[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>conservafags actually believe this If you believe ANY of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: 1426377344729.jpg (123 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
1426377344729.jpg
123 KB, 600x505
>conservafags actually believe this

If you believe ANY of these, you're delusional.
>>
>>27314037
It's not 100% spot-on, but the basic premise is pretty much perfect. Why, do you not believe in working hard so you can succeed?
>>
>>27314108
the plan has always been so that future generations have to do less work and can survive more easily. our ancestors have been accomplishing this.

part of being human means we can choose. the universe doesn't make every single thing difficult. not every single thing is supposed to be difficult.
>>
>>27314108
The american dream is dead. Only the top 1% can ever hope to achieve success
>>
File: sociliast sweat pledge.png (840 KB, 912x768) Image search: [Google]
sociliast sweat pledge.png
840 KB, 912x768
huiogj
>>
>>27314037

I'm okay with Mike trying to get people to be less shitty towards blue collar workers, but this reads more like a "Please Exploit Me" pledge.
>>
>>27314178
>wages have increased over past century
>things such as air conditioning, internet, cars have made everyday things easier (though brought about their own problems)
>living standards are higher than ever before in human history
>people think working jobs that could be replaced by robots for only 40 hours a week (24% of their time alive) is "hard"

What part of this are you not understanding? Do you think they had air conditioning, 4chan and labor laws in the 19th century when people worked 12 hours a day?
>>
>>27314108
It's the "working hard part." Mike and people like mike look down on people who have office jobs because they aren't hard.
>>
>>27314244
>Mike trying to get people to be less shitty towards blue collar workers

But he's advocating exactly for that with his pledge
>>
Some of it is definitely over the top, but its core message is sound. If you want anything worthwhile, you have to work hard for it.
>>
>>27314178
In many ways our lives are certainly easier than those of previous generations. I'm sorry, but you were born too early to enjoy a sustainable life of pure ease. Maybe it'll come about in a few more generations, but this one surely isn't it. Unless you wanna be a complete hypocrite, it's time to nut up and work hard so your descendants can enjoy an easier life. I mean, that is the premise of your argument, correct?

>>27314201
That really depends on what you define success as. If your idea of success if being a multi-millionaire, then odds are you'll never get there. If your idea of success is maintaining a life of comfort and happiness, practically anyone in this country can manage it.
>>
>>27314284

He did a related TED speech about this kind of issue a few years back about how he thinks it's ridiculous the way we denigrate working in blue collar type pursuits, as a result of his time on Dirty Jobs. I was okay with that pursuit is what I mean, but this new shit that I'm seeing right now is a little suspect.
>>
>>27314279
I've never known mike to berate anyone purely because of their type of job. I've only seen him criticize people who are lazy shits not pulling their own weight.
>>
I do not personally believe it but I know what would have happened to all previous generations before me if they did not grow up and believe it.

That is why the world is going to shit, but as a spoiled immature loser with a chip on his shoulder, I quite frankly do not care. Let us go to shit. Sorry, but with great freedom comes chaos, let the chaos begin.
>>
>>27314272
you just repeated what i said but you said it in a different way.
i really hate 4chan. why am i on here.
>>
>>27314325
It is not new, if you were over 30 you wouldnt be alive if you didnt follow it.
>>
>>27314301
>it's time to nut up
i've already been doing it so i'm not afraid of hypocrisy.
besides, working for humanity's future is a team effort, it's not solo work.
>>
>>27314272

Stop living in the 20th century, too dipshit. Do you think the internet, mechanization, and globalized food makes a better standard of living possible?

Jesus christ, your own example used against you. If the 20th century is better than the 19th, then stop telling people they are retarded for wanting the 21st to be better than the 20th.

Fuck. Just kill yourself and stop holding humanity back.
>>
>>27314436
I never said it was solo work. My entire point is that it's your responsibility to pull your weight so the team effort can actually work out.
>>
>>27314461
bro who are you telling to pull their weight? you're a fucking faggot.\
if you told me to "pull my weight" in real life i would seriously consider knocking you out on the spot because that shit is disrespectful to tell someone.
you don't have the slightest idea what people go through or how hard they struggle.

i feel like you're too smug.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>27314555
Nah, our discussion is about the greater good of our species, so Imma be as blunt as I need to be. If you pick that up as being disrespectful then tough shit, real life doesn't have trigger warnings. If you're a hard-working guy then great; I honestly don't even see why we need to discuss this. If you're not, then I'll criticize you all I want.

