[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is love real or just a meme? I never loved anyone, never had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: How-to-love.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
How-to-love.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Is love real or just a meme? I never loved anyone, never had a oneitis, never had a crush beyond physical attributes and only have very few friends with which I'm not very close.
How does love work/feel?
>>
File: _1448453817348 m3.jpg (19 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
_1448453817348 m3.jpg
19 KB, 460x345
>>27258131
>I never loved anyone, never had a oneitis, never had a crush beyond physical attributes
Finally someone willing to admit it.

I want to ask you this.
Do you have some personal form of love you think unique to yourself?

One you've developed internally, that you keep separate from the meme?
>>
>>27258221
Not really. I mean, I like my family, pets and friends. But that's as much as I ever felt for others. I wouldn't even say that I really love them. Well, my pets maybe. And my parents because I'm supposed to.
I had crushes on girls before in school, but that was just because they were good looking and puberty.
Overall, the concepts of love, partnership and sex are completly foreign to me.
>>
>>27258312
So you don't at least have some extrapolation on how you would translate what motivation others have to be close to one another?

It took me a while myself, but even then it wasn't enough for me to desire it. It's too much work.

To understand something is one thing, to want it is another.
>>
>tfw you will never know what love feel like

I think first step is to figure out how to become close with other humans, no idea what that means tho.
>>
Women are just memes, mate. Don't fall for them.
>>
>>27258345
I really don't. Do people just get together and be like "hey, let's form an intimate bond"? I've also seen partner with pretty different interests. How does this even work?
On one hand I would like to know how it feels. Just like wanting to know how hard drugs feel like. But on the other hand I don't think I'm even capable of it.
>>
>>27258417
I don't think i'm capable of mutual love.
I've got too aspie an idea for it to be sharable.

I'd like to think i'm volcel because of it, but the brain's done trickier things than convincing you that it isn't worth trying something because you don't want it.
Rather than you cannot understand it.

Control is an illusion I guess in the end. We tell ourselves what we want to believe without even knowing it, that's a fear I have too often.
Can't ever be certain, you'll always have your own bias to affect it.
>>
>>27258131
Yes but it's extremely rare. 9 out of 10 couples are together out of convenience.
>>
File: _12128921912 pal.gif (1019 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
_12128921912 pal.gif
1019 KB, 400x224
>>27258454
>together out of convenience.
And I was just getting over the misanthropic tendencies.
>>
>>27258452
I know what you mean. I can't even trust my own thoughts anymore because they're biased shit and change depending on my overall mood.
>>
File: 14583982912121.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
14583982912121.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>27258490
>change depending on my overall mood.
What I wouldn't give to be an actual robot.
With programmable subroutines and no worry of things like mood.

But I guess i'd get distressed with that after an indefinite amount of time as I am now living.

Best to just be destroyed.
>>
Its not some on/off things where you are either in love or arent. There is people you hate, people you dislike, people that are meh, people you like, and people you love, and everyone else in between. Love in romantic sense is mix of liking someone a lot (enjoying their company because they make you feel comfy, good, or what ever) and sexual lust (you wanting to bone them really bad).
>>
>>27258131
At 29 I've only been in love twice. When it's there, it takes a while to see it, but it's there.

First time I was 19, ended up in a long relationship that was equal parts awesome and horrible.

Second time, 29.
In between I had one of those relationships where you stay out of convenience and I can confirm that most relationships are just that. You have someone to share expenses with, have a shag, you kinda like them, but you wouldn't take a bullet.
>>
>>27258131
>How does love work/feel?
I only really feel in love back in 2011 when I was 15. Chatted with her for a week before meeting, we hugged like 2-3 mins at the end of that day but felt like an eternity to me, held hands at the bus stop then layed on her lap while she ran her fingers thru my hair,that was the first time we met irl btw. I remember feeling like the king of the world, so happy and motivated, couldnt stop thinking about her, told my friends about her, this was my first time falling in love so that feeling was a whole new thing to me. Eventually after a month and something things went bad and we stopped talking, but we never were a couple or something. Stayed depressed for like a year before trying weed for the first time.
Tldr: it feels wonderful,made me feel like the king of the world while it lasted, but made me feel like shit for a long time. Everyone should fall in love and get heartbroken once in their lives as to know those feelings and realize that pump n dump is better for your mental health
>>
It's real for most people but maybe not you.
>>
File: 1287128712.jpg (35 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1287128712.jpg
35 KB, 600x300
>>27258683
>Stayed depressed for like a year before trying weed for the first time.
>Tldr: it feels wonderful,made me feel like the king of the world while it lasted, but made me feel like shit for a long time.
>Everyone should fall in love and get heartbroken once in their lives

Jesus, if you're going to be a 19 year old or 20, whatever could you at least not write like one?
>>
I think it's a meme made by the media desu
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.