[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >always felt unhappy my whole life but figured things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: gsnejlksgelnk333tg4.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
gsnejlksgelnk333tg4.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
>be me
>always felt unhappy my whole life but figured things would get better once I got a good education
>study engineering, finish top 5% of class, still fucking sad
>"if I get a solid job, then I'll be happy"
>land a front office job att bulge bracket investment bank in London (no fucking clue of how I managed to do this)
>even get a girlfriend after moving to London
>earn more per year than most people ever will
>have super nice and hot GF that cares about me
>still feel empty inside and don't see the point of living despite having everything I thought would make me happy
what to do?
>>
Go to a therapist. It helps
>>
>>27281366
Go to church and try it out it might be for u
>>
>>27281493
This, you probably have depression or some similar mental illness that could be solved through therapy and/or medication.
>>
Subsidize me so I can be a NEET
>>
Find something to do that gives meaning to your free time. All this other shit is obviously not making you happy. Videogames for me. I got a good job, nice house, live close to work, wonderful girlfriend of 6 years. No games = all sadness though. So go do something active that involves just you that'll give meaning to time spent. Don't matter what it is, make it your mission to find it.
>>
The great tragedy of life as a human is that most of us are never satisfied with what we have.

We're always hungering, clawing after the next thing we think will make us happy.

But when we get it, we want to go to the next thing because we think it'll be better. And so on and so on till we die.
>>
>>27281643
I'm pretty happy with what I have, senpai
>>
>>27281366
Save enough cash to go NEET for 5 years. With a high-paying job, that should be easy.

A NEET with a load of cash is a god. You can do whatever you want. You'll have a chance to try to find something fun.
I recommend videogames. Lots and lots of videogames.
>>
>>27281687
I totally disagree with this. When I'm off work for a few days I often end up doing just that - playing a ton of video games - and it just feels empty and boring. I feel unfulfilled when I'm not doing anything productive. I could definitely see being NEET with a lot of money being fulfilling, but only if I was doing some sort of productive hobby for much of my time. Just sitting around doing nothing for days on end is fucking soul-sucking.
>>
>>27281719
But clearly OP's job isn't working for him. It's not making him feel fulfilled and happy.

Unless what he really needs to do is significantly crank up how much work he does. Get a second job or work 12+ hours every single day of the week. Be so busy that there's no time to think or feel.
>>
>>27281762
I think OP's problem is that he's suffering depression or some similar mental illness.
>>
>>27281663

That's good, man. I hope it lasts. Knock on wood.
>>
>>27281366
Drugs.

Or save up all the cash you can and do something ballsy that will probably result in your death. Sailing across the world all alone or jumping off mountains in a wingsuit, stuff like that.
>>
>>27281493
>it helps
hate this meme
>>
>>27281823
>implying no one has ever found therapy useful
>>
>>27281860
what he said was "it helps" which means "it's useful for everyone" or maybe "it's useful for everyone experiencing your problem"

not "there's at least one person it was useful for"

and what he should really have said it is "it helps for women and failed chads who really just needed to b themselves"
>>
>>27281366
Volunteer somewhere, a soup kitchen, whatever the limey equivalent of the VA is, an animal shelter.
Do some soul-searching and try to find something that you like, for you; it sounds like you did all that stuff because you were told that that's what it takes to be happy, but what makes one man happy isn't what makes another. Money isn't everything, and before fellow poorfags harp on me about that, I'm fucking broke as a joke and always one paycheck away from being as homeless as the people at the soup kitchen. But I took a pay cut, I was a teacher and I made good enough money, but I hated the work. I work as a vet tech now, barely above minimum wage but it's a lot more fun. I mean, you studied engineering, and you're an investment banker? That's not what you went to school for, maybe get yourself an engineering job instead? Then again, you might not be happy doing that, just as I went to school to be a teacher and wasn't happy with that gig.
>>
>>27282012
Oh, you're one of THOSE posters. Fuck off with your 'true robot' bullshit. OP is clearly not a robot by your definition anyway because he has a nice job and a GF, so by your dumb theories, therapy should be great for him. What are you even doing in this thread? Go back to your containment threads.
>>
>>27282066
why don't you fuck off with your le "it helps" reddit shit?

it didn't help me. it probably doesn't help anyone who doesn't think "you know what? you're right therapist, I'm not a shit human being and anyone who says so is a big fat meanie"

you're probably 19 or something. fuck off kid
>>
>>27281366
>Your story

I feel like my life is about trying to find something that gives fulfillment, yet nothing does. Even succesful people like you can't do it. Vidya and school/work are all just a distraction of that philosofical void we're resisting, but in the end we all fail.
Life has no meaning, and every action is utterly pointless
>>
>>27282111
Check out these sick trips yo
>But seriously, therapy doesn't work for everyone, mainly works for people who don't shitpost on an image board all day, even better when they say "THAT WEBSITE IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM!"
>>
>>27282149
I find meaning in my friendships, my relationship with my GF, and my work. Not everyone fails.
>>
>>27282169
proceed to reddit teenager
>>
>>27282170
You're just having a hallucination of meaning.
>>
>>27282170
>No gf, probably won't have one for at least a couple of years.

When I'm with friends I don't really think about that crushing sensse of nothingness, but when I get home it just hits me. Basically whenever I'm alone with my thoughts.
>>
Do whatever you want, you knob. Don't think about what makes you "happy", just do it. Do you care about your education, your job, your girlfriend? If not, it obviously wouldn't make you feel any better even if you got all that.
>>
>>27282211
Jesus Christ, aren't you precious. A hallucination of meaning. Fine, then, there is no meaning. But I don't care. It's never bothered me.

>>27282217
Let that be your motivation to get yourself to a place where you can get a GF.
>>
File: D A M A G E.jpg (188 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
D A M A G E.jpg
188 KB, 650x650
>>27282196
Look at pic related, that's you anon

>I swear to god no matter what i put here it's 'spam' according to the system
>>
>>27281366
>what to do?
Well, first of all, you should fucking leave and go to reddit.
Also consider suicide
>>
>>27282111
>>27282196
>>27282511
Maybe you guys should go to reddit considering it seems to be the only fucking thing you think about.
>>
>>27281366
originalextremely
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.