[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what were the "big" memes from when you first started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6
File: dead meme.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dead meme.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
what were the "big" memes from when you first started browsing 4chan?

i started browsing in 2009, and these little macros with different characters, like courage wolf and foul bachelor frog, were everywhere at that time. at the time they were funny, in hindsight theyre kind of cringy. i guess times change
>>
File: coolface.jpg (53 KB, 469x428) Image search: [Google]
coolface.jpg
53 KB, 469x428
I remember that coolface and rage comics were a pretty big thing. There was a lot of those "Man, /v/ hates everything, PS3 no games!!!!!" shit on /v/.

Picture related.
>>
>>27304918
Courage dog was the most funny because you could learn from it.
>>
I started in 2011 and to be honest I don't even remember that far back
>>
File: jhvjbl.png (47 KB, 1032x739) Image search: [Google]
jhvjbl.png
47 KB, 1032x739
>>27304955

yeah that was before the comics became a reddit thing. once reddit started posting the ironic comics, 4chan started using faces and comics that satirized the originals when ironic shitposting first became a thing. now we're in the days of meta ironicshitposing. how far we've come
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 540x540
I just found 4chan a few months ago. This is the only meme I've saved because it made me lol. I feel like most of the laughs I get are from a disbelief that people really get such a pleasure from trolling each other. Reminds me of being in the military or jail where you almost never have intelligent adult conversation because people only know how to talk shit.
>>
File: asdfasdfasd.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasd.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>27304972

i think 2011 was around the time when everyone started posting i seriously hope you guys dont do this, which became ishygddt, which became shiggy diggy do and other variations.

also, fedora posting
>>
File: 1443301300681.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1443301300681.gif
481 KB, 499x315
>>27304990

you adapt to the shitposting. my lurked for a really long time before posting, and when i did start posting i would try to participate in regular discussion, but on certain boards it's really futile. eventually i just started calling everyone autistic and retarded and stopped putting effort into maintaining quality in my posts
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.