[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if dying is just a reroll?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1432444712828.jpg (151 KB, 723x989) Image search: [Google]
1432444712828.jpg
151 KB, 723x989
What if dying is just a reroll?
>>
I don't see how it could be.

I'm the product of my genetics and environment.

If someone else is born and they have different genetics and grow up in a different environment, they wouldn't be "me".

They'd be someone else.
>>
>>27277927

Asking for DMT on my deathbed so I can stay in hyperspace forever
>>
Scared.

Lot of bad rolls.
>>
Alot of suicide
>>
File: rusttttt.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rusttttt.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
time is infinite
matter can't be created or destroyed
monkey typing on a typewriter for infinity can't reproduce the written works of shakespeare
infinite time
infinite space
we must live again
and again
and again
this life
we may have done it infinitely before,
but this life is possible so we know we will do it infinitely again
>>
>>27277927
>tfw reincarnated on an alien planet
I have had this uncanny feeling since I was young that I was from China, I always felt very Chinese

I focused on work more than anything, basically told everyone else to fuck off but I guess we are always a product of our habitat

Also almost positive I was a Buddhist at one point, I accepted it when I was still forced to go to good boy christian church
>>
>>27278210
>monkey typing on a typewriter for infinity can't reproduce the written works of shakespeare
why not
>>
>>27278210
Damn, I like your thinking.

I remember a robot once made a post that was so incredible that it gave me a pang of insanity and I had a panic attack.

I've been deployed and haven't had a panic attack about it.

I've been unable to find his post in the archives. I can't even remember what it said but it was similar to your concept but explaining the metaphysics of it, something like consciousness cannot cease to exist in the capacity that it has existed so it must re-exist, or always be existing, an observer cant unobserve - I think I'm fucking it up but this guy must've had like 900 IQ, he cured my fear of death in like four lines.
>>
>>27277948
>If someone else is born and they have different genetics and grow up in a different environment, they wouldn't be "me".
>They'd be someone else.
>missing the point
its supernatural reincarnation your autist
>>27278210
neither time nor space is infinite
there are infinite versions of your same life
if this is true you would have to relive different variations each time

matter degrades with time and entropy increases so your hypothesis is garbage on three counts now
>>
>humans thinking they're special
consciousness ends, deal with it.
>>
With my luck my second life would be in south africa or some shit.
>>
>>27278343
the poster you replied to is just rehashing Nietzsche
its boring nobody cares and hes missing the point of the thought experiment
>>
>>27278386
Yeah not him, the thing the guy posted in the past was nothing like that, I just like his idea.

Can't even remember what that poster said, shit gave me trauma, I've like blocked it out, it had piles of replies too
>>
>>27278210
>>27278335
can't was a typo that undermined my premise
can*
>>
>>27278416
>I just like his idea
its not his idea, its Nietzsche's (er well he also borrowed it from someone else but whatever)

best not to reply to Nietzsche posters, theyre generally very uninspired
>>
>>27277927
We aren't that lucky.
>>
>>27277927
Reroll for who? There is no "you", neither here nor in some other place.
>>
>>27278416
>>27278464
losers.

enternal recurrence is the most important thought experiment in self actualization.

No wonder you two are robots
>>
>>27278448
care to answer these >>27278359 (You)
>neither time nor space is infinite
>there are infinite versions of your same life
>if this is true you would have to relive different variations each time
>matter degrades with time and entropy increases so your hypothesis is garbage on three counts now

no? thought not
>>27278514
let me know when youre done with your intellectual masturbation
>>
>>27278289
>Somebody put something in my drink.mp3
>>
>>27278549
>intellectual masturbation
sounds like someone who tries to unthink anything that's outside their wheelhouse.

>infinite versions of same life
yes

>if this is true you would have to relive different variations each time
relive?! how would you know? consciousness doesn't seem to matter based on matter
>entropy
LOL try harder fag
poincare's recurrence theorem
>>
>>27278649
>poincare's recurrence theorem
nice meme argument
gj showing you know nothing about science
space is continuously expanding
the recurrence theorem i believe holds for a fixed system in which no matter or energy can escape
since space is expanding indefinitely from a set point it doesnt really work
>yes
there lol, problem solved
good you can stop posting this garbage every time you see this kind of fucking thread
>consciousness doesn't seem to matter based on matter
what? in what way?
so i supposed theres a few ways of looking at this
1. your particular consciousness doesn't depend on your specific configuration of matter.
in which case your consciousness could be born through any number of configurations and would thus prove recurrence in your same state for all time false
2. a consciousness cannot be reborn through the same recombination of matter
in which case all your points are null because then there are infinite number of beings
>>
>>27278649
>>infinite versions of same life
>yes
by this i meant infinite variations
>>
>>27277927
I hope I will get dubs in next life.
>>
File: Spirituality.png (459 KB, 625x556) Image search: [Google]
Spirituality.png
459 KB, 625x556
"Doctor, my head is feeling swollen"
"Must be the ego enhancing spiritual journey you've taken on"
>>
>>27279304
Spiritual journey is ego death my friend.
>>
>>27279662
More like journey to nowhere - why would you strive after something that's already here; that's why nobody finds anything, yet the self aggrandizement of "look at me on the spiritual path; so holy and lofty" still abounds. Nothing but chasing after ideas other people claim in books.
>>
>>27279701
Yeah, sorta this.

Meditation should be a means to an ends, not an ends in itself.

That being said, ego death has practical uses.
>>
>>27279304
As someone who has taken a lot of psychedelics, and as someone who has seen a lot of people take a lot of psychedelics its funny to me that more often than not psychedelics inflate the ego more than they seem to deteriorate it.
>>
>>27279760
>>27279810
It's odd to expect that fighting something or escapism will somehow lead to peace - took me a few years to realize that.
>>
>>27279701
A spiritual path can free people's mind though. You drink too much alcohol or something, break those chains, free your mind.
I find the spiritual path to be good for one thing and that is dealing with stuff like anxiety and fear of being myself, how many times have I got drunk, it's because I was trying to escape myself and not be me for a moment.
All religions want you to free your mind in my opinion and be one with the creator/God. When you are shitfaced drunk or on drugs you are not one with the creator, you're just satisfying your ego and detaching yourself from God.
That's why it's escapism really.

>>27279810
Yeah exactly, how many people who have done all those drugs claim to have unlocked the secrets to the universe, no they were just stoned and imagining things, almost like a dream, might have as well been asleep I think but it's funny how their great knowledge from drugs has done nothing to change the world, all they did was inflate their ego and think they're better than everyone.
>>
Everybody feels "I" in the same way. What you think of as your personality is just what you've learned through life, but basically you are the universe looking at itself.
There is no such thing as a soul which could travel from life to life, but the idea is rather that every incarnation is "you".
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.