them how you feel about certain things
>>
>>27321785
a therapists job is to help people work through shit like that dude its gonna at the very least help you a little bit and send you on the right track
>>
>>27321710
>Would have no way of knowing if I agreed with her.
you be surprised remember your dad is making you go
If he knows she knows
Or maybe she took an educated guess because of you or your family.
>>
>>27321801
to be fair some people are more open to the opposite sex
>>
>>27319740
She's assuming you have no one to talk to , so any human communication will be beneficial to you. They do it to/for me as well.
>>
>>27321710
assuming your story is true any therapist that opens with any opinion true or not, is just trying to see how you stir emotionally, where your center is.
Or she is just really bad at her job which is always possible.
>>
File: 1435101958660.jpg (65 KB, 526x622) Image search: [Google]
1435101958660.jpg
65 KB, 526x622
>>27319740
>parents force me into therapy
>first day
>go in
>therapist is young attractive female
>immediately turn around and start walking out
>parents and staff are asking me whats wrong why i don't want to do this anymore
>camly explain that my issues revolve around being a genetically inferior male so it seems to just add insult to injury
>how attractive women such as her have bullied, harassed and other wise humiliated me all my life from elementary school on wards and being in her presences would be too "triggering"
>mfw they all hold back laughter and tell me i'm being delusional

this society is designed to drive robots to suicide
>>
>>27322041
Nice bullshit bait.
No therapist would green light consulting you after saying that. If anything you get what you wanted parents be damned. The lawsuit waiting if you did anything after that statement in public that lead to others harm would far out weight any opinion they held on what you said.
>>
File: 1458541007745.png (13 KB, 514x377) Image search: [Google]
1458541007745.png
13 KB, 514x377
>>27319740

Some simple stats will shut her up anon.

Also make sure to only pay half the bill, it's her duty after all the years of mental hardship you've had to endure.
>>
>>27322041
desu I really hope this story is true because it brings me joy that someone out there is that retarded,
>>
>>27322041

I completely understand not wanting a female therapist.
I would never visit one.
Why did you not just approach the situation more calmly, and say you don't want a female therapist because most of your problems are male orientated and she wouldn't understand?

Especially when alot of your problems are about girls
>>
File: 1272758237284.jpg (173 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1272758237284.jpg
173 KB, 554x439
>>27322041
>not knowing who your therapist in advance
Shit man do people even try to shitpost anymore?
>>
>>27322041
You have problems that stem from childhood abuse from attractive girls, and people irl and in 4 chan make fun of you.
Yes they want you to kill your self you had a problem you told them and they laugh.
Awesome innit
>>
>Have clinical depression which is slowly morphing into something worse (brain doesn't work fast anymore, memory troubles, extreme fits of rage from having to listen to other people in public, can't go outside of my room by myself without shaking, weird muscles spasms in my chest and getting dizzy)
>Can't go to a therapist after the last shitter I saw was so terrible at his job that it actually made me worse. He told me to write as much of an objective list of negatives/positives about myself on a piece of paper and look at it every day so I could see my failings in contrast with my successes. Instead it resulted in me just rereading a long list of everything wrong with me contrasted with "decent at solving nonograms" every morning. Got given the "Just be yourself" in response to nearly every situation I mentioned.
>Refuse to take medication because there is no way I am risking my sexual function and I don't want to risk numbing my brain and memory even more.
>Would like to go to a depression support group because I feel like sharing experiences with other people but I can't find one near me.
IF I PLAY MORE VIDEO GAMES AND DON'T LEAVE MY ROOM EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY HAHAHA.
>>
>>27322041
The next time your parents make you go show her the black pill video, then she'll understand and let you switch therapists.
>>
>>27322041
>parents worried about autist shutin son
>"okay anon, come with mommy, we're going to the talking doctor now"
>forced to abandon organizing reddit frog folder
>walk in to the therapist
>she's female
>shout the "reee" meme to demonstrate your anger
>run outside to the car and try to lock yourself in
cruel world
>>
>>27324657
Lol, are you using that sexual function for anything besides jerking off?

Stop being such a fucking complainer.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.