[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: 20160320_180417.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
20160320_180417.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
The suburbs. A typical residence for the vast majority of Americans. A place that many Americans unironically set as one of their final goals in life. Seems just fine, no?

Wrong. The suburbs are no more than depressing hellholes, hellholes which are symbolic of the mediocrity and stagnation of those who reside within them. The days are repetitive, and have the ability to fill one with unimaginable feelings of melancholy, ennui, and loneliness. The suburbs are a physical manifestation of one's own unimportance. For the man of the suburbs, the very concept of greatness is one he will never fully understand. He shall never even find out if he can discover if there is some meaning in his life, let alone fulfill said meaning. The man of the suburbs shall waste away into obscurity, and will ultimately be lost in the sands of time. If there is a hell on Earth, it is most definitely a suburb.

That being said, post pics of whatever you can see outside your window.
>>
Or entirely ignore my thread. I simply thought it might be interesting to see through another anon's window and gain some kind of understanding of their own situations and perspectives.
But no, let's post in some fembot feels threads, eh?
>>
Don't wanna post my window, but have yourself a bump, OP
>>
File: ohgurl.jpg (71 KB, 489x604) Image search: [Google]
ohgurl.jpg
71 KB, 489x604
>>27292423
>>27292536
remember what you learned today
>>
>>27292659
That the average r9k user has an IQ of 90 and couldn't even read my post, much less contribute to the thread?
>>
>>27292423
Subdivisions spread people out over a huge area, such that the only means of travel is by car, in which case you no longer interact with your community.

The only way to meet people is to drive to the exact correct place where you will meet like minded people, severely reduced are the random encounters that lead to romance or friendships.

Think of European cities where houses are crammed together, and you can't walk 100 meters without bumping into someone. Contrast that with a subdivision, where you stare down empty lonely streets.
>>
>>27292697
Sorry, I meant suburbs, not subdivisions.
>>
>>27292697
I'm not a normalfag, I don't really care about relationshits. My point was more about how suburbs essentially make you feel worthless.
>>
I can't because I keep my blinds closed
>>
>>27292849
Open them up then, loser.
>>
File: IMG_4462.jpg (981 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4462.jpg
981 KB, 1632x1224
I enjoy suburb life.

I've lived in the city. Loved it and hated it at times but I think I'm done with city/metro/apartment life for good.

>Meeting new people in the city was never a nice experience. I've been robbed at gunpoint, forced to sit next to fat and/or smelly people on the metro, had people bump into me on the street and call me a faggot for it, had to walk past countless panhandlers or religious nutjobs. The list can go on.
>Apartment/townhome/houses close together have so many regulations and I just can't take it anymore.

Being mediocre doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I hope one day I can be mediocre. There are many things about me that are sub-average. If one day I can be average at just about every aspect in my life I think that would be great.
>>
>>27293073
Trust me, you don't want to be mediocre or average. You're only saying that because you THINK it would be better to be in this situation. You're wrong.
>>
>>27293446
I really do think it would be nice. I'm a fairly content person and consider myself happy right now. The main things that bother me are that I make much less money yearly than most people my age, and am below average as far as genetics and health issues go.

With me being as content as I am now I would imagine life would be pretty nice if those two aspects were average.
>>
>>27293535
Then perhaps you are a fool. Ah well. They say ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>27293446
Not everyone can be above average, anon.
>>
>>27293668
Whatever it 'is' or whatever you want to call it shouldn't matter right? If I'm happy does it matter if I'm a fool?

I think it's extremely foolish to desire to be more than mediocre when the odds are so far against you.
>>
>>27293728
And you should be happy about this?
>>27293756
No, no it's not. Some people aren't content with being worthless, that's all.
>>
>>27292423
There are no windows in my basement lair.
>>
File: 20160317_161955.jpg (43 KB, 505x324) Image search: [Google]
20160317_161955.jpg
43 KB, 505x324
Not out the window but a 5 minute walk from my bedroom.
>>
Try living in the suburbs in the UK. Yes, google image it.

Doesn't really matter too much for now though, since I rarely go out, and if I do I'll get away from this place.
>>
File: 20160320_113945-min.jpg (2 MB, 2984x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160320_113945-min.jpg
2 MB, 2984x5312
>>27292423
It's a beautiful day in California, snapped this today from the dining room of my parent's house. I don't know much about art but I love how from top to bottom it goes from blue to green to gray.

>>27292536
don't give up, even if your interesting thread gets no replies. If you lurk this board long enough you'll realize that even a lot of "fembot gimme attention" threads get ignored.
>>
>>27294177
Nice picture! I'm from the UK, coming to Cali for a few weeks in May. Can't wait.
>>
>>27294231
Not that guy but I'm also from the UK and went to cali in January and February this year. Where abouts you planning on going?

