[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>20 >virgin >working on masters at kings college, top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: KCL-box-red-pin-rgbHD.jpg (330 KB, 1000x762) Image search: [Google]
KCL-box-red-pin-rgbHD.jpg
330 KB, 1000x762
>20
>virgin
>working on masters at kings college, top university meaning everyone is a competitive cunt and wont help classmates out
>american, so everyone thinks I'm retarded
>struggling for a 2:1
>no qt, kissed, hugged, virgin
>oyster card is empty so I walk 3 hours to lecture
>part time job is working at wasabi for minimum wage
>cant afford food so I eat the customer leftovers.

Kill me.
>>
Where do you live Anon?

I live in Borough near Guy's hospital.
>>
>>27268898
>London
Wanna be friends anon?
>>
>>27269728
Forgot to take my trip off, sorry
>>
>King's college
>Top uni

Pick one. UCL master race here.
>>
File: 1437164021877.jpg (39 KB, 403x528) Image search: [Google]
1437164021877.jpg
39 KB, 403x528
>>27268898
>Kings
>Not Oxbridge, St Andrews or Imperial
>Top University

Nobody gives a fuck about student satisfaction OP.
>>
>>27268898

You're American, so please translate this shit to proper Americanese.

>2:1 ...what the fuck is this?
>oyster card ...is this like when the Walrus and the Carpenter eat the oysters after they've had their shoes brushed? WTF???
>working at wasabi ...some kind of asian fast food shit?

What are you studying at King's College, btw?
>>
>>27269776
>>27269821
UCL is also shit

>>27269824
Oh look, an American who can't spend 30 seconds googling something and gets all pissed off about it.
>>
>>27268898
LSE here. Let's meet and we get rid of your virginity.
>>
>>27269821
19 in QS world
34 in USNews

It's not the top, but its better than my other options at the time (University Of California, Santa Barbra)

>>27269824
>Grades: this is around a B avg
>Card that I use for busses and trains
>Shit tier asian

MSci in Neuroscience, year 2
>>
>>27269821
>>27269776
warning, samefag detected.

begining samefag protocol.
>>
>>27268898
Bro, customer leftovers at a place that serves raw fish? That sounds like a bad idea.
>>
File: Capture.png (30 KB, 893x334) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
30 KB, 893x334
>>27270046
Even though posting this screenshot is pointless, because I very easily could have altered it in paint, I'm going to post it anyway.
>>
>>27270017

Neuroscience at King's? Damn, man...that's impressive. I had a client whose brother studied neuro there and is like on track for a Nobel now.

Are you looking at research when you finish?

Do you have any hope of financial aid, or can your family help out?

>>27269854

Get your banter detector checked.
>>
File: 1404425034861.png (94 KB, 192x187) Image search: [Google]
1404425034861.png
94 KB, 192x187
>Going to a meme university

>tfw went to one of the worst universities in the country and have better job prospects than everyone I know who went to a le top uni
>>
>>27268898
>top university
It isn't.
Especially at masters level their courses are usually undersubscribed and all you need is a 2:1 in your first degree and the acceptance rate will be very high.
>>
>>27270392
If I can get my grades together I'm planning on a phd. Probably from oxbridge or a good American university. I dont know why everyone shits on KCL, it is a prestigious university, ofc it doesn't compare to oxford and cambridge, those are the best of the best.

Yes, research or medschool, depends on how tired I am.

No financial aid, I'm american so I dont qualify for much in the UK. I have around 4000 pound of my 22k tuition paid for via scholarships and the rest is paid for by 75% parents 25% me.
>>
>>27270481
not OP, but going to LSE for Biology.

Kings is a decent school, if you look at what OP listed as his other choices, Kings is a good option. Probably not a 'top' uni, but its definitely up there, especially with the neurosciences department (Principal is a neruscinece shill)
>>
>>27270501

Fucking hell, I had forgotten that UK schools were so damned expensive now (especially for foreign students).

Good luck, anon, try to stay healthy.
>>
I never went to uni and I fucking hate uni graduates. All the ones I need to interview and train are vile people who think they're amazing because they have a piece of paper with a grade printed on it.
Not to mention all the ones who opt for the 'fast track graduation' schemes who are literally the worst senior staff any Nick could hope for. Its hilarious really that stations will try and trade these people off.
>>
>>27270481
depends on the course, i was rejected when I applied as a fresher for neuro with aab chemistry, physics, calculus. and denied 3 years later when i applied for a phd program in molecular bio with a first honors from QMUL.

