[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw never had to work in my 23 years of existence >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 1456719118004.png (179 KB, 405x406) Image search: [Google]
1456719118004.png
179 KB, 405x406
>tfw never had to work in my 23 years of existence
>tfw been living the neet life after hs for 6 years now
>tfw living in a big, comfy house with parents who have stopped pestering me to work/go back to school

>mfw wagecucks slave away to fund mr. shlomo shekelsteinberg's 10th yacht
>>
>>27282279
Hey, whatever floats your boat! Am I right?
>>
>>27282279
Same here bro. 23, no work ever, live comfortably with parents.

Am I happy though? No.
>>
>>27282279
>23
Ameature, I'm 31 and the most I worked was a couple months at mcdonalds 10 years ago. I turn 32 next week but my parents are saying they are going to kick me out but you know what? Let them, I'll call child protective services and tell them my parents are abandoning me. They will get arrested and I will be able to live in the house on my own
>>
jokes aside if I was 23 without a degree or job prospect I genuinely think I'd be scared out of my fucking mind.

that honestly must be a terrifying position to be in, to know that no matter what direction you go you'll need to at least spend 3-4 years getting a degree before you can even start.

even if you decided TODAY to reverse the direction you're headed you won't be able to start your real life until you're 26-27.

i'm legit gettin anxiety even thinkin about it.
>>
>>27282360
I'm the person you described and I couldn't start school because of my dad, and now I get terrible anxiety about the years I've missed
>>
>>27282360
I'm in that exact situation. The more time passes, the more I try not to think about it and dive deeper into escapism making it literally impossible to get anything done.
>>
>>27282360

^ x3

When I think about all the years of money you miss out on saving while working, OP is an aspie.
>>
>>27282360
what makes you think he'll get a degree? the best people like him do is working at a factory
>>
>>27282360
Exactly.
I'm 24, so it's too late to try and change. Might as well keep living like this till my parents stop supporting me and then end it.
>>
>>27282360
even if he gets a degree he might not get a job because they will ask you why it took so long to get a degree and what you were doing after high school, if you tell them you were just sitting around doing nothing for years at a time they won't want to hire you. He's probably stuck with retail or fast food type jobs for the rest of his life, or welfare.
>>
>>27282360
Eh, it's not THAT bad. You just know that there will be a day when the stream of money you leech of your parents will dry out. You don't know if it'll be in 1 or 7 years...

What happens then is that you're fucked. Hovewer because you live with this anxiety for a long time, you get used to it. After your world collapses you can try living on your own and if you can't just kill yourself.

I think I have around 5-10 more years to my life. Not that bad all things considered.
>>
File: 1458052730361.png (94 KB, 849x488) Image search: [Google]
1458052730361.png
94 KB, 849x488
>>27282360
>without a degree or job prospect
I'm 22 in that situation. Still haven't finished high school yet technically.

>you won't be able to start your real life until you're 26-27
Real life? Ha. What do you think real life is? Getting paid and then spending it? Thinking you are 'independent' because you can buy your own overpriced food? The way the capitalist west works discourages and demotivates me to ever do anything.

If there were community campaigns that encouraged groups of people to work together constructively on a project which was for the good of the community while incentivizing them with their weekly food requirements and amenities and the prospect of reaping the rewards of said project, then just point me in that direction. I am instilled with feelings of pride and hope for our race with the thought of enriching the lives of community members and providing those rewards for future generations, enabling them to achieve greater goals and work on even greater projects, ever onwards for the greater good and societal and technological progress of humanity.

I want nothing to do with capitalist corporations whose primary business plan is to make piles of money into bigger piles of money.
>>
>>27282307

>save me child protective services
>fuck off m8 you're 31
>oh
>>
>>27282360
There's a reason why everyone says college was the best time of their lives... Real life sucks. Being 23 without a degree doesn't really bother me. I work a shitty fast food job right now but I've got 15k in the bank and no student loans. Could be worse.
>>
>>27282305
Same no work ever but got my college degree. Just filled with anxiety trying to figure out what I want to do with my life
>>
>>27282643
Sounds like you should have been born Amish because I don't think they're open for people to join. Here's hoping you reincarnate into Jebadia.
>>
>>27282643

So work for the government.

Oh, wait. You need a degree to be a teacher.

