[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did people meet others and get dates pre-internet? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: IRA-mural.jpg (79 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
IRA-mural.jpg
79 KB, 500x358
How did people meet others and get dates pre-internet? I don't like this shit. Trying to look like a male model and make up some elaborate and embellished sales pitch just so I can go and spend money to try to impress some degenerate, fun-loving, braindead roastie.

Do people just ask out acquaintances and people they don't know? That doesn't seem right to me, but I don't meet a bunch of people so I have no way of ending up in relationships in the first place.

And I've always been under the impression, and I think so have normalfags, that love happens naturally and you can crush on anybody you spend enough time around. But people also say things in the same breath like "what do YOU have to offer anyway?" which makes it obvious that it's not about personality or being nice or interesting or anything like that, and women are just after your money and the bragging rights for dating somebody popular.

How the fuck do you meet people? What's the natural way to end up in a relationship? People say "get out more, work, do things and it happens naturally" but people who don't state that they're actively looking to date like online dating roasties usually have big vivid lives and are too preoccupied with that. LITERALLY every woman I meet IRL in college or at work already has a serious bf.

H E L P
>>
the world used to be a lot more oriented for this kind of thing.

The internet didn't just change the game for guys like us it changed the nature of the game for everyone. People used to have "places" they would go to hangout. The mall, the movies, the bar, the arcade, wherever.

Nowadays people don't have hangouts, they get together with a group and go accomplish a specific goal. The only way in is to make it in through the planning stages. You have to know someone who knows someone to get invited to the function.

I don't know if you've noticed but the hangouts are dying and have been for some time now. Arcades were the first to go. Then roller rinks. Then malls. Now bars/clubs. Cafes are struggling.

Nothing can support itself anymore. The local draw is not enough to run a business from the ground up. Corporate chains are taking over everything. They provide the same good or service at a fraction of the cost.

The recession, stagnant wages, the female selection market, and the internet have all created this unsocial culture. We're not actively avoiding each other, it's just that our ability to instantly communicate and do or get exactly what we want when we want has strained an already strained market.
>>
>>27302737
Do you think the growing exclusivity of socializing is going to destroy hangouts?

I've never even gone to one because I don't have people to go with, so I can imagine that if I went I would just be sitting around spending an insane price on beers by myself and going home feeling more lonely and humiliated.
>>
>>27302737

Cafes aren't struggling though I go to uni in the city and cafes and bars are literally always packed with normies
>>
>>27302633
>How the fuck do you meet people?
School, work, mutual acquaintances.

One thing you have to realize is that before the Internet, women didn't have such an easy time picking out the best men. Of course they still went for the chads and studs - the pareto principle still applied (80/20 rule) but it was more difficult back in, say, the 1950s when females were more limited to who they could spend the rest of their life with and also the culture matched up with this.
>>
>>27302819
These days you would. If you ever have the opportunity go to a rural bar. They are really something else. People talk to each other, they play pool, darts, etc. They shoot the shit. It's really something. But anywhere else it's just a place for groups of friends to go and talk to each other.

I absolutely think these hangout locations are on their way out. Amazon is killing the brick and mortar stores.
Clubs don't sell out anymore just by being clubs. They advertise DJs, bands, or events to get people to show. Used to be you went to the club to go to the club, but now you have to find the "best" club to go to that night and it's made competition insane. I see clubs going out of business every 6 months. The only places that stay open are the places that can afford to bring in pretty big name DJs.
Bars are getting undercut by chains like buffalo wild wings.

And the people who do go for the "hangout" vibe end up realizing they could have had the same experience at home for half the cost. So next week they have a little house party with the same people who went to the bar.

So these days it's not about where you go or what you do it's about who you know. You have to have an "in" with the group or you just aren't welcome.

And as for things like tinder... well we already know how that works.
>>
>>27302931
>And as for things like tinder... well we already know how that works.

I think it's conspicuous proof that women all think with their vaginas.
>>
>>27303020
and men think with their dicks. Were the powers reversed I would do the same damn thing. But until then I'll keep deleting and reinstalling tinder every 6 months to reroll my swipe chances with a different photo.
>>
>>27302633
Go to college/university and join study groups, attend student parties
if that doesn't work, then get a job in a field that isn't 90% men.

>HOW DO I GET A DATE
Basically, be a normie.
>>
>>27303044
I made an OKCupid and wrote out my whole situation and used my best photos. I haven't received a single message. Not even from an ugly girl. And I would be flattered for that at least and I would respond and make friendly conversation even if I don't want to date her.

I don't know what's going on for them that it's like that. I want to think that if I were a woman I would feel the same way I do as a man. I don't want to fuck hot bitches, I want a great gf I can go out and spend every day with. And come home to, and share my thoughts and aspirations and she'd do the same. But you can't get a single step toward that when everybody is so horny and they only want sex with 9/10s.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.