[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop feeling useless and actually do something with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1412469434657.jpg (39 KB, 356x332) Image search: [Google]
1412469434657.jpg
39 KB, 356x332
How do I stop feeling useless and actually do something with my life?
I've been doing nothing but playing vidya and regretting every moment of it for the past few days and I want to do something that would make me happy, achieved and satisfied.
>>
Learn to code, create stuff with your mind.
>>
do something and always be doing something. abstract sounding but its a slow progression and wont feel like youre moving anywhere but you gotta know its more than you were
>>
File: 364132675_1762144.gif (317 KB, 263x300) Image search: [Google]
364132675_1762144.gif
317 KB, 263x300
>>27272384
>educate yourself
>take course online
>find job
>do chores in house
>learn hobby online

not only would these things make you happier, they will give you things to talk about to women and make them interested in you. I wish i had the thoughts you have to do this as well, but I'm too lazy.
>>
Achieve small things first. Read just one chapter of a book. Goto the mall and walk around the whole mall once.
Drive to a historical marker and take a picture. It doesn't even have to be artistic, just do take a picture you'll like.

Do small stuff like this a lot and you'll have read the book, walked the mall and gotten comfortable maybe even chatted with people. You'll have a whole collection of pictures of places.

Replace those activities with whatever you want to do and do it.
>>
File: 1432185707679.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1432185707679.png
218 KB, 600x579
>>27272384
why? theres no point.

men used to do shit so they could get a woman and create a home.. but women are whores now and a home will just set you in debt your entire life.

so why bother?

we need a new cause, else we'll be lost in this fog our whole existence. can you think of one?
>>
>>27272384
>regretting every moment of it for the past few days and I want to do something that would make me happy, achieved and satisfied.

This is what religion is for; giving meaning to your life. Be glad that you're feeling this way now when you still have time to spend your life wisely instead of remaining a bitter atheist until you realize at 80 that your life has been a pointless waste of time.
>>
File: 1457263822268.jpg (494 KB, 1015x923) Image search: [Google]
1457263822268.jpg
494 KB, 1015x923
>>27272585
> until you realize at 80 that your life has been a pointless waste of time
i know you're baiting but i see this argument all the time. "you don't want to wake up and regret your pointless life!". all life is pointless, and who cares because when you die you'll forget everything like you never existed. you can't escape the absurdism no matter what you try
>>
File: 1457788342871.jpg (71 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
1457788342871.jpg
71 KB, 650x600
Fly drones
>>
>>27272686

I'm not baiting at all. I'm being completely honest. I'm telling you that people turn to religion to escape sentiment like this:

>all life is pointless, and who cares because when you die you'll forget everything like you never existed. you can't escape the absurdism no matter what you try

And through their faith, whatever it may be, they find a point and meaning in life. And you'll say, "But it's just delusion! They're still going to turn into nothing when they die regardless of what they believe!"

And this may be true, but they'll believe up until the moment they die that they're not going to be nothing, that they will be going to heaven or be reincarnated or whatever else. And that belief, no matter whether it's true or not, has an incredible power to give a person a feeling of peace, comfort and most importantly, meaning in their own life.

Pretending it's all some big scam is just fucking yourself over.
>>
>>27272434
Pretty much this. There is no "goal" or "meaning" to life, you just need to find a balance. Trust me, you'll appreciate vidya more if you've got other stuff going on. Read a book, take notes on it. Research stuff you find interesting. Do you like music ? Go to shows. Try to make music. Even if there's no real ambition, and you just share it with your friends. If you really like vidya, try making a game. If you have a car, drive it somewhere and go hiking. When you're in a rut, any change of scenery will do you good. When you're depressed, you tend to focus on yourself. If you focus on other things, hobbies or interests, you're training your mind to focus on something outside yourself, which is healthy. That's my advice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.