[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People on the autism spectrum live an average of 18 fewer years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: rika_3820750.jpg (15 KB, 334x390) Image search: [Google]
rika_3820750.jpg
15 KB, 334x390
>Researchers looking into mortality trends and autism have made a troubling discovery: People on the autism spectrum are dying young -- some 12 to 30 years earlier than might otherwise be expected.

>The analysis, conducted by Sweden's Karolinska Institute and published in the British Journal of Psychiatry, found that the leading cause of premature death in autistic adults isn't due to diseases, such as heart ailments or cancer, that are the main killers in the general population. It's suicide.

>Individuals considered to be on the "high-functioning" end of the spectrum with strong language skills -- those who might have been diagnosed with Asperger's before the diagnostic criteria changed -- still had double the risk of dying young as those without the condition.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/03/18/people-on-the-autism-spectrum-live-an-average-of-18-years-less-than-everyone-else-study-finds/
>>
>>27298204
doesn't surprise me. Also, I would imagine accidental death due to things like being hit my a car would also be higher than the NT population.
>>
im diagnosed aspie and very suicidal so I'd say the meme is true.
>>
File: 1456411491878.png (183 KB, 386x406) Image search: [Google]
1456411491878.png
183 KB, 386x406
I'm actually okay with this, I don't want to live until I'm old.
>>
Maybe because we kill ourselves so often.
>>
thank you jesus, it can't end soon enough
>>
File: street.jpg (26 KB, 466x319) Image search: [Google]
street.jpg
26 KB, 466x319
>>27298204
Do they get cancer from microwaving used dumpster diapers?
>>
>>27298204
Thank you science, now I got statistics to back me up. If anyone asks me why I'm doing it, I'll just tell them to look at the numbers, it was bound to happen. It's a good day
>>
>>27299400
>>27299419
>the leading cause of premature death in autistic adults isn't due to diseases
>It's suicide.
Also that diaper shit is so retarded.
>>
I find it funny that this country has huge campaigns and movements for LGBT adults and LGBT youth telling them that it gets better and not to kill themselves, but they don't give a fuck about us Aspies who have a much higher rate of suicide.
>>
>>27299419
>>27299485
Don't comare all of us who like diapers to pamperchu.

The vast majority of us are just as disgusted by his action as non DLs are.
>>
>>27299534
Even if they cared, normalfags would only promote something like that so they can brag to their friends about how cool and awesome they are. Chad would do it, brag to Stacy about how he was a suicidal nerd, and Stacy will say some stupid shit like "I love nerdy guys" and then they fuck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.