[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you suddenly become aware of your own mortality and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14
File: 1396716984703.png (37 KB, 838x592) Image search: [Google]
1396716984703.png
37 KB, 838x592
>tfw you suddenly become aware of your own mortality and the mortality of everyone around you
>>
File: 1418271753395.png (424 KB, 497x645) Image search: [Google]
1418271753395.png
424 KB, 497x645
>>27293137
My nigh is ruined anon, thanksdsdfa
>>
File: 1395790731535.png (359 KB, 437x485) Image search: [Google]
1395790731535.png
359 KB, 437x485
>>27293153
if you were to create a timeline depicting the date of birth and death of all human beings and pan out to accommodate the beginning and end of the universe, our births and death would be so close they would appear to overlap
>>
>tfw during the brief moments that depression's chains seem to lift from your body, you're panicked about oblivion and non-existence for yourself and your loved ones
>tfw go between yearning for death and being absolutely terrified that you can't do anything about it
>tfw you, quite literally, won't be at peace until you do die
>>
File: 98346.jpg (35 KB, 370x428) Image search: [Google]
98346.jpg
35 KB, 370x428
>>27293254
>tfw you see somebody die on television or news or a gore video
>tfw you realize that for that person this was the culmination of their entire life
>everything that preceded that moment is suddenly irrelevant from their point of view
>every possibility that could have been is brought to its unchangeable conclusion in that second
>>
>>27293370
>tfw you realize that for that person this was the culmination of their entire life

oh god yeah, that one's bad. it's like sonder, but more depressing than astounding
>>
it's a babbys first existential crisis thread
>>
>>27293549
>look ma, I posted it again!
Why do you people always act like you're so fucking hardcore, I gaurentee that you've sat and thought about death before, everyone has.
And we all come to the same conclusion, there's nothing past death, just black nothingness, and hey, some of us don't like thinking about that possibility.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 480x1042) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 480x1042
>>27293370
>whatever they didn't share with another human is lost forever
>yfw that will be you and your loved ones in a few years
>yfw realizing human life is as fragile and easily extinguished as a match in a hurricane
>>
File: 1451537420664.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
1451537420664.png
93 KB, 467x496
>>27293137
>tfw you realize all girls have vaginas
>>
File: awf444.jpg (7 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
awf444.jpg
7 KB, 250x222
>everybody who is alive now will be dead 100 years from now
>a bunch of replacements will be slowly made and nobody will notice
>>
>>27293244
>tfw you will never witness the end of the universe
>>
>>27293640
This
There's nothing past death and that makes living so scary. I mean think about it, we could die at any moment and there's nothing waiting for us part that, it's just all over
>>
>>27293137
>tfw death is all you think about
I'm not aware of that feel OP
>>
>you are just a sack of meat
>you can be chopped up like a cow and served as a burger
>>
>>27293744
>we're all just clones of each other with minor differences that update and replace themselves over time
>we're almost not even different people because we're all so similar, physically at least
>>
>>27293820
>you could eat that burger yourself
>the only reason why this hasn't happened yet is because there isn't a species that's more intelligent/powerful than us here on earth but still as sociopathic (...or is there?)
>>
>>27293640
>And we all come to the same conclusion, there's nothing past death
No, you and many others did. But not everybody did, get over yourself.
>>
>Youth seemed like it would go on forever
>Every year things got better - more freedom but still no responsibility
>21
>O-ok stop now
>22
>Wait I'm not finished being a useless child
>23
>Realize everyone I know and love will die. Everything is meaningless. Life passes by while we're making plans. Every year is getting faster. I will be 40 before I know it. The dreams and hopes of my youth were nothing but beautiful naivety
>>
>>27293684
not all girls ;)
>>
and your point is?

you wish you could live forever or something?
>>
>>27293549
kek, either you're lucky, or young and in a latent phase. I'll be 40 in a few years and it's never gone away. the only upside is that i've get better at suppressing it. instead of hours of nauseating panic, it's only a few minutes at a time, but it's never completely gone away
>>
File: nebula.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
nebula.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Sentience is the ultimate curse, the final cruelty.

Humans are the laughingstock of deities, for we have the minds of gods and the bodies of ants.

When we waste away, we will once again be totally irrelevant to the order of the entire universe.
>>
>>27293882
You get over yourself, if you have no interest in this topic, leave the thread
>>
>>27293137
realised this at the age of 12
found 4chokn not long after
>>
>>27293833
>a doctor knows how to treat all your problems because you are a clone of everyone else
>the only rational conclusion is that everyone is you
>>
> Tfw 33
> tfw I feel my body weaken year by year
> tfw I'm gonna be uglier and uglier as time goes on.
> tfw the stupid kids you see on playgrounds will be bosses, interns, workers just like you but in a modern age.
> tfw you'll be looked at as an old fart
>>
>>27293137

My own mortality doesn't frighten me in the least. Other peoples', however, scares the fuck out of me. I can't stand the thought of losing somebody I care about.
>>
>>27293137

It's alright. None of this is real anyways. We're all just pixels. There are no actual human beings behind keyboards here.

For all practical purposes, most of what you see and experience on the internet has nothing to do with your tangible life.

The "people" are so far away, you will never actually interact with them.

The "things" you see are not things you can actually grasp - they're somewhere else, hundreds or thousands of miles away.