Also, your accent won't be 'mired even half as much as you're probably hoping.
>>
Since nobody else is gonna do it;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYYdQB0mkEU
>>
>>27294273
Flying in to LA, Greyhound to SF, then hopefully trekking in Yosemite before going up to Portland, Seattle and then home.

I got that impression. Oh well, guess I'll just have to enjoy the country!
>>
>>27294311
>Flying in to LA, Greyhound to SF

I got a greyhound to SF towards the end of my journey. Didn't enjoy it there (tenderloin), the streets were really scruffy and dangerous as fuck. A brit got mugged and killed right there a week before I visited. Though that was the biggest downside of my trip. But the tour bus I got around the whole of SF was quite nice and made up for it, took me through golden gate bridge too.

Other than that, if you get the chance you should check out hermosa beach and walk along to manhatten beach. Absolutely gorgeous clean beaches with nice views.

There was a rare moment where I was passing through long beach area to get a GH to san diego and two girls pulled over to compliment my hair, then when they realised I was british one got really excited and started sorta hyperventilating and covering her mouth... just gotta get kinda lucky in that state for the britcharm to work it seems.
>>
>>27292423
I wish i lived in an American suburb. I live in a Dutch urban center and i kind of hate it.
>>
>>27294424
If you can't see those beaches, go to the beach around santa monica pier (close to LAX), and walk along to venice beach (long walk tho)
>>
>>27294424
>dangerous as fuck

I didn't realise, I was told and thought SF was pretty safe but I guess it depends on where you're staying. I'd only be there for two days so wouldn't stray miles from the centre I hope.

Have you been to LA? What's that like?

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm still planning so I'll see if I can fit those in. If you see a thread in June with some snaps of those beaches then you'll know I enjoyed it!

Ahaha my friend who I'm going with went last year and had similar thing, like one or two stories but mostly people just don't really give one.
>>
File: 1442388030655.jpg (99 KB, 376x400) Image search: [Google]
1442388030655.jpg
99 KB, 376x400
>>27292423
you sound like you are 15 years old. Sure, not everyone is some top tier celebrity. It doesn't mean there aren't plenty of happy people, and plenty of people who are happier than 'important' celebs living in the suburbs. People with children who have enough free time to do just what they like.

The only one wasting away into obscurity is you with this memepost.
>>
>>27294536
It was the area around where all the main hostels are - tenderloin

>Have you been to LA? What's that like?
Yes. Different depending on where you go. Hollywood boulevard was quite cool, though didn't get a chance to go to west hollywood bars at night unfortunately (meant to be good). Santa monica was a pretty big highlight of my trip.

Downtown LA felt sketchy as fuck and it was really difficult finding good bars/clubs not full of Hispanics, gays, or older people. Eventually found one really good one through Yelp.

Expect to see lots of homeless people asking for change
>>
>>27294756
Righty ho, ta for the advice I'll check out some forums etc.

Yeah, the plan is 2 days in each city then most of the time going up the Oregon coast so hopefully that'll be cool. Don't want to miss out on the good beaches in LA tho
>>
>>27294700
Perhaps you are the underage here, considering the fact that you couldn't even understand what I said. It's not about being important to OTHERS or having free time away from your kids. Just go back to redddit.
>>
OP isn't older than 15.
>>
>>27294931
I will never understand why you normalfags go out of your way to call someone underage if they aren't a Chad like you. Why are you even here?.
>>
>>27292423
So what it is that you want?
>>
>>27292423
>>27294899
>The suburbs are no more than depressing hellholes, hellholes which are symbolic of the mediocrity and stagnation of those who reside within them. The days are repetitive, and have the ability to fill one with unimaginable feelings of melancholy, ennui, and loneliness. The suburbs are a physical manifestation of one's own unimportance. For the man of the suburbs, the very concept of greatness is one he will never fully understand. He shall never even find out if he can discover if there is some meaning in his life, let alone fulfill said meaning. The man of the suburbs shall waste away into obscurity, and will ultimately be lost in the sands of time.

maybe you didnt type what you meant to type but you cant pretend I didn't address this part of your post, because I did.

Your logic is flawed in many ways. That you paint the world in such broad brushstrokes and then lash out to protect your own fragile ego is testament enough to this in and of itself.
>>
>>27295044
"No".
>>27295040
I can't really say. I'll know it when I see it.
>>
>>27295072
Yes, you silly child. It's plain for all the world but you to see. No wonder you are constantly getting called out. When you actually get life experience i'm sure you'll change.
>>
>>27295118
Again, "no". All you losers ever want to do is fucking argue, and frankly, I don't give a shit about your opinion. I'm not giving you what you want. I don't even know what you hope to gain from arguing with me.
>>
File: IMG_00000009.jpg (736 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00000009.jpg
736 KB, 2592x1456
It's too dark to take a pic now, but this is my house from my parent's house.

