[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else feel like their city is mocking them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: cherry-blossoms.jpg (1 MB, 1685x1128) Image search: [Google]
cherry-blossoms.jpg
1 MB, 1685x1128
>cherry blossoms everywhere in my part of DC, just like in my japanese animes (they were a gift from Japan to the US about 100 years ago)
>huge cherry blossom/japanese culture festival coming up
>Paradise for a closet weaboo, I've literally had dreams about walking around the parks and events with some cute girl or at the very least some friends
>Every time I walk outside and see those trees it's an instant reminder of what I don't have and can't have

It's my 3rd year here. I fucking hate it, I want to go back to Miami where there are just palm trees and trashy raves,
>>
>don't have and can't have
More like 'are too lazy and deluded to work towards having'
>>
>Vancouver

same shit here kek
>>
>>27284115

Maryland fag here. DC is shit, traffic is ass.

Maybe I can be your gf tonight?
>>
>>27284140

I really don't think I'm capable of it at this point desu
>>
File: 1453692399954.jpg (60 KB, 572x565) Image search: [Google]
1453692399954.jpg
60 KB, 572x565
I live in VA near DC. This entire area blows and I cannot wait to leave.

The traffic. I live 20 miles from my job, which isn't an absurd distance. My commute still takes over an hour on an average day and 2 hour days are common. That's one way.

The cost of living. This area is almost as expensive as SF or NY. For a small 1BR apt in DC you are going to spend $1.8k. If you want to live in a safe part of the city with parking (where your car window doesn't get smashed) and in-unit laundry you are going to spend $2k. In most cities you can get the same for half the price. VA has a reasonable tax but DC taxes you at 8.5% if you make $60k. Everything costs more here.

DC has stuff going on but VA is fucking boring. Nothing but endless swaths of overpriced suburban developments. The entire area is geared toward people 35+ who have kids. That's why there's no young people here.

The people who live here suck. They're status-obsessed, work-obsessed assholes. They're stuck-up and boring.

The weather sucks. Hot, humid summers with cold, wet winters.

I'm leaving within a couple weeks, fuck this place hard. I'm one of the few people who has lived here their entire life (everyone else is a fucking transient.) I know the area well, and it fucking blows. If anything it seems to be getting worse over time.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.