And lastly the "ideas" are just piss in an ocean of piss - holding little more than vapid, insipid, vacuous context.
>>
>tfw you realize how lucky you are to not be miscarried or dropped as a baby
>spend life on 4chan anyway
>>
>>27293952
Nigger what are you talking about? This isn't your thread :^)
>>
>>27293370
Worse is that nobody gave a shit about them, and uploaded it onto the internet so they could have a laugh, then go back to being complete pieces of shit.
>>
>>27294047
this is the stupidest post in the thread.
>>
When I'm on a long road and I stop for a piss and a drink at a gas station, it always hits me that this person, the shopkeeper here has her own shitty life with friends and everything. And you will never ever interact with this person again.

There's something unsettling about it.
>>
File: 1457823229163s.jpg (4 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
1457823229163s.jpg
4 KB, 166x250
> you are dying
> you spend your time on an anime imageboard

its baffling to me that a life can be so uneventful, all that effort to stay alive, all that suffering.. for this. its like i keep waiting for it to begin because i just cant believe this is really it
>>
File: gone.jpg (135 KB, 1280x786) Image search: [Google]
gone.jpg
135 KB, 1280x786
My life is essentially over now. I'm going to be homeless soon so I'd much rather die than live such a pathetic existence. See you all on the other-side eventually faggots.
>>
Everything between cradle to grave is the desperate clawing of a glorified primate trying to rationalize an existence which doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>27293137
I figured this out when I was 12. What took you so long?
>>
>>27294298
nice post

origami comment
>>
File: 1624573568.jpg (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1624573568.jpg
5 KB, 100x100
>tfw no German Empire
>tfw the German president visits the White House and says that "a childhood dream came true" for him
>tfw we wuz King Tigerz an shiet
>>
>>27294220
you know what's an even more frightening thought? what if when it begins, all you really want to do is go back...
>>
i've felt this feeling before.
>>
>>27293137

i actually love this feel

not the fake watered-down version of it you get when you read hemingway for the first time at age 19 but the feeling you get when the depression and anxiety hit really hard after people you know have died and you really understand how absurd and utterly horrifying mortality is

it's an acquired taste
>>
File: the face of doom.jpg (202 KB, 1165x980) Image search: [Google]
the face of doom.jpg
202 KB, 1165x980
the best part is that you will not be remembered.
Think of your great-great-great-great-grandfather.
You don't know him? Worry not, you won't be remembered either.

Every single human who is alive today will go through the same, eventually, every single human on earth, as our planet is undone.
We would have already spread over the universe until then, with our numbers being even greater.

Knowing that, how can anyone even think that their life has any value in the total of mankind?
>>
>>27293137
And? What's your conclusion about that?
>>
File: 1458526525363.jpg (37 KB, 475x352) Image search: [Google]
1458526525363.jpg
37 KB, 475x352
>>27293137
What if we were alive thousands, millions or even billions of years ago, but died and were reborn after our cells and the microorganisms that form us processed another living being.

What if the same thing has happened and will happen in vicious cycle for all eternity?

Seems kinda fucked desu. Even though I'm agnostic and skeptical at the idea of an afterlife, I really do hope one exists. It would be based if we could at least return as ghosts or something. Otherwise what the fuck is even the point in being born in the first place?
>>
>>27296455
I agree
The meatmachine life isn't for me (I think)
Would be nice if there's more to it
>>
>>27296455
That is what makes the concept of an infinite universe spooky as fuck.

>universe is an infinite cycle
>the odds of atoms arranging in such a way that a second 'you' exists is also infinite
>we posted these posts before and will post it again
>>
>people are always discussing popular opinions at work
>tfw you realize you're probably the only person in the room who views morality as relative
>you know you can't possibly explain your position on anything to people because causing cognitive dissonance in public damages morale
>they're happy, and you're not
>how is this so
>>
Life is bad and we are worse off for having it. The truly lucky were never born.
>>
>>27296756
>tfw I will probably be shitposting from a colony on space 100,000 years from now.
>tfw will probably still be a beta with no gf.
When will this end senpai?
>>
>>27293137
life is suffering and every day I want it to end, but I am to pussy to suicide and I'm young enough that I still have to live another 40+ years of this hell, that's over 200% of what I have already had to live through, I'm not even half way through the pain, someone help me.
>>
There is nothing to fear in death. Fear is only rational when that which we fear is harmful to us. Non-existence harms no-one.
>>
>>27294019
bro solipsism is sick. but also really freaky cause there's kinda 2 ends to it, one that you are everyone's consciousness, and the other is that you are the only conscious person and everyone else is a p-zombie. kinda neat but i try not to think about it too much.
>>
>>27293137
This is a constant problem I've dealt with for years, and I'm currently a psychiatrist. If I was ever to reveal how I feel about this to someone I work with, they could easily report me, and have my license evoked from me. Death is something that happens to all of us, which is something no one likes to hear. We were born in a time in which we can't just take our minds off of it, because we have so much free time. A couple hundred years ago, you could actually go on adventures, enjoy the world- a couple thousand years ago, you had to survive, live a dangerous life- and a couple hundred years into the future, we could've been space traveling, but, we're stuck in a time in which we can't move on, we live in the now, and not in the tomorrow, we live in the "what will happen to me?" instead of "what's next?". When you look at quotes of old, you don't hear death as a common topic, because then, there was something to always look forward to.
There are many of us like this, but we're still a minority. No one cares to accept this terrible mentality because it's "too sad", so they sweep it under the rug, as if it was nothing.
If you really want to forget about this mentality, just hope. Hope that in your lifetime, we'll be able to find a way to live forever.

Sometimes, I wish I could've been born something useless- something that can't even think. At least then, I wouldn't be in this position.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.