>i would seriously consider knocking you out on the spot
lmfao internet tough guys are the best
>>
>>27314632
>talks about how people should be pulling their weight
>pretending he isn't a worthless neet
>>
>>27314665
I'm a med student, but nice try, m80!
>>
File: 1457955993679.jpg (43 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1457955993679.jpg
43 KB, 570x587
>>27314632
you are disrespectful though.
now we're postin "lol u mad" and "internette tuff guy" cliche because i reacted to your initial disrespect appropriately.

you don't know shit about me or anyone on the board, so how are you going to criticize anything???
this isn't about toughness and something tells me you don't really care about the "greater good" of the species because you're on /R9K/ instead of /INT/
>>
>>27314037
you do realize this guy is a millionaire, he must be doing something right even if you disagree with 1 or 2 things on that list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rowe
>>
>>27314679
Ahhhhhh I remember you. You came here on Saturday spewing this same "hard work gets you anywhere" bullshit. Tell me friend, how hard did you have to work to get into med school? Was it just making sure you actually did your homework? Or did you actually have to work hard?
>>
>>27314770
My guess is you spent the majority of your time in highschool and undergrad working "for fun" while your parents kept you housed and fed.
>>
>>27314037
I can agree partially with 1, 5, and 9, and i can at least understand and appreciate 2, 3, and 7 even if i disagree, but the rest is basically "shut up and give mr shekel your soul"
>>
>>27314679
>med student
Fucking LOL. You'd be doing more for society by flipping burgers you twit.
>>
>>27314727
If someone isn't working hard and yet they feel entitled to shit, they don't deserve respect.

>>27314770
I'm not that same anon, but sure, I'll bite. I worked very hard. Getting into med school is one of the most challenging things you can do academically (if you're Asian or white). It's not just a matter of getting your homework done. You need to volunteer hundreds of hours of your life, shadow doctors, network, get involved in research, and then top it off by studying your ass off for months for a beastly standardized test. I wasn't earning a living at that point, you're right, but my parents understand that the investment into me that they made will be good for my entire family and their future grandkids later on, as it will allow for me to be a superb breadwinner. (i.e. Working hard while not making a living right now so that I can work hard and make a better-than-expected living later on.)
>>
>>27314922
I was not aware that the average /r9k/ poster was so unaware of long-term planning. In another few years I'll be demonstrably and indisputably more valuable than any burger flipper.
>>
>>27314037
Kike Rowenstein
>>
>>27314925
>acting like you did anything when it's your parents who pushed you into that field

you are fronting so hard and trying so hard to seem important.
i get it, man, you slaved away in med school, now you need to show us cretins how "hard" you worked.
well good for you, man, here's a pat on the back, did mom not give you enough back pats?

thanks for reinforcing my theory that successful people's main drive to succeed is to feel superior over people.
>>
mike rowe is such a sniveling little shit though. No amount of hard work will fix that.
>>
File: large.png (128 KB, 468x271) Image search: [Google]
large.png
128 KB, 468x271
>>27314979
>implying my parents pushed me into anything
Nigga for a while I was considering going into graphic design and my parents were completely supportive. I changed my mind and their support remained unwavering.

>i get it, man, you slaved away in med school, now you need to show us cretins how "hard" you worked.
No, I only even brought it up because someone said I was a NEET. I was just putting that argument to bed.

>well good for you, man, here's a pat on the back, did mom not give you enough back pats?
Nah, like I said, my parents have always been very supportive and have always told me they were proud of me.

>thanks for reinforcing my theory that successful people's main drive to succeed is to feel superior over people.
Neither you nor I made any points that support this, but okay! Man, /r9k/ logic is fascinating.
>>
>>27314944
Did I say otherwise you fucking retard?

