[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here hopeless? Even the worst of the posters here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Win3x_Black_Screen_of_Death.gif (878 B, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Win3x_Black_Screen_of_Death.gif
878 B, 640x400
Anyone else here hopeless? Even the worst of the posters here seem to at least have a couple friends. Go out every now and then.

I'm completely alone and with the anxiety issues there's no chance that'll ever change.

How do you cope? Can you imagine living to much longer?

>pic related
>best possible future
>>
The only few friends i have in real life is because i met them in school and through other contacts.

Follow my suggestion, play games with other people online, do not expect to talk about stuff right after you're added as a friend. Keep playing and after a few days you'll find yourselves talking about stuff unrelated to games. It worked for me even though i'm boring and uninteresting.
>>
>>27309930
Thanks anon, I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>27310090
No problem. Just don't stick to only one thing. That's how i mostly made friends but it doesn't mean that there are no other ways. By the way, how do your anxiety issues manifest? Can you describe how this problem hinders your ability to make friends? I'm kinda curious.
>>
>>27310191
My voice breaks and I occasionally twitch when it gets bad. I'm always anxious to some degree, even alone. It pathetic and makes going out embarrassing. It's sometimes controllable.
>>
>>27310286
Does this anxiety come from somewhere? Is it low self-esteem or any other problem? What makes you so anxious?
>>
>>27310348
No idea. I do get anxious about having to go into situations I've felt anxious in before, the rest seems situational and random.
>>
>>27310389
You might not like it but i think it's important to find out the reason of your anxiety issues. My sister has the problem problem but she got slightly better after going to the psychologist. If you don't like the idea of going alone then try asking your parents. Do it if you want to help yourself.
>>
>>27309834
Do you have any physical health problems avtively killing you? If not, you're not hopeless.
>>
>>27309834
Hi all I have a nice day ahead and
>>
>>27310466
I'm 21 and in the military so my options there are limited unless I really wanna screw myself.

The plan at this point is hang in for the rest of my contract, get out with a degree, then get a decent job. In the meanwhile I'm just trying to find a way to make it bearable.

>>27310599
Its been this way for 5 years. Improvement might be possible but I'm really just fucked.
>>
File: aZ9MHHV.jpg (615 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
aZ9MHHV.jpg
615 KB, 2560x1920
Same here, my man. Zero friends, both in real life and online. Terrible social anxiety, I can barely go outside, can't make phone calls or write emails, and even feel nervous when talking to people in my dreams. I dropped out of college due to this and now spend my days sleeping, abusing prescription drugs, and playing video games to take my mind off my shitty life and mentally-ill brain. I also create elaborate fantasies in my head to get away from my life; the newest one concerns the adventures and exploits of the squad I'm playing as in XCOM 2 (please don't laugh). My only real wish from life at this point is to be able to walk down the street and feel calm instead of panicking, worrying about what everyone's thinking about me, and being acutely self-aware to the point where I have to walk manually everywhere I go, like I do now.

The thing that makes me feel the worst of all is that I'm surrounded by people who are able to do just that--they are not paralyzingly self-aware, they don't feel nervous all the time, and they can talk to people. They take this for granted. They did absolutely nothing to earn it. They can go to the store for a quart of milk and not think twice about it. For me that's a fucking ordeal. They can write an email in two minutes with no trouble. For me it's a week-long traumatizing experience that I lose sleep over.

I've been to lots of different types of therapy, tried lots of different medications, tried lifting, tried "just beeing" myself, tried going to college, and each time I've only wound up in a position more fucked than before I started. I am tired of trying. I am tired of failing. And I am tired of not being able to be a normal, functioning person. I give up, boys.
>>
>>27310466
>women
>having anxiety
Pick one. Yeah, I bet it was so hard for your sister to deal with her low self-esteem while she had three beta orbiters at any time validating her existence and random men giving her compliments and calling her beautiful every day. Gee, that must have been tough.
>>
>>27310825
>My only real wish from life at this point is to be able to walk down the street and feel calm instead of panicking

Good God this hits close to home. Its not much. Even if the actual talking part still made it flare up it'd be a huge improvement.

XCOM thing sounds good. Everyone has to have some outlet.
>>
>>27310883
She never had any orbiters nor did she have any male friends ever. The only one she got is me and the only friend she ever had was an obese girl.
>>
>>27310931
I want to believe there are girls like her out there, anon, but I just can't.
>>
I were "hopeless" about 3 years ago

An old friend decided to show up and hang out with me every weekend. He only did so because he got cheated on a dumped

Before this i didn't have a need to cope I fucking hate hanging out and socializing. Most people aren't nice and everyone loses their shit if and when they discover I'm a virgin

Before this I played video games watched anime and improved my hobby.
>>
>>27312206
It's not like i would let someone like you near her anyway. I know the majority of women are whores but that's based on how they grew up, the people around them and the fact that they're spoiled cunts with no empathy. The US produces this kind of woman a lot, i assume you live there.

I found a really nice girl some years ago and she also told me she felt something for me, but the problem was that she already had a boyfriend, so we had to cut our relationship because i didn't want to stay as her friend anymore even though i knew she had one and she felt bad for falling in love with me even though she already had his boyfriend.

Pay more attention to the girls around you instead of already making judgement before you know them, you might find a hidden gem.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.