[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize you were too boring for normal people to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Doesn't Get Worse.jpg (40 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
Doesn't Get Worse.jpg
40 KB, 550x512
When did you realize you were too boring for normal people to ever take seriously?
>>
>be 15
>be loner
>have no friends
>anyone i think is my friend doesn't wanna
hang out after school
>text them constantly but get no reply
>eat lunch alone
>same shit til i get to college
>hang out with weebs and realise my taste in stuff is awful
>am always anxious
>kill me now
>>
File: 1443035666820.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443035666820.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>27270055
Somewhere when I was 15 and realised I didn't have any friends while the annoying nerd did have friends.
I thought, well, maybe I should just make friends but I didn't know how or what to say to people.

So I continued being friendless, I did get along with some people but never outside school.
And now, 8 year later I still have no close friends, am currently a NEET to so I don't even meet people other than the occasional shopkeeper.

It's my own fault, I always keep all my interests to myself for multiple reasons so I never have anything to talk about.
Fear of being judged negatively or people just not caring for the same things I care about and being generally awful at voicing my opinions or thoughts, I figure it might as well be better to keep my mouth shut tight.

And I have way too many interests from which I have very little knowledge so if I do find one who is open enough I usually screw shit up anyway.
I am a lost cause, pay me no mind and let me die.
>>
>>27270306
>And I have way too many interests from which I have very little knowledge so if I do find one who is open enough I usually screw shit up anyway.

I don't think we have the same problems per se but I can relate somewhat since I went through the /fit/ phase, and when I went to the gym I tried to keep as far away from other people because I was scared that I was doing it wrong and they would make fun of me or embarrass me. In the end I decided to stop because I had no idea really what I was doing and it hurt a lot.

I didn't have access to internet at the time.
>>
>>27270055
I can't even remember, have always been too shy to engage in conversations with anyone.
I have friends in college, but we almost never do anything because of said shyness. I've tried to get new friends/girls, but never had success and it makes me stop trying
>>
>>27270479
>but never had success and it makes me stop trying
That is the most destructive thing, it happened to me too.
I have so much doubt about my own capabilities that I just don't want to try any more.
And for what?
I never experienced true friendship in the first place so I don't even know what I'm trying for.
>>
Somehow I ended up with the mindset of "don't be a target". If you never have any particular traits or attributes that show, there's nothing you can be targeted for. So, I express few opinions, I dress as neutrally as I can, I don't show an interest in anything, and I neither agree nor disagree with anything presented to me.

I am nothing and will remain as nothing. It's the safest way to be, even if it means I've gone through six years of university and never got beyond "introduce yourself the the person next to you/the class".
>>
The opposite happened for me when I reached adolescense.

I always thought I was the underdog, I always felt inadequate to my peers, shit changed when I realized most people are really, really fucking stupid.

It wasnt me who was boring, it was them. So i started hanging out with uni kids, lost my virginity to a girl 6 years older than me and acquired a healthy "im better than you cunts" complex
>>
I've always internalized my feelings as well as the world around me. I never felt compelled to express my personal self unless absolutely necessary, despite my overly enthusiastic extroverted personality. What this essentially means is I'd be more of a fun acquaintance to be around rather than a friend to confide in.

In the end, do I blame others for my loneliness? No, but I don't see myself as boring. On a social level, dear god yes, even I wouldn't want to be caught dead talking to myself. And at times I do self-reflect and view myself as boring without much going for me. Perhaps it's true, but honestly I'd rather be bitter about it than pretend talking about shallow shit like sports is any better.
>>
>>27271147
>"im better than you cunts" complex
I have more of a balled-up inferiority complex. I acknowledge what you do; that most people are fucking retarded, but I'll never be able to rise above them.
>>
Free shrugs

It would be nice to feel accepted and valid but I'm not going to structure my life around the pursuit of it

I'll structure my life around daytime drinking and shitposting on r9k instead desu

no regrets
>>
>>27270794
It's so hard and nobody I know is remotely capable of understanding it.
when I go to parties it takes me like half an hour to work out courage to talk to a girl just to get a no because I can barely look her in the eyes. Also it's of no help that my friends always talk about how easy girls from our college are.
>>
>>27271050
I am very sad now.
>>
File: 1457672362847.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1457672362847.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
>>27271205
I feel inferior in some ways but when I know I'm better than someone else I just let them believe what they want

It doesn't effect me much, I'm a friendless loser in college so I couldn't convince myself I'm actually any better than someone else

>>27271050
This was highschool for me, never took any risks and it worked for the most part but now I'm incredibly boring

I would rather read a book than go swimming/hang at the beach/party
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.