[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw I'll never live in a nice big beautiful home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Who here lives in a nice big beautiful home? What's it like? I envy you.
>>
i live in a fucking townhouse. Kill me.
>>
>>27278758
My parents home is kind of like that. Not quite as nice but close. They have an indoor pool in the basement, a games room, and a small library. And a big comfy yard.

But I live in a one bedroom apartment. It's nice when they go out of town and I housesit for them.
>>
>>27279078
>They have an indoor pool in the basement, a games room, and a small library. And a big comfy yard.
>But I live in a one bedroom apartment
>americans
top kek
>>
>>27278758

looks like a mcmansion

big and trapped in a hellish suburb that drains all color from life
>>
I'm buying a camper for $12k to live in until I can afford to build a smaller home.
A 30 year mortgage with a $2000 monthly payment sounds like hell to me.
>>
>>27279136
At least we won't be kicked out of our homes to make way for refugees, cuck
>>
i'll be putting a downpayment on a 4 bedroom house costing 35k total. new floors, cabinets, bathroom furnishings and not even a fixer upper.

it's in an area of KC that is currently being gentrified. really low crime rate and after the downpayment, my mortgage will be 150 a month.

tldr: robots need to move to the inner cities and then you will be able to pay your mortgage just by reselling shit on ebay or something. easy peasy
>>
my parents have a home like this. it's a maryland waterfront property. there is a separate apartment for my grandparents. i love it, but i live half across the country.

yes, it's a white neighbor hood, but that isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>27279382
Why would it be a bad thing unless you're not white?
>>
My parents are fairly wealthy. I grew up in a home that was bigger and more beautiful than that, it was a 2 million dollar home in California.

Didn't stop me from becoming a 28 year old virgin.
>>
I live in a six bedroom house

It's fucking terrible because I have to clean it all
>>
File: Tudor House.jpg (53 KB, 520x346) Image search: [Google]
Tudor House.jpg
53 KB, 520x346
>>27278758
I grew up in a 7 bedroom house that looked kinda like picrelated with my mum and grandparents.

It was nice.
>Gorgeous garden with wild strawberries and huge bushes of lavender you had to brush past on the way to the courtyard filling the air with perfume. Was able to set up an archery butt down the far end of the garden too.
>Huge pond with a fountain and ducklings that used to follow your around the garden during spring
>Conservatory half-converted into a swimming pool
>Paddock and small stable for the horses
>Comfy af living rooms with enormous fireplaces, massive books older than my parents and top of the line modern speakers
Personally I always loved the little reading room tht stuck out over the back door. Lead-lined glass windows taking up pretty much the entire wall on all three sides, just big enough for a small bed, writing desk and some bookshelves. It was freezing in winter because of the amount of glass but something about sitting on that bed reading as the wind roared outside and rain hammered on the windows all around you was maximum-tier comfy.

Loved living there but god it was in the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: grange_senator4.jpg (270 KB, 700x417) Image search: [Google]
grange_senator4.jpg
270 KB, 700x417
this is the house i live in (not this exact one though but its the same since they built it from these plans)
>>
>>27279459

some people think that living in a white neighborhood detracts from the culture you live in. those people are idiots, but are numerous in white suburbs.
>>
>>27279493
i don't understand this entirely. how does it all get dirty? are you going into each and every room and making a mess, then leaving it? i'm not trying to be a dick. i was talking with my partner about getting an extremely cheap 6 bedroom that we saw online, and he expressed the same ideas.

I think it would be cool. i could have a recording studio, an office, a netflix/console room, a virtual reality room, a library, and a bedroom.
>>
>>27279531
ps my parents house not mine
>>
>>27279552
I live with four other people who aren't particularly cautious about being tidy

There's also stuff like dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, window cleaning etc. that just adds up with every room you add

If I lived alone it would probably be a lot easier though
>>
>>27279552
Dust is the big one in my experience. Even if you don't use a room often it still gets dusty as a motherfucker. This probably wouldn't be much of an issue if you went for a very minimalist style but my grandparents had a lot of antiques that the maid seemed to spend her life cleaning.
>>
>>27279579
Ahh. damn, that sucks. i couldnt live with that many people at this point in my life. it would have been fun as a teen but not anymore.

>>27279670
i had thought of that one. vaccuming/sweeping could also be annoying.
>>
>>27279955
I'm only just out of my teens and I've definitely felt the need to be alone more in recent times. On the plus side I'll have no issue cleaning up when I do live alone.
>>
Ghat pic reminds me of ghat one MW2 map

I'm drunk
>>
File: 1456112318601.jpg (107 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
1456112318601.jpg
107 KB, 500x449
>tfw you will never live in a comfy small house with a cute wife

Right now I just live with my parents in a worn down roach infested house, but at least I have a home, I guess.
>>
trust me you dont want a giant ass house. i used to live in a 15k square foot home, 6 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, bar, game room, movie teahter, library, 2 pools, swim up bar, spa. yeah its nice to show off, but its fucking scary as fuck.

you are alone in your house, have to make sure everything is locked even if its in a gated community. floor to ceiling glass walls and doors. is creepy as fuck. a lot of shit to clean even if you live alone, dust and what not. need maids who steal your shit.

not worth it, best to live in a moderately sized home
>>
>>27279991

Well, good luck mayne. Like I was saying earlier, if you can get a downpayment down on a really cheap house, the mortgage will be really cheap and you could do it easily. maybe just get one roommate to rent from you, and you could cover your mortgage.

>>27280044

i can def identify with this. i keep thinking that i would love to buy a shotgun so if i hear a break in happening i can just cock it and be like "I GOT A SHOTGUN, PUSSY"
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.