[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25. I've got 10,000 in savings and 10,000 in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I'm 25. I've got 10,000 in savings and 10,000 in a roth ira bank account invested for retirement. I work as a teacher and do a good job, but I am beginning to dislike it because the kids fucking stress me out, the sarcastic little douchebags.

I live with a fat, sweet girlfriend and her cat. My parents are very proud of me.

The way I see it I have two options right now. I can continue working until I retire and live the normalfag life and with continued investment and the pension I can get from teaching, live comfy and spoil grandkids (as probably a widower, I love my girlfriend but she is unhealthy as fuck and gets pissed if I try to help her stop eating chocolate)

Or I could fucking run away. I think about it every day. I don't want to work. I don't want to be tied down. I don't want responsibility. I don't want to be subject to my parents' expectations. But what else can a man fucking do? I've researched it and there seems to be no fucking escape from money and society. Please help me.
>>
As Purple Floyd said it: Welcome to the machine.
>>
>>27318304
as the Running Stones once said: you can't always get what you want
>>
You could save up some more money, buy/customize a nice van with a solar panel setup etc., and live your life traveling across the country out of your van.
>>
>>27318271
yeah drop that bitch now, just look in to other things to teach, if you have hobbies start looking into ways to teach that hobby even if it's part time, if you do it long enough and well enough you can probably teach that instead of these shitty kids and be happy without a fat slob of a leech in your life
>>
>>27318271
I don't know man, it's up to you. Most normalfags are "working towards" something, like having kids and a nice house (mortgaged). Once you have those responsibilities it's harder to escape and easier to accept your fate. You might not be happy (why do you think depression is so common in first world countries), but at least you'll have the company of all the other normals.
>>
>>27318271
>My parents are very proud of me.
For being a teacher and having a fat girlfriend?
>>
>>27318409
Why wouldn't they be? He's living a perfectly normal normie normalshit life. It doesn't get more socially acceptable than that.
>>
>>27318322
But if you try sometime,
You'll find,
You'll get ____nothing___
>>
>>27318409

Sure. I have no debt. I have a reliable income and am "making a difference in kids' lives". They probably feel like they'll get grandkids soon. What's not to like? Dad would be satisfied with anything as long as I didn't turn out gay or something.

>>27318397

I used to really enjoy creative writing and rudimentary programming (just game-maker or rpg maker or renpy shit, never got too good) but having a 8-7 job (I direct plays after school) really sucks out all your desire to pursue hobbies. Right now I'm just obsessed with Virtual Reality and have ordered a headset because I love the idea of escaping so much. Also, she's not a slob or a leech, she works, she's just kinda fat which isn't what I imagined but at least she's a good person compared to all the selfish/uncaring bitches out there. She helps me feel better when I spend time with her.

>>27318398

I feel like I'm on this precipice. It's so scary. One little step forward and it'll all be over. Marriage, or a mortgage, or a kid. It could happen right now if I let it.
>>
>>27318353

Kinda thought about this honestly. Enough to have done the math with RVs and walmart parking lots and such.

Bottom line - I'd still need a motherfucking job, and then I'd be living in a van that smelled like my damn B.O.
>>
>>27318629
Sell your nose for science. It will solve 2 problems at once.
>no more smells
>more cash
>>
>>27318572
>grandkids
This meme again? When are people going to realize that children aren't our future.
Our future is the heat death of the universe
>>
I'm not saying don't run away OP, you do sound like you're not happy.

But if you do, break up proper with the girl, don't just leave her or it will eat at both of your souls (for different reasons obviously).
You can't leave and leave any doubt in the back of your skull about people.
And if you do split, have a job lined up where ever you head to, pre-plan this shit, even if you don't tell a single person that you're doing it.
But man, you better not do this shit just because you want to break up with some one.
>>
>>27318813

Honestly, I don't want to leave the girl. I just know I couldn't drag her along if I was going off the path. What I really don't want is a fucking job. I just want to be free to pursue my interests without selling half of my life to someone.

The classic "night shift security job" might be the closest doable thing without going homeless, but honestly, being homeless and living off the system is something I've considered since high school and continue to consider to this day.

I just don't wanna fucking work. The average work week is just goddamn offensive. What hurts most is knowing I'm probably within a generation of robots being able to give us a goddamn post-scarcity economy but I'll never get to enjoy that shit.
>>
>>27318973
Sounds like you just need some time to yourself man. Not necessarily to "improve" yourself, just to be, think, and feel.
>>
Op's girlfriend isn't a land whale, she's "a little" fat which means she is 130 lbs and a size 8. It's sad that a perfectly healthy woman is considered fat and repugnant to men.
>>
Move to Alaska, try to survive, freeze to death or get eaten by a bear. 2 birds with 1 stone
>>
>>27319556
roastie detected
fuck you
>>
>>27318973
I hate this generation. We were born too late to live in a society where people never learned there was more to life than being a normie, yet born too early to live in the post-scarcity age free to pursue our dreams.
>>
File: NEET.gif (2 MB, 464x261) Image search: [Google]
NEET.gif
2 MB, 464x261
apparently you haven't dove your homework you dumb slave!
faking schizophrenia disabilitybux mate, arrggghhh!!
living the dream :D
>>
>>27318271
>I've researched it and there seems to be no fucking escape from money and society.
There's nowhere to run. And if there was, you'd just get sick of it before long. Your life is the product of the choices you've made, and clearly you've chosen poorly. Why are you a teacher if you don't like teaching? Why did you choose this path?
>>
>>27319600
Not even joking, growing up in Washington this was the run away place for a few people I knew. All came back... changed. Not in a bad way understand. They were more hardened. But also in a way they seemed like they had even less of an idea of what "home" was for them. Many places in Alaska, especially on a boat, is a hard place to be. Only thing your have is yourself often.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.