[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>trying to read >ear plugs don't block out the sounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 120838-200x300-SnoringEarplugs.jpg (9 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
120838-200x300-SnoringEarplugs.jpg
9 KB, 200x300
>trying to read
>ear plugs don't block out the sounds of pots and pans smashing together downstairs
>they don't block out anything

Jesus Christ this is insufferable. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to soundproof myself?
>>
>>27272951
What, your cooking set comes to life at night or something?
>>
>>27273010

My dad cooks very aggressively
>>
>>27272951
Learn to read with back ground noise like every other adult.
>>
>>27273035

>implying other adults read
>>
>>27273073
Oh no, you're a special snowflake aren't you?
Book stores aren't still in great business are they?
>>
>>27273114
>Book stores aren't still in great business are they?
uh
most book stores are closing down/going bankrupt
>>
>>27273114

>owning a book is the same as reading a book

Thinking this is a sure sign that you've never read a book.
>>
>>27273195
Why else would people buy books?
>>
>>27273240
students
>>
>>27273240

If it's a choice between: 1. owning a book, never reading it, and letting it sit on your shelf as a trophy of your erudition 2. reading an e-book and having nothing to show for it

The hipster (read: you) will always choose the first choice.
>>
>>27272951
Noise cancelling headphones and listening to white noise/binaural beats or something.
Helps me.
>>
>>27272951
After having severe tinnitus for 10 days, now no noise bothers me except if tis a high pitched whine or beep
>>
>>27273240
>>27273348
not to mention books are useless not that ereaders/phones exist
>>
noise cancelling headphones are pretty nice. i hate listening to my neighbours doing shit and banging dishes so i just picked up a pair. i got plantronics backbeat pro on amazon for 250 and they work pretty great so far. if it's really noisy you can put earplugs on under the headphones and it feels like you're in space
>>
>>27273832
Noise cancelling headphones only work for continuous noises like cabin noise inside a car, aircraft or train. They don't do anything for more dynamic noises like people talking, or crockery slamming together. For those circumstances, multi-flanged IEM tips would be better.
>>
>>27273348
Why are you calling me a hipster?
I have read through every book I've bought, and I prefer paper back books to electronic medium. Since when is that being a hipster?
Also, I've never heard of anyone buying a book and never reading it. The real reward is knowledge gained, and being able to discuss and analyze a book.

I sincerely hope you don't think you're better than people who real physical copies of books.
>>
>>27272951

Man the fuck up and pierce your eardrums you faggot. If you hate background noise so damn much just make yourself deaf.
>>
if you're not able to block out noises selectively your legally retarded
>>
>>27272951
You can't noise-proof the world

No matter where you are there will be some sort of noise

>autistic sister hears parents in the kitchen talking at 9am
>so quiet I can't even hear what they're saying
>SHE BLASTS THE RADIO TO DROWN IT OUT
>WHILE WEARING HEADPHONES PLUGGED INTO HER LAPTOP

Every single day, especially if the phone rings
>>
>>27273240
A lot of people will buy a book with the intention of reading it, but lose interest very quickly.
>>
>>27272951
>ear plugs don't block out the sounds of pots and pans smashing together downstairs

Ear plugs aren't generally as effective as isolation earmuffs. You can buy these at any home improvement store, I would imagine. They have a noise rating on them, so pay attention to that number and compare different models and brands.

But even that won't totally isolate you from all sources of sound. If it doesn't break your focus, you may want to try isolating over-the-ear headphones and play some background music, as the music will drown out whatever outside noise is still penetrating your ears.
>>
Nigga at least you don't have tinnitus
>>
Go to a graveyard.
They're quiet
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.