[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some good easy free comfy online games to distract yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: games.png (231 KB, 495x341) Image search: [Google]
games.png
231 KB, 495x341
what are some good easy free comfy online games to distract yourself from your shit life?
>>
File: 1438499406579.jpg (25 KB, 251x404) Image search: [Google]
1438499406579.jpg
25 KB, 251x404
>>27282537
runescape

literally just put thousands of hours into it and achieve what ever you want.

rule of thumb for picking up an mmorpg is that if it isnt 10 years old then its absolute shit and will be dead in the next 3 years

make sure you play runescape3 (current gen) not old school like some delusional retard that doesnt think it will be shut down
>>
File: image.png (460 KB, 673x383) Image search: [Google]
image.png
460 KB, 673x383
>>27282537
Wolf quest

Fucking amazing, senpai. Free to download and the graphics of the mountains are beautiful
>>
>>27282761
>make sure you play runescape3 (current gen) not old school like some delusional retard that doesnt think it will be shut down

http://www.misplaceditems.com/rs_tools/graph/

you have to be some kind of delusional to believe it would be shutdown
>>
>>27282537
I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of solitaire myself!
>>
File: 1448175609429.jpg (35 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1448175609429.jpg
35 KB, 640x400
>started playing MMO's 15 years ago
>everything was mystical because there was so little information out about stuff
>remember being really fascinated over the smallest things
>tfw showing your friends something and they are like "wow, where'd you learn that?"
>now there are guides to all the things before the patch even releases
>if you are not playing with your own friends there is very little need to be kind or social
>timid autist who doesn't know how to socialize in the current decade so I mostly end up playing alone these days

I have to say though, gameplay wise modern MMO's, and games in general, are miles ahead of the old ones. What they lack is the camaraderie and banding together that old games kind of forced upon you. Sure, it's still possible to form close friendships in games but the demographics have changed. Ten years ago a large part of your active memberbase in a given game was quite likely made up of lonely/unemployed/whatever people, who sought solace from the game world. Now you have a lot of 'normies' who just drop by to kill time for half an hour before doing something else and they did not partake in the more burdensome experience that in the times past united us, which partially leads to the current GOGOGO type of gameplay in modern MMO's.

I'll remove my rose-tinted glasses now
>>
File: 1447813754913.jpg (82 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
1447813754913.jpg
82 KB, 992x744
stardew valley
>>
File: 1453247759751.png (108 KB, 1248x1504) Image search: [Google]
1453247759751.png
108 KB, 1248x1504
>>27282761
Runescape is a fine choice but you'll easily tire of it unless you get bonds or membership to unlock the other 85% of the game
>>
>>27282978

i remember playing this MMO in the late 90s called The Realm. Such good memories... no guides. In the evenings the servers were overcrowded so you'd have to wait in a queue for about an hour to get into the game.
If I got on right after school there was no queue.
>>
>>27282537
Vanilla wow. Just download it. Just do it and let your days flow by. Just you training your fishing skills or grinding for quests or make a shitload of money in the auction house. Just everything about the game is loveable. Why the fuck aren't you playing at yet? Just go! Look for Nostralius and get in the world of warcraft right now. RIGHT NOW!
>>
>>27282761
me and my brothers played the fuck out of rs in 2006, I remember getting my rudolph hat that one christmas event. easter ring too, chocatrice cape year after?

anyway I always said I'd get 99 thieving, and I did, got it 3 years back. reminds me actually, I should have my 10 year cape at this point. No membership though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.