[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a guy who beat Silent Hill 2 6 times in the last 14 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: Capture.jpg (60 KB, 824x513) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
60 KB, 824x513
Ask a guy who beat Silent Hill 2 6 times in the last 14 hours anything.

I took a few breaks and had dinner a bit ago, it comes out to an average of about 2 hours per playthrough, plus I beat Born From A Wish as well.

Pic related, a few of my save files.
>>
>>27290928
I don't have anything to ask, just wanted to congratulate you on your great game taste. Konami used to be so good. It hurts that they became cash-grabbing niggers who only care about Metal Gear Solid, which is a shit-tier game, and let go of Silent Hill and Castlevania when their latest titles in both series were on the right path. Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate was a NES Trilogy-tier great game. Brought back so much memories.
>>
File: SH2 OC.png (1 MB, 1435x896) Image search: [Google]
SH2 OC.png
1 MB, 1435x896
>>27291002
Thanks family, SH2 is my favorite game of all time and I hadn't played it in a year so I binged.
I agree mostly, except I do like Metal Gear Solid, at least the first three. TPP was pretty disappointing, well refined gameplay but story was barebones as hell.

Here's a nice screenshot I captured which I think makes for a great reaction image.
>>
>want to get into Silent Hill
>HD Collection is godawful
>PC too shit for emulation
Welp
>>
>>27291056
Damn, what a let down, the brightness fucked up on this photo. I'll go in and get a better one later.
>>27291109
You could just play the PC version. It was made for 2002 PCs, so you should be able to run it. It also looks better than the HD collection and doesn't have any of the flaws.

Here are download links that get passed around on /v/, they have readmes inside on how to install.
SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

And in case someone's once again new to this PC gaming stuff: Use a program like DaemonTools Lite to mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
File: James Shadowpuppet.jpg (62 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
James Shadowpuppet.jpg
62 KB, 1280x960
>>27291109
Also it's relatively easy to emulate Silent Hill 1 since it is a PS1 game, if you want to play that first. I would recommend it since 3 is basically a direct sequel to 1.
>>
Bumping since I am bored. Happy to answer any questions you guys have.
>>
File: Maria Concept Art 3.jpg (208 KB, 504x700) Image search: [Google]
Maria Concept Art 3.jpg
208 KB, 504x700
Bumping one more time.
Anyone else ever spree-play games?
>>
>>27290928
good taste anon, played thru the original silent hill and resi recently on emulator. those games are comfy.. just puzzles, map reading, item management and atmosphere
>>
File: Mary's Dress.jpg (356 KB, 1182x972) Image search: [Google]
Mary's Dress.jpg
356 KB, 1182x972
>>27291942
Thanks anon.
I agree, comfy as hell, some of the greatest games ever made.
>>
File: SH-TheDoorfromthePainting-Ed.jpg (135 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
SH-TheDoorfromthePainting-Ed.jpg
135 KB, 1280x1024
>>27291056
Mah nigga.
>>27291170
Also thanks for the links. Grabbin'. Been wanting to replay SH2 for a while. Never played SH4 on PC. Already got SH3. But yeah, SH2 I think is my all-time favorite as well. I only like 1, 2, and 3. Rest of the series IDGAF about. Fuck Konami for cancelling Silent Hills. I was looking forward to it even though it didn't really seem like a SH game. Just a new spooky experience with amazing graphics. Wasted...

Also there was a group that modified ePSXe or whatever to run Silent Hill as best as possible on PC. "Silent Scape"? They used to have the game available to download from their website but now you have to download a torrent, last I checked. Never had any issues with their release so I highly recommend it.
>>
File: 1458514968324.gif (281 KB, 1469x535) Image search: [Google]
1458514968324.gif
281 KB, 1469x535
>>27292472
Good opinions my friend.

Here is Silent Hill 1, which you can emulate using ePSXe, along with some info about the ideal settings/plugins.

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.

Alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.