[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should opening doors for women be considered sexist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: img.jpg (2 MB, 2352x3272) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
2 MB, 2352x3272
Should opening doors for women be considered sexist?
>>
File: aynrand.png (31 KB, 298x391) Image search: [Google]
aynrand.png
31 KB, 298x391
>>27260134
Should you even open doors for other people in the first place?
>>
Door-holding culture is just a disgusting display of pseudokindness invented by Normies so they can feel like they did something "good" without actually spending any time or effort on something that changes the world for the better. The only time door-holding is actually kind is when the person literally is unable to get through the door on themself. You holding the door for me when I'm more than capable myself is just ego-masturbation and a coupon for "having done your good in the world" when the truth is it just makes for more discomfort than if you had just let me open the door myself and not forced me to show false kindness as if you holding the door actually improved anything about my life in anyway whatsoever.
>>
I don't really give a shit, if she wants to be an ungrateful bitch then so be it but when she needs me to cover her shift because her children are in hospital she can go fuck herself
>>
>>27260212
this meta analysis autism is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>27260134
What?
I'll hold the door open or open the door for people of any gender depending on the situation. Has nothing to do with females or sexism.
Sometimes though I'll make it a point to ignore people when they stand outside my dormitory building and gesture for me to open them the door because they forgot their key. Because fuck normies.
>>
>>27260262
Not an argument.

You Normie's are pathetic. And top kek.

>Door holding
>a nice thing
Pick one.
>>
>>27260155
I only do it for people obviously having trouble due to disabilities or a full armload of stuff
>>
>>27260294
It's not that it's an especially nice thing to hold the door open for someone, but it's considered rude to literally let the door shut in someone's face
>>
>>27260134
To be fair it does say in the pic the guy tried to be an ass about it and humiliated her in front of others.
>>
>>27260344

It says he thought she was joking, which I would have thought too. It's such a ridiculous thing to get upset over
>>
>>27260344
To be fair, if you weren't such a gigantic cock sucking white-knighting faggot you'd see he thought she was being humorous.
>>
>>27260331
>it's considered rude to literally let the door shut in someone's face
It might be considered rude, but in reality a door shutting in your face is only exactly as inconvenient as if you are the only one in the area and have to open the door yourself.

Again, door-holding is just a bullshit ego game.
>>
>>27260432
Think of it has helping someone just for the sake of being a kind person maybe? It's nice when someone holds the door open for you if you're right behind them.

The trick is to always stay in front of the person you're holding the door open for, and don't make eye contact. Don't stand there like a hotel doorman tipping your fedora muhladying all over the place
>>
>>27260493
>just for the sake of being a kind person maybe
Ha. Inadvertently proving my point. Door-holders think that merely holding doors open for people makes them "kind," subconsciously or not, this is 99% of the reason people do it. The other 1% is Chads and shit trying to hit on girls. You can't get over the simple fact that holding the door open for an able-bodied person is literally 0% helpful. You're not being kind or helpful in anyway, just forcing someone to awkwardly have to thank you for something they didn't need or want in the first place.
The sad thing is you see Chads holding doors open for girls he wants to band but not for people in wheelchairs or ugly guys with their hands full. I actually do understand the girl's perspective in OP's picture, door-holding often has ulterior motives under the guise of "being kind."
>>
>>27260432

It's not about ego or doing a "good" thing, people don't think more or less of you for doing it. You do it just because it's polite.
>>
>>27260155
This was such an underrated post.
>>
>>27260262
You mean fake nice things. How about doing actual nice things?
>>
>>27260665
If I hold the door open for someone casually maybe they'll return the favor. I work at a very public building and almost every time I've walked inside, someone was right in front of me and held the door for less than a second to make my life infinitely more convenient.

Maybe it's because I'm lazy but it seems like very little effort for a pretty big reward.
>>
>>27260717
>my life infinitely more convenient.
Huh? Are you talking about you carrying heavy things, in which case I understand, or just every time? How is opening a door when you're not holding anything in any way, shape, or form difficult?
>>
>>27260665
You're really reading too much into it.
This kind of stuff is binary: you either do it and you're kind, or you don't do it and you're rude. It's silly but that's how it is. People don't think they're better people, they just don't want to be assholes.
When I was in America, I was overflown with so much fake kindness it made me sick. People putting on huge fake smiles, making unwanted small talk with you, etc. I prefer my country where strangers interact on a less personal level. We do hold the door open, but we aren't like "ladies first, m'lady".
More like you just hold the door open silently and they whisper thanks like stuttering autists and then you go your own way
>>
I hold the door open for anyone and everyone.

Only a woman would complain about this nonsense, all the guys I've seen are super grateful.
>>
>>27260432
You actually something as small and common as holding the door open is a pissing contest ego game? I do it without thinking, like saying please and thank you

Where are your manners?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.