Fact of the matter is that if you haven't learned a skill, you don't DESERVE to have a rewarding job.

Get off your ass and justify your existence, slave.
>>
I've never had a job myself, but all these "Smug NEET" threads seem pretty dumb to me. If everyone decided to be NEET, society would collapse.
>>
being neet sucks guys
its a painful, depressing existence
>>
>>27282279
Never had a job and nobody told me life was gonna be this way. Sometime in high school I was supposed to make my mind up on what I was going to do but I was a kid, I wasn't concerned with such things. I was mentally too young to even pursue girls. When everyone was at prom I was playing Fallout 3. Dancing? Gaaaay, I thought.

Graduate, barely. What to do now? Family too broke to support college, screw that anyway I thought. So, study cheap courses online, meet welfare requirements.

Only now in my mid-twenties have I actually realized people my age are adults. Like real grown ups. Real grown ups with jobs, cars, houses and even wives and kids. What the hell? I didn't know that life was completely self-motivated. I thought someone would be there to tell me what to do. I have to make decisions myself and then go and do them myself? Just like that. That doesn't make sense.

Where are the mission objectives? the quest logs? There are none so how do I know what the hell to do?
>>
You NEET fucks miss the point- What's the point of even existing without becoming rich and successful? Why not be the boss getting the yacht? What could be more pathetic than being a loser?
>>
>>27282853
well what about you? are you rich and successful? you know there are kids who post shit on youtube or instagram that make more money than you ever will right?
>>
File: sgsdgsgsggsd.jpg (48 KB, 253x229) Image search: [Google]
sgsdgsgsggsd.jpg
48 KB, 253x229
>ragie wagie pudding and pie
>works three jobs and wants to die
>when neets post on r9k
>ragie wagie runs away
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
>>27282973
Oh that's a good one. I made one up too.

>Ching Chong Chinaman tried to milk a cow
>But Ching Chong Chinaman didn't know how
>So Ching Chong Chinaman grabbed her by the head
>And Ching Chong Chinaman choked the cow dead
>>
>>27283123
Me again. I just looked this up and apparently it is some old playground rhyme, well the first 2 lines anyway. The original goes...

>Ching Chong Chinaman went to milk a cow.
>Ching Chong Chinaman didn't know how.
>Ching Chong Chinaman pulled the wrong tit.
>Ching Chong Chinaman got covered in shit.

For years I had the first 2 lines stuck in my head. I thought I made it up myself until just now! I wrote the other 2 lines not long ago. Isn't it funny how you hear something and after some time you think it's your own thought?
>>
File: 1438688083553.jpg (301 KB, 540x570) Image search: [Google]
1438688083553.jpg
301 KB, 540x570
>>27282797
>Where are the mission objectives? the quest logs? There are none so how do I know what the hell to do?

>*new quest added - "the voyage begins... (MCCLXXXIX)"*
>*new quest marker added - wagon of slavery*
>*new quest marker added - tower of servitude*
>cmd: walk to wagon
>cmd: get in wagon
>cmd: drive to tower
>*new quest objective - input data into the computer*
>WARLOCK OF HR: "anon, prithee tell, is your timepiece malfunctioning? it appears to be six minutes past the hour. You were promised to me on the hour!"
>*Option A: "apologize"*
>*Option B: "apologize"*
>*Option C: "apologize"*
>ANON: "Sorry master, I will surely sacrifice this days pay"
>WARLOCK OF HR: "good, be not this torpid t'morrow"
>cmd: wait_10hr
>*quest completed*
>cmd: walk to wagon
>cmd: get in wagon
>cmd: drive to dungeon of anime
>cmd: eat
>cmd: sleep_6hr
>*you awake in a new day, what adventures await you..?"
>*new quest added - "the voyage begins...(MCCLXXXX)"*
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27282279
This is the dream life.
>>
>>27282797
I think the school system encourages this sort of thing with the constant supervision and babysitting and micromanagement. Whenever we'd come home with shit like "I lost 5 marks because my binder wasn't organized the correct way" my dad would lose his shit over this. He'd ask how they thought we were going to run our whole lives given that six months before graduation they thought we couldn't organize a fucking binder.

I think without him I'd have wound up with the same idea you had. It's bullshit that they force you into school then fill your heads with shit like this.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.