[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this board is mostly NEET, but I need a job. Anyone know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 1437x908
I know this board is mostly NEET, but I need a job. Anyone know any decently paying robot-friendly jobs?
>>
Construction, night shift at Walmart, janitor.
>>
>>27259745
>decently paying
>>
Most people here work minimum wage. Get used to it.
>>
>>27259193
Your going to need a college or uni degree to get a decent job in today's world.

That or start your own buisness which would not suit a robot considering you're all a bunch of lazy fucking cunts.
>>
Programmer. If you can crank out the code, you can wear t-shirts, cross-dress, any generally act like a sperglord on the job.

Just watch out for Pajeet.
>>
>>27259193
Military, it's decently paying
>>
>robot-friendly
>decently paying
Pick one.
>>
>>27259885
I can vouch for this from personal experience.
>>
>>27259885
I got 2 years of college (dropout), and some minor hobby programming experience behind me. Will that be enough to get an average job?
>>
>>27259923
Entry level maybe.
What experience do you have - school/personal projects are fine too.
>>
>>27259758
Night shift at wallmart is decent paying for entry level
>>
>>27259758
im working as a nightstocker right now with it being my first job. started at 8.75 and just busted ass and got noticed and now im making 12 dollars an hour
its not good if you're antisocial though, and it's pretty physical
>>
>>27259193
Try working in the kitchen of a restraunt
>no talking to people
>over $10 an hour
>>
>>27260023
>>27259745

I love how this country's economy has turned to such shit that people are made to feel like 10 bux an hour is great.
>>
>>27260053
it's enough to survive and enjoy at least a few luxuries and you usally don't need that much experience
yeah, it's not great though
>>
>>27259758
Construction is a union job. Shitloads of paid breaks, paid time off, benefits, etc.
>>
>>27259923
If you can have a portfolio of stuff you've worked on, then you could definitely find an entry level position.
>>
>>27260070
What irrelevant flyover state do you live in where 10 dollars an hour is enough to "survive" and even "enjoy at least a few luxuries?"
>>
>>27259885
>Programmer
Maybe 20 years ago, but Chads are infiltrating most developer jobs nowadays because they can afford to be picky on who they hire.
>>
>>27259948
Functionally I'm almost equal to any half-decent programmer, it's just that I don't have a lot to show for it.

Most of my projects were small doodle-programs that I deleted right after I wrote them. For school I've made things like basic websites with an SQL database to small J2ME and J2SE games that demonstrate my knowledge of concurrency. For personal projects I've written things like web crawlers to a semi-working NES emulator. The latter is pretty much the only source code I still have.

Am I fucked?
>>
>>27260177
Well, you goofed by deleting them. If you don't have an education, you really need to have some examples showing what you are able to accomplish for them.
>>
>>27259948
From what I've seen, ever entry level programming job required a bachelors, unless you had "friends" inside to give you a hookup. I can't imagine them hiring someone based off a few projects.

>>27260194
>showing what you are able to accomplish for them.
I don't see how this proves anything though. They could've just copy-pasted 90% of their shit from stack overflow or github and managed to get 'something' working.
>>
>>27260219
Don't they interview you on that shit?
>>
>>27260149
Texas

ragw
>>
>>27260246
I live in Texas and you need at least $20 an hour to survive in the Dallas/Fort Worth suburban areas if you have 1-2 roommates and live in a cheaper place.

Where do you live, some rural place?
>>
>>27260289
Learn how to manage your money better.

Stop buying shit you don't need.
>>
I make 18 per hour at FedEx freight. I'm in California though so I don't know if different states pay different. Constructions not for everyone. As a former apprentice laborer represented by liuna local 305 I suffered a mental breakdown 3 weeks into the job.
>>
>>27259885
Actual programmer here. We would never consider hiring someone who has no degree.
>>
>>27260289
lmao i live in Dallas...in the ghetto yeah, but i've lived here a few years and have had no problems.
>>
>>27259193
>Decently paying robot-friendly jobs?
Factory and warehouse jobs. Just showup wearing a walmart polo and khakis with an enthusiasm to work.

Trawl craigslist and look for factories/warehouses nearby then look for a career/jobs listing on their site.

Don't go through a temp agency since you will get paid the minimum and be fired first since they have to pay for the headhunting fee. But use their sites to find employers in need of workers.

If your a minority or have a disability you can cruise local government job sites and get some sweet gigs like cleaning parks for $15 an hour 20 hours a week.
>>
>>27260339
with degree you mean bachelors, right
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27259193
This thread is already full of good suggestions.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.