[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm an atheist and I'm looking for a group to belong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 50656663877 - legs and feet_4.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
50656663877 - legs and feet_4.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
I'm an atheist and I'm looking for a group to belong to. It doesn't actually have to be a group, but it needs a code of ethics and some sort of ritual. Also, it needs symbolism.

Any suggestions? Should I just join my local church and pretend to believe in God?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
Why do you want to belong to a group anon? Ethics are subjective anyway just try to live your life decently
>>
>>27271481
>le moral non-realism maymay

>>>/reddit/
>>
Have you considered patriotism?
>>
>>27271481
I guess I just have a longing for being in a group and having solid rules to answer to. I feel like I am just drifting through life alone without any meaning or purpose.
>>
>>27271517
Does patriotism entail a solid ethic rule?
I live in the U.S. and I think it's the best country ever, am I not already a patriot?
>>
>>27271407
Read the Confessions of St. Augustine.
>>
>>27271518
Life for me has no meaning or purpose anon I just live for the moment and enjoy it
>>
Any pictures of this person's face closer up? S/he looks extremely beautiful.
>>
>>27271639
google "amber feets"
>>
>>27271407
>and some sort of ritual. Also, it needs symbolism.

are you fucking retarded.
>>
File: carpediem.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
carpediem.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>27271633
Sure seems like it
>>
>>27271696
best use this pic has ever seen
>>
>>27271407
Masons and Shriners are pretty good for symbolism. I suggest joining Shriners to avoid the inevitable "Illurmanatye" comments. Both unfortunately require a proffession of belief in a creator. If you don't like those you can try Rotary Clubs or Kiwanis, less emphasis or ritual and God but still has some symbolism and just as much emphasis on upright morals and ethics as others. If you're in the U.K. The Oddfellows is pretty good too.
>>
>>27271407
I know one place where you'll find a group to belong, and that's in Hell! lol! Just kidding! Everyone's a sinner one way or another, am I right, fellas?
>>
Atheism+, it's atheism but it's also a movement!
>>
>>27271696
I guess you have a point but I'm using my phone to post at this very moment
>>
>>27271407
Ethic serve no purpose if you just chain yourself in a system to meet people expectation.

Just do what make you happy and try to live by your own rule.
>>
>>27271739
That's right Joe. Bless your heart, Joe.
>>
>>27271748
Atheism+ has been overrun with sjws why even bother joining?
>>
>>27271407
maybe you should try to figure out what's important to you first and then see if there are groups that are of like mind
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.