I think it's funny how some people idolize country life and think suburbs are inhumane. The main difference between country and suburban living is that it takes an hour to drive to Walmart instead of 10 minutes, the internet is absolute shit here, and 5 cars will pass by my house a day instead of like 20.
>>
>>27295150
I'm pointing out how illogical your post is. I really hope you move to the city and stop posting on r9k you stupid normalfag 15 year old.
>>
>>27295232
Again, I. Don't. Give. A. Shit. Normalfag.
Just fuck off man.
>>
>>27295262
You gonna cut yourself if I don't kiddo?
>>
>>27295280
Totally. You trolled me so hard my life is in shambles. You showed me man. I'll change my ways and become a normalfag like you.
>>
>>27295302
you already are the normalfag, normalfag.
>>
>>27292423

Babbys first realization of the horrors of the bourgeoisie.

Have fun feeling claustrophobic in the marketplace, bucko
>>
>>27295317
I'm not the one trying to argue with everyone and assert myself into a position of dominance by calling people 15 years old over and over again.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Here ya go, robots.

Original xxx
>>
>>27295337
I didn't argue with 'everyone' and you have thrown countless insults at me just because you cant grasp anything that isn't a middle school level generalization, so you are doing your part.
>>
That's why I have about 2 months left of saving and I'm busting out of here. Suburbs are great when you finally get a wife and have a young child. Its a safe place to raise kids for the most part, low crime and your child won't be on drugs and fucking at age 12. But if you're young, single, have no commitments you have to get out asap.
>>
File: Janela.jpg (1 MB, 3472x2604) Image search: [Google]
Janela.jpg
1 MB, 3472x2604
Suburbs here are very different from the american ones
>>
>>27295384
>first makes his presence known in this thread by calling me a 15 year old
>compares me to a middle schooler in this very post
>YOU'RE THE ONE THROWING COUNTLESS INSULTS AT ME BRAH
lol
>>
>>27295420
I wasn't proclaiming innocence like you JUST did. You really did throw countless insults at me. If you want me to list them out for you, if you are indeed that stupid, then I will.
>>
If you drive through an american suburb it looks like everyone is happy and alright with life, you could not be more wrong believe me. People are fucking others wives, alcoholism everywhere, pills everywhere, bad parenting, its a mess I've seen it all in my 25 years. I think the boredom and repetitiveness just gets to everyone. Maybe not the autists or elderly people but most.
>>
If your goal of life is to come home from your soul crushing job to a brat kid, an increasingly fat wife and to put on ESPN and drink a few beers then do it all over then be my guest, for people like me though I'd rather just end it all right now if that's my path in life.
>>
>>27295449
Just kill yourself man. I really do not care about this shit anymore. Leave me alone.
>>
>>27294282

This should have been posted in the OP
>>
>>27295535
>leave me alone, i dont care, bawww
you cared enough to type out that tired, petty non-argument. Have fun pretending you're some deep philisophical thinker that people will write about while you're living in whatever flyover state that picture was taken though, cuck.
>>
>>27292423
Agree with you completely on the suburbs. The overwhelming reason it's still such a popular living model is children. It's the only place that's both cheap enough and large enough to comfortably accommodate two adults and one to three children, while remaining within driving distance of jobs and shopping centers.

There's nothing sadder than seeing baseball caps and cargoshorts atop New Balance runners, sweatily waddling into a CostCo on a Sunday afternoon. I'll keep my windowless warehouse apartment in the big city and edginess, thank you.
>>
>>27295659
Have an original lol
>>
Anyone here commiserating about the suburbs should listen to No Man's Land and Captain Jack by Billy Joel and Shangri-La and maybe a couple other songs from Arthur by the Kinks, that one in particular.
There aren't a while lot of songs I know that capture the feeling. I recently moved to the city and it's not a be-all-end-all solution to problems, but I did need to get some breathing room from my family.
OP is probably 18 and the only one of his friends not planning to move away for college. I don't mean to condescend too much but if you keep looking you'll find reason. Keep working at it and things will get better.
>>
>>27292423

Thank you. I grew up in the woods and have lived in cookie cutter suburbia for 5 years and I can't wait to go back. I'll never understand why anyone would buy one of these trash houses with a 5x5 patch of grass in front. I hate seeing my neighbors judge me for literally fucking everything and HOAs are all run by people so detached from reality it makes my head spin.
>>
>>27295915
Eat a dick normalfag. I don't have friends and I'm not 18.
>>
File: WP_20140926_18_26_42_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140926_18_26_42_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
What a hellhole.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.