[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> get near to the end of a video game > stop playing >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1445957104128.png (504 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1445957104128.png
504 KB, 900x900
> get near to the end of a video game
> stop playing
> get to the last few episodes of a tv series
> stop watching

I don't always do it, but I do it more often then not
>>
>>27305917
I have this problem too. i can't bring myself to see things through to the end. I wonder why that is.
>>
>>27305917
>tfw I've been on the final part of a game for 13 months now
>>
Me too.

Guess it's hard to let go when you finally find something that gives you a little bit of enjoyment.
>>
Me too but it's usually because the ends of most games I play are pretty hard.

I was stuck near the end of Etrian Odyssey III for like 4 months.
>>
>>27305917
>get near the end of a video game
>absurd, unexpected difficulty spike

I even did all the sidequests I could find, but still get BTFO by the final boss in like a minute. Why just add a fuckton of grinding into the end of a game; it doesn't make me feel like I've accomplished anything, just that I wasted my time pressing A.
>>
This is the best thing to do, though. Then the adventure goes on forever in your imagination :D
>>
>>27306022
This happened to me in Dead Space 3. I was playing on hardest difficulty and the game was meant to be co-op so it was double the normal amount of enemies. I get through the game fine until the final sequence. Have no ammo, so many enemies. I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It's been over 3 years and I can't bring myself to beat it.
>>
First time im doing this with the megaman x series. I mean I just play them to fight the cool first 8 bosses and get the rematches but then I dont finish cuz the final boss is always that fucking sigma. Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>27306105
At least when you get stuck in a shooting game, gitting gud will allow you to move on. I'm playing a JRPG; there's no way to move on when the boss can kill your entire party with two consecutive attacks
>>
just be honest to yourself you already know the end of the game by spoilering yourself somehow and you lost interest already after 50-60% of it and you just played cause you didn't have any other activity/game at the moment. it's not some kind of depression or anything. it was just lack of interest. nothing to worry about.
>>
>>27306251
>JRPG
>doesn't take skill
You aren't leveling up the right characters or leveling up the right traits.
>inb4 rng
rng shouldn't matter if you level up properly or use the right items. You should learn the basics of RPGs.
>>
>>27306780
rng?
>>
>>27306251
Beating RPGs is like 90% preparation, 10% luck. If you're getting blown the fuck out that hard repeatedly it's because you're unprepared (underleveled, don't have the right items, party makeup, moves, tactics)
>>
>>27306881
milligram
>>
>>27306881
>>27307067
Random number generator as in the amount of damage your/enemy attack does
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.