[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /r9k/. What do you do when you're depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12
Hi, /r9k/.

What do you do when you're depressed?
>>
post on robot9001
>>
Distract myself

There's a reason my house is stupidly clean
>>
>>27305091
Nothing

When I'm really depressed I cant even get up
>>
>>27305109
Wish I was like you

Haven't even been able to shower in over a week
>>
>>27305091
Drink a lot eat a lot masturbate a lot and lie around in my own filth.
>>
>>27305150
I used to be like that when I was a teenager. I'm not even sure what changed, maybe it was just because I lost interest in my hobbies
>>
File: 1453943527360.png (190 KB, 478x347) Image search: [Google]
1453943527360.png
190 KB, 478x347
After being depressed for so many years I've grown used to it. My personality was shaped by my mental agony, it's always there and I wouldn't want it to go away since I'm afraid I'll disappear if it did.
>>
ask me what i do when im not depressed. hint: i dont remember that far back
>>
>>27305091
get drunk anon
>>
well i was bored and a little depressed so i just went and hunted out some pain pills in my mom's room. i was about to give up and decided to reach in a random pair of shoes and what do you know? i found the stash. i am kind of scared that i won't be able to control myself and i will eat them all within a month or so if even that. just knowing they are there. fuck i will probably get kicked the fucked out if i do. i'm too weak.
>>
>>27305091
When I don't earn a bonus and my booty call doesn't answer, I go to /r9k/ and read about real depressed losers :^)
>>
When I'm depressed I force myself to go to the gym and lift something. Even if I feel like utter shit I just give myself no option. Once I've lifted something heavy I feel much better, depression averted.

Admittedly sometimes even lifting can't get rid of the depression. So I lock myself in my room and avoid any contact with anyone in case I say something/ am violent (that's what I'm like when I'm depressed).

I usually just lie in bed with the covers over my head and cry, punch my face for hours, bang my head on the wall and curse at God for doing this to me.

Happens more often than I like to admit. What a fucking shit existance right?
>>
>>27305288
Thanks for making me smile, Anonymous.
>>
>>27305244
put them back
don't you have alcohol access?
if not, i'd advise finding something that genuinely cheers you up to use as a distraction
the pain should subside after awhile
rinse and repeat once your chosen distraction ends or you become desensitised to its effects
comedy bang bang the podcast is genuinely pretty fucking funny, usually manages to cheer me up
>>
>>27305303
>When I'm depressed I force myself to go to the gym and lift something. Even if I feel like utter shit I just give myself no option. Once I've lifted something heavy I feel much better, depression averted.
dont know how

>read the sticky
can't get good form from a video personally (if it even links one)
>>
>>27305363
Exercising =/= starting strength.
Do calisthenics if you're a faggot.

Yoga is actually exhausting if you're DoYouEvenLift mode.
>>
>>27305091
>kick that bastard as hard as you rightcan in the teeth
What does that mean, though? What does that really mean?

Do what exactly?
>>
>>27305363

In which case a punchbag and some gloves are your best friends.

Literally anything that will tire you out and release the endorphins.
>>
>>27305190
damn that's harsh

original comment
>>
>>27305341
too late i already took one and and a half. i only grabbed 3. doubt she will notice, but i just can't allow myself to take anymore. thanks for the concern and suggestions though. i can only get booze once in a blue moon when i transfer paypal money into my moms account and she dispenses it to me. usually for gas or food. i just need to fucking have some self control but i know when shit gets bad and i know that bliss is only a walk away i'll sneak in the and grab a few. and then i will again. and again. until it's obvious. i can't let that happen this time.
>>
I've noticed that when I am depressed I play Runescape, lots of it.
>>
>>27305091
sIeep
>>
File: Really.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>when you're depressed

because depressed = bummed out
>>
File: Deadpepe.jpg (7 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Deadpepe.jpg
7 KB, 150x150
The ice cream truck didn't stop. I'm depressed now :(
>>
File: Deadpepe2.jpg (8 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
Deadpepe2.jpg
8 KB, 234x215
>mfw My mommy didn't get tendies
>>
File: Pepesuicide.jpg (32 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Pepesuicide.jpg
32 KB, 320x320
I stump my toe, my life is horrible!
>>
File: 7629531.jpg (19 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
7629531.jpg
19 KB, 600x630
My dog died, i guess that makes me depressed now lol xD
>>
>>27305578
>>27305572
>>27305564
>>27305556

reddits first r9k post
>>
File: photo.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
87 KB, 285x285
LIfe is so horrible. Let me write a facebook post
>>
>>27305614
But this >>27305556 is a valid point. All the others are taking the piss out of guys that use this illness like a meme can't you tell from the way he posts???
>>
File: Pepesuicide2.jpg (22 KB, 594x463) Image search: [Google]
Pepesuicide2.jpg
22 KB, 594x463
Who here depressed day today? I'm sure tomorrow will be better :(
>>
>>27305190
I know that feel, anon. I have absorbed my depression. I merged with it and became something both more and less than I was before.
>>
>>27305091
smoke weed

I feel a lot better during/after the high
>>
>>27305439
Aggressively fight the feeling of fear -- throw yourself into the situations that causes your anxiety and do your best to concentrate on getting through it quickly and forcefully

Next scene is Hank nervewracked in the DEA office elevator, Marie squeezing his arm -- then the doors open and he's in full on "fake confidence" mode, walking in loud, charismatic, badass, hitting it off with everyone in the office as they welcome him home

But I mean it's a familiar situation, he just needed someone to believe in him to regain his self-belief

IRL I think gradual densensitisation is less risky than throwing yourself straight into the deep end, the panic zone
Though if you can stay there long enough the anxiety will eventually fade
>>
>>27305458
unless they're PRN (take as needed) she'll notice when they run out early
>>
http://psychology.tools/depression.html
>>
>>27305091
yo mom
lol
>>
>>27305875
It'd be hard to tell who was fucking down
>>
File: 1453751715766.jpg (27 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
1453751715766.jpg
27 KB, 402x402
>I am I am I am not myself, I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
I listen to music to lighten the mood
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.