[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 24 years old and can't drive >literally afraid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: learning-to-drive-from-dad1[1].jpg (28 KB, 496x301) Image search: [Google]
learning-to-drive-from-dad1[1].jpg
28 KB, 496x301
>tfw 24 years old and can't drive
>literally afraid of shit even being a passenger in a car, always worried that we are too close to other cars or that that car will pull out and hit us or change lanes and hit us

Just kill me guys. I don't know how everyone makes it look so easy
>>
>>27319484
it's fucking easy

i've only practiced for 2 weeks of driving ever and passed my test.
>>
>>27319484
Yeah its nothing

I'm 18, been driving since July, and it's already the most casual shit ever. Dont over think it.
>>
>>27319512
ive failed my driver test over 4 times and im 20, i lost all my points on the test because i was easing up to stops too soon my last time or i would have had it
>>
im LOSER KILL ME
>>
>>27319587
Maybe you should read the handbook again.
Does your state even have a handbook?
>>
>>27319484
>>27319587

>be meme
>get major stressed out about driving and don't take the test until I am 19
>"HATE DMV.JPG"
>finally get forced into going by my parents
>the guy testing me is a black trans
>have an ear infection and can't hear out my right ear
>only heard mumbled voices that week on my right
>can't hear his light gay voice and just wing it
>guy just keeps adding checkmarks
>can't see cones while backing up and hit them
>takes three times to parallel park
>get worried and scratch my nose
>cut myself
>start nose bleeding everywhere
>grab more Wendy's napkins from the front.
>drive really slowly from there on
>still pass

You'll make it anon! Just b urself
>>
>>27319484
I have the fears every time I drive yet I still do it. I have a hard enough time not letting my anxiety/depression grind my life to a halt in other areas. I think it gets easier the more you drive because less will be conscious thought driven and more muscle-memory driven.
>>
i have my license. i'm still nervous, but its gotten better
- it gets easier with experience
- i look up my route before getting on the road
- i drive as safely and defensively as i can, watching the other cars and predicting moves
- i focus, breathe, and keep calm

you can do it, op
>>
A really good method of practicing is driving for five minutes to a nearby gas station (or whatever is closeby and very easy to get to) each day. Another excellent tip is always looking up the route beforehand, and using google maps or gps for the added help.
>>
>>27319484
>I don't know how everyone makes it look so easy

Lol, I fialed the practical driving exam twice and drive fairly well now. You will probably learn it just fine.

Seriously though, why did you wait that long?
>>
>>27320375
>Seriously though, why did you wait that long?

a combo of fear and not havng any reason to drive because im a shut in
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.