[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Incoming blogpost. I never make these, and was hoping someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: edein.gif (550 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
edein.gif
550 KB, 500x375
Incoming blogpost. I never make these, and was hoping someone here has been in a similar situation as me. Maybe I could get some advice.
I've been homeschooled since I was 11. Even now, I take online classes for college.
I've lived a reclusive life for about 8 years. It hasn't been uncommon for me to stay home for months at a time. I never saw much of a problem with doing so. I figured that I only exist now to get through school so that I may eventually get a good job and live on my own. These were just filler days until then, until a "better" situation and life came along. I've been living solely for the future, somehow forgetting that I've been living the real thing all these years. I've not a whole lot to show for it, however. I can't differentiate most days, not even my birthdays. I did nothing memorable on those days. I stayed home, and probably got drunk.
Once that ideal future I envision comes along, I'll surely look back at these years and think to myself "what a waste, if only I had chosen a different way to live those prime years". But it makes me wonder, what could I possibly do to live more vividly? I can't go out places, doing things with friends because my only friend who has been like a brother since I was too young to speak coherently has gone off for uni.
Is there really a way for me to "live"? I simply exist through these jaded, recurring days, and I can't help but wonder how they would have been now, had I done something differently a few years back. What kind of life could I be living? Probably something more worthwhile. This one in particular must be my observation post for the potential realities I could've led.
That in mind, it's why I want to change the way I live now. I'm just not entirely sure how. I'm willing to break out of my comfort zone to try.
>>
File: tumblr_lybmfoYFFu1r02q6ao3_500.gif (498 KB, 415x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lybmfoYFFu1r02q6ao3_500.gif
498 KB, 415x281
hey anon
first thing: Ed and Ein, what a nice choice, you're a good guy ;^)

why don't you go to uni? you will certainly meet many people
you look interesting, say more thing about you
>>
>>27285552
>Maybe I could get some advice.
>>>/adv/
>>
>>27285766
I plan to transfer my credits over to a uni next year. Doing online college classes for now is just more convenient since it's similar to what I've been doing for these past 8 years.
I'd imagine I wouldn't be making any friends if I were in uni since I don't like to talk much in public. The primary reason I entered homeschooling to begin with was to get away from other people, after all.
>you look interesting
I don't do a whole lot that could constitute as interesting. I wouldn't say there's anything interesting about a recluse. I don't spend my leisure time all that efficiently.
>>27285920
>and was hoping someone here has been in a similar situation as me
Too many normalfags in /adv/.
>>
Why not join a club or something?
>>
File: sato.gif (443 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
sato.gif
443 KB, 500x285
>>27286246
I'm not sure what type of club I'd join. I'm a rather boring person without a wide variety of interests, and not good enough at any sports to join their clubs. I used to be in a martial arts class with my friend, which was fun then but now that it's just me, I don't think I'd fare well.
hhhh, if only I had been brought up with better social skills, then perhaps I'd feel as if I were living. I'm alive, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm really living.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.