[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a teacher (upper elementary). Tell me things that I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1288546221042.jpg (68 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
1288546221042.jpg
68 KB, 400x511
I'm a teacher (upper elementary).

Tell me things that I should or shouldn't do in regards to non-normie children. What bothered you in school as a weirdo reject?
>>
>>27315797
I always liked my teachers (besides a feminist english teacher). It was mostly my peers that I didn't really like.
>>
>>27315797
Just let the robots chill out.
>>
File: 1372654326647.png (97 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
1372654326647.png
97 KB, 246x232
>Okay class find a partner!
>Oh, anon still doesn't have a partner? Can anymore make room for anon? Anyone please?
>We can't start until someone accepts anon into their group!
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
I didn't have friends and I started to notice that i was a loner in the third last year of primary school. Plus a teacher picked on me all the time for talking(even if it was the other guy) and I hated that hairy bitch. It made me feel like I was unlikeable. Plus when we were forced to play hurling the others would fire the ball at me. Those fucking things hurt.
>>
>>27315797
>Everyone get into groups of 4
>Put 3 normies and 1 robot in each of one
>Traumatize them
>>
Don't "make an example" out of them. If they're resting their head on top of a table, because they didn't get enough sleep, don't smash down on the table to wake them up.
>>
>>27315824

I anticipated that this would be the most common response. Children are cruel, especially to those who don't fit in.

>>27315842

Do you mean let them avoid tasks? I can't do that or I'm not doing my job. I don't call anyone out unless they're completely zoning out, and even then I usually do a "I need everyone's attention up here" before I go for the specifying by name.
>>
>>27315874

Yeah, I try to avoid anything where kids have to form groups.

>>27315877

I'm more apt to lose my patience with loudmouths and people who interrupt than with quiet loners.

>>27315879

Traumatize them because they can't interact with the normies?

>>27315893

I don't do anything like that, but like I said in 919 I can't just let kids check out of lessons for ethical reasons. We usually have kids stand up on the side or back of the class during the lesson if they're nodding off, not as a punishment but just to help them stay focused.
>>
don't draw attention in any way to the 'outsider' kids
>>
>>27316010
maybe I just have an annoying face. Didn't help that I was so dumb in primary school cause I didn't try. Was in the class with the kids with disabilities for english and maths and now I am studying computer science. Primary school is dumb
>>
>>27315797
If you make a group project and the robot just starts working alone don't say shut and let him be
>>
>>27315797
just kill them, put them out of their misery
>>
>>27315797
Don't do group work, if you have to, let them work on their own if they want. If a project requires groupwork absolutely, don't pair the obviously beta kids with the clear chads/stacys of the class. Pair beta with beta and chad with chad, you'll make everyone's time there easier.
>>
My teachers have always singled me out for being quiet and socially retarded.
>>
>If a guy attacks you and you hit him back or push him you are just as in the wrong as he is! In fact we're only going to punish you.

That's the big one.
>>
>>27316107
it is some of it is like all i did was play video games , at the end of high school they changed rules subjects on class. if i was in english class it would have to be in english...i wanted to do a subject on video games that dyke librarian locked all of the video websites i was going to use as links.
>>
>>27315919
It's just weird. All of the social outcasts in my class are doing really well now, and all of the normies are kinda shitty.

I'd like to know if there's a correlation between the two
>>
Do NOT EVER fucking tear someone's work up because it's not up to scratch. I had that happen several times because I'd misunderstood the question. I wish I could go back to those points in time and take a cheese-grater to the fingers of teachers who did this. I don't think I was ever so angry and humiliated as I was when the teacher tore up work I'd put hours into, and wouldn't even tell me what I'd done wrong.

Once she did it three times in a row and then gave me detention for sitting at my desk and crying like a bitch. I hope that cunt got into a freak accident with a Black & Decker!
>>
>>27316294
I once got battered around the head with a chair by another kid, and I was the one who got suspended because I threw the chair back at him when he dropped it. Apparently retaliating is bad... As opposed to being a perfectly normal emotional response to traumatic stimulus.

These days I refuse to show external emotion in public... So I guess the school system got what it wanted.
>>
>>27316692
Anon....... Too deep man, too deep
>>
>>27316645

I'd probably get fired for doing that.

I wonder how old you guys are? I'm not sure this stuff happens very often now with everyone having a cell phone and rumors about abuse spreading like wildfire via social media.
>>
>>27315797
Hey OP I could use your help. How did you get your job? What did you major in? Was it hard? I want to be a teacher too but I dont know what to do.
>>
>>27315797

let me draw
>>
>>27316010
Forming groups is fine, but don't let the kids form the groups, thats how that shit happens.

Working in groups isn't inherently bad, but have some sort of way to per-determin it, like split it in to rows, or quadrants.
>>
>>27316692
Holy shit this.
I learned to break out of my shell years later (in my 30s now) after having several experiences like that, but I have friends that to this day still are emotionally void in public because of school student/administration experiences.
>>
>>27315797
Turn all of your students into robots by assigning 1 normie to 3 robots, and after the assignment you'll have 4 robots.
Do this until your whole class is turned.
>>
It's hard to say as I wasn't really an outcast but I stayed to myself as I do not like people, just leave them alone is all I could say
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 259x194
>>27315797
If you assign an essay, dont give them a topic. Just let them write about whatever interests them. Or let their imagination flow. At that age creativity is the most important thing.
in 5th grade i had to write a 3 page essay about Louisiana. Everyone picked a state. Learned nothing, had no fun. Started hating school.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.