[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do all normies clame to have anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: panic.jpg (18 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
18 KB, 660x440
why do all normies clame to have anxiety?
>>
Everyone experiences anxiety at different points in their lives, it is a type of emotion.

Most people, however, are not diagnosed with any form of clinical anxiety.

When most people say, "I have anxiety" they mean, "I feel worried and upset" not "I have been diagnosed with clinical anxiety."
>>
Perhaps they do experience anxiety. They just drown it out with sex and alcohol and status-games.
>>
>>27298667
>they just drown it out with sex and alcohol and status-games
So the things that people with anxiety have the most difficulty achieving (except alcohol, I suppose)?

Really though, if it were that easy to cope with anxiety no one would give a single shit about it.
>>
>>27298773
Not everyone is anxious about the same things. I'm diagnosed with panic disorder and get lots of extremely bad panic attacks that can leave me puking. But sex and socializing aren't things that give me anxiety.
>>
>>27298818
What does cause you anxiety? I was diagnosed with panic disorder, but it used to be so bad I couldn't leave the house for any reason. Dates, driving, walking through the grocery store... basically being seen caused me horrible anxiety that kept me shut in the house.

I understand that sometimes people aren't lying when they claim to experience it but sometimes it seems like they're talking about a different feeling altogether. Because people make it sound like it's just uncomfortable, and not actually physically painful like it is for me.
>>
>>27298959
Mainly school work. For a few months when it started I was housebound and had to make ER trips because I couldn't eat, but I took time off school and saw a therapist diligently and worked really hard at getting better. I took a lot of baby steps to get back to taking full time coursework and even now it still fucks me up sometimes.

I've also had pointless panic attacks about leaves seeming like they were the wrong color, or panicking about how I hadn't cleaned the toilet that week. Pointless little things. But people don't bother me.

For most people, anxiety isn't physically painful. It's just uncomfortable and it sticks with them. Most people don't experience panic attacks. But their feelings of worry about things are still a kind of anxiety, so they aren't lying about that. We'll never know unless we can get inside someone else's brain exactly what their emotions are like so trying to compare your feelings to someone else's really doesn't do any good.
>>
GOD I FUCKING HATE NORMIES REEEEE
>>
>>27298338
Anxiety is a broad term that unfortunately can mean anything from slight social hesitation to people fainting when trying to leave the house.

/thread
>>
People suffering from special snowflake syndrom get very upset when other people around them claim to have the same disorder as them.

For many people, their mental illness is an identity, and feel threatened when something happens that suggests they are not unique.

You see it on social media all the time. Someone says, "i dunno, I think I might have anxiety", and then, out of nowhere, some rightous defender jumps in and say "UM EXCUSE ME. BY SAYING YOU ARE ANXIOUS WITHOUT A DIAGNOSES, YOU ARE TRIVIALISING A SERIOUS DISORDER AND YOU SHOULD REALLY SHREK YOUR PRIVILAGE"

They don't really care about the trivialisation of mental illness. They just want to make a scene for attention
>>
Op are u from nz
>>
>>27298338
I think they confuse the term with being nervous or worried about something. Everyone gets nervous or worried at some point. I think they mainly use the term as a cop out or an excuse.

Anxiety in the clinical sense is an overwhelming and constant worried feeling that causes severe distress. Manifests in many forms from just being worried all the time to having multiple, unprovoked panic attacks with accompanying worry about when the next panic attack will happen (panic disorder, one of the more severe forms of "actual" anxiety which can lead to severe agoraphobia).

I myself have been diagnosed with panic disorder, but I don't take any offense when people say they're anxious or have anxiety. However, I do take offense when people say they have anxiety to make themselves feel special whether that's through an outpouring of support or bragging or whatever they hope to get by saying they have anxiety.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.