>calling me /r9k/
You must return to Reddit.
>>
File: 1400913805969.jpg (56 KB, 331x402) Image search: [Google]
1400913805969.jpg
56 KB, 331x402
>>27315080
>Man, /r9k/ logic is fascinating.
How to spot a redditor.
>>
>>27315081
Your reaction very much implied that. You seem to believe that being a med student is useless when in fact it's the only way to become a physician. Please clarify what you meant. I'm all ears. I understand that you're mad, but it'll be okay, my child. If you need to take a few minutes to cry it out before we keep talking then that's okay too!
>>
>>27315108
Yo, excellent refutation of my points! Ad hom requires a sharp intellect.
>>
>>27315080
were is proofs? you no have proofs. post indisputable proofs or an hero.
>>
>>27315138
>insults = ad hominem
i'm tired of this meme
>>
>>27314037

10er bets it was written by a established business man.
>>
>>27315138
Proofs of my parents being supportive? Yeah, okay, lemme just post a bunch of identifying information on 4chan in a thread where a bunch of manchildren are buttmad at me. Great idea. I'd rather settle for a stalemate on that point than do something like that.

>>27315157
You attacked my character (Redditor status) instead of my points. Ad hom.
>>
>>27315109
>the med student is an autist who gets butthurt easily.
I'm not surprised.
>>
>>27314555
You sound like such a dumb pleb.
>>
>>27315196
And another dead-end. Thanks for playing!
>>
>>27315194
You have multiple people replying to you dumbass. But you're a fucking med student lol. I don't expect you to be too bright.
>>
>>27315194
attacks on character are insults
attacks on character in order to support a point are ad hominem

examples:
>you're an idiot (insult)
>you're an idiot, and therefore we can't trust your reasoning, which invalidates your argument (ad hom)
>you're a redditor (insult)
>you're a redditor, which means you don't know what you're talking about, invalidating your argument (ad hom)
>>
File: 1450464073815.jpg (144 KB, 688x750) Image search: [Google]
1450464073815.jpg
144 KB, 688x750
>>27314272
>mfw people worked 3 hours a day in the stone age
>>
>>27315219
>Thanks for playing!
>This mad
Redditor spotted.
>>
>>27315226
>Being a med student implies that I'm not intelligent
Do you even think about what you type before you post it?

>>27315239
Yeah, exactly. That's precisely what was being done. They were saying that because they suspect I use Reddit, the points I'm making are less valid.
>>
How would you improve the list?

Let's make a new correct version
>>
File: mike_rowe17.jpg (55 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
mike_rowe17.jpg
55 KB, 450x337
>tfw no mike rowe dadbod

why live
>>
>>27315298
>med student telling me to think
Haha. Butthurt.
>>
>>27314037
at a certain point you have to divorce ideological principles from logic. sure you could logically argue with any of those points, but the person presenting them to you doesn't care.
>>
It's true but it's hard as hell to give your all when your basic needs aren't met.
>>
>>27315298
>medfag
>intelligent

Engineer here, I'll just be looking down at you from my UNBELIEVABLE Tier major
>>
>>27315080
Jesus fucking Christ. I know you aren't going to see this but you basically reinforced how easy you had it. Do you really think you could have reached this point without your parents help? Hard work for you to where you are but not exclusively. I don't want to invalidate the work you did do but I think if you are going to push the "hard work" meme you need to recognize how much more difficult it would have been to reach the point you are in without having help from your parents and your position.

You deserve to be where you are but don't act like hard work ALONE could get you to where you are.
>>
It's funny how the people spouting hard work in this thread still post on /r9k/ meaning they have some form of depression.
>>
>conservative-fags so dumb they dont know the difference between sweat and swet.
>>
>>27314037
Only one of those I even relatively believe in is not borrowing money/accepting favors/getting help. I'll make or fuck my life on my own, thanks. I don't need to disappoint anyone on my evermore-downwards-spiraling life. The gods know I disappoint myself on the regs anyway.
>>
>>27314301
>If your idea of success is maintaining a life of comfort and happiness, practically anyone in this country can manage it.

Thanks for the update, boomer.
>>
>>27314207
kek'd and muted
>>
>>27315258
>muh cycles of nature
Fuck that hippy crap. Humans are a product of nature. Therefore civilization is also a product of nature. We aren't even the only animals to shape our own habitats, ants and beavers do that shit too, we just do it better.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.