[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I not procrastinate? I'm literally the least functional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1280x960
How do I not procrastinate? I'm literally the least functional han being in the world and I hate it and I hate myself make it stop
>>
Make a list of everything you need to do
>>
Eventually you'll get to the point where you hate yourself for doing nothing more than you want to be lazy, so you don't really have a choice but to do something. Or you won't and you'll die with nothing to your name. Either one really.
>>
>>27294463

>How do I not procrastinate.

All you need is a little fear. Fear = best motivator.
>>
Do things that don't bore the shit out of you
Then you won't procrastinate at all
Seems like you're trying to force yourself to do things you don't want to do...
>>
File: 1430877165304.jpg (7 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
1430877165304.jpg
7 KB, 213x200
>>27294463
you need passion which comes from beliefs or conviction in something. you cant force or fake it..

most robots don't have that, we have nothing, so we do nothing and we are nothing. we may as well be invisible to others
>>
>>27294463
Change your brain chemistry/activity patterns. Good luck with that.
>>
File: 1444459865222.jpg (198 KB, 750x630) Image search: [Google]
1444459865222.jpg
198 KB, 750x630
I've been procrastinating since I was 12 years old, self discipline isn't a solution no matter how much you try. I tried everything these past 10 years, lists, punishments, even wacky shit like rituals. There's only one thing in my life that ever helped me beat it.

The guaranteed solution is involving other people in your plans. I don't mean like TELLING them you're going to do something, I mean like having another person BE PART of the thing you need to complete.

So for example for schoolwork I'd pretend to be smart and tell people I'd love to study with them. The day before I met with them I'd at least skim the book or attempt the worksheet because I didn't want to look like a fool. I'd also pretend to be REALLY ahead on things when I wasn't. I'd be like "we're discussing chapter 2 tomorrow, I've already read it but I want you to be prepared." Then I'd know I'd have to at least know ROUGHLY what the chapter is about and it made me read ahead more often. As for other hobbies such as improving my guitar playing, I promised a girl I'd write a song for her and that she'd LOVE it, now I gotta practice and read up chord progressions to get this shit done.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.