I've heard they are more lenient in arts though.
>>
>>27270501
>He fell for the 'Prestigious' joke

No one actually cares what uni you went to other than students. If you actually look at employment in field of study figures, the middle/lower end universities actually have the top ones beat. They tend to focus more on getting you a job than just looking good.
>>
>>27269578
>>27269902

International Hall, Brunswick Square
>>
Welcome to living as a poor student in central London, OP. Get your degree(s) and get out before this shithole swallows you alive.
>>
>>27270017
>Year 2
>Masters

If you're in year 2, you're still in the bachelors years ya penis.
>>
>>27270627
Luckily that's not why I went to KCL. I wanted to travel, start fresh, and go to a good uni in a big city after living in the suburbs my whole life. KCL is the only one that accepted me (UChicago wanted me to retake the act, but I missed the date so they took away my conditional acceptance)
>>
>>27270679
B141 at Kings is a 4 year accelerated MSci for neruoscience. B140 is the bachelors course. You would think the material is the same, but its not.
>>
>>27270684
Ah fair enough.

Why London? Its a fucking dump, not even part of England anymore.
>>
File: 1419662106500.png (616 KB, 500x662) Image search: [Google]
1419662106500.png
616 KB, 500x662
>>27270700
But you're not even into the masters year yet. You could leave at the end of year 3 and still get a bachelors. So, currently, you're doing a bachelors.
>>
>>27268898
>american, so everyone thinks I'm retarded
>thinks
You can't blame anyone for assuming that, and you know that very well. So don't complain.

>top university
It doesn't work that way anon. I know in 'MURICA there are your top unis which are basically just recruiting tools for corporations and law firms, but in the rest of the world you have to actually do something and be smart about it in order to achieve shit.

>cant afford food
I think you're talking a bunch of shit and you're a winey cunt. You have a job and a roof over your head. So you're already better off than a lot of people in your situation.
>>
>>27270721
Anything was better than living in the suburbs of San Diego. I had the choice of Kings College London, UC Santa Barbra,UC Santa Cruz, or UC Davis. All of the other choices are little shitty suburbs or small towns with nothing to do.

I've actually enjoyed London, its nice being able to have things to do past 5pm and its great not needing to maintain a car really takes a lot of stress off my mind. Its a shame about the kebab invasion though.

>>27270762
>You can't blame anyone for assuming that, and you know that very well. So don't complain.

I'll give you this one

>It doesn't work that way anon. I know in 'MURICA there are your top unis which are basically just recruiting tools for corporations and law firms, but in the rest of the world you have to actually do something and be smart about it in order to achieve shit.

Not looking to be employed by a large corperation, I'm a researcher. I'm just talking about the competitiveness. It wears on you. Plus large firms do go to KCL, its a target school.

>I think you're talking a bunch of shit and you're a winey cunt. You have a job and a roof over your head. So you're already better off than a lot of people in your situation.

Yeah, you're right. This is /r9k/ though, people complain that their lives are shit because their mom didn't bring the right kind of food home. To that end, I think I have legitimate complaints.
>>
>20
>ma
Wat
>>
>>27270857
oh god, fuck san diego senpai. I am so glad I dont live in that fucking shithole anymore.
>>
Who else /london/ here?

Where do you live and what do you do?

I fucking hate it here but I have a crush on an upper class girl who I've never had a conversation with.
>>
>>27270857
You're articulate for an American. You can stay.
>>
>KCL
>top university
top kek. If it ain't oxbridge, its a waste of 9000 a year, more cos youre foreign
>struggling for 2:1
>not retarded
pick one mate. Fucking normies who spend every day partying get 2:1s. Fix up your life
>>
>>27270721
found the northener. You mad because you live in a shithole? Go back to fucking sheep
>>
>>27271209
true that
>not going to a world top 10 school
>hoping to get a job above minumum wage
>2016
get real faggot.
>>
File: njJLrwd.jpg (154 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
njJLrwd.jpg
154 KB, 620x387
On exchange at SOAS, not giving a shit about prestige lol :U

pretty awesome school actually, will miss it when I go back to Amerikkka :P

lemme know if you wanna be friends Londo-bots
>>
>>27271345
OP here,

kik:Dp1995g
>>
>>27271234
He's right though. London is a shithole. Far too many niggers, slavs, pakis etc.
>>
>>27271460
Anybody that thinks London is a shit hole has clearly not lived in the literal hell that is the suburbs.
>>
>>27271756
^this

Imagine a place, where everyone is old, you need a car to go anywhere, everything is chain stores and theres nothing to do past 5pm.
>>
>>27271234

inshallah sharia birmingham ackbar takbir ficki ficki
>>
>>27271787
The only redeeming factor is that our schools are slightly better than city ones
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.