[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best time to live in? I say it was the 90s.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 90s.jpg (371 KB, 982x807) Image search: [Google]
90s.jpg
371 KB, 982x807
What was the best time to live in?

I say it was the 90s.
>>
>>27248993
60s easily
>>
>>27249073

>no video games

???
>>
>>27248993
You're only saying this because you were a kid with no real problems in the 90s.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>27248993
>tfw ywn be a true 90's kid ('93 birthday)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGp9KLGRX64
>>
>>27249296
This
>>27249089
You'll survive
>>
>>27248993
The only acceptable answer is "the current year"

anything else is just good-childhood nostalgia bullshit, or "le wrong generation" daydreaming.

I was a robot who grew up in the 90s, it was shit. Being a robot in 2016 is fucking great, I never have to leave the house or even my room and have the entire world to interact with. Being stuck in your house/room in the 90s meant you only had 4 walls to interact with.
>>
>>27249631
>The only acceptable answer is "the current year"
John Oliver please
>>
>ywn smoke cancer sticks while chilling on the hood of your friends '65 chevy watching broads
>>
the 90s weren't really that special. I grew up in the 90s.
>>
>>27249774
Same, the only upsides were arcades, and more privacy. But then again that privacy was offset by crippling isolation.
>>
1945 - 1970 is the only acceptable answer. Boomers had a really good time. I guess thats why theyre all fucking assholes.
>>
>>27249073
>>27249868
This. Post world war era into the vietnam/hippie era is the best.
>>
90s was pretty good, most young people were pretty liberal, new tech in everything, awesome tv shows & movies, people weren't affected by instant celebrity status yet, awesome cars & car scene, & HS was still cool
>>
>1970s
>Tons of good movies
>Tons of good music
>Chicks were sluts and it was cool
>Drugs everywhere and no one drug tested
>Noice cars
>Easy to find jobs that payed well
>Cool gun laws and cool guns
>>
>>27249868
>>27249943

>Being old and obsolete in an age of computers

I know that some boomers were pioneers of all that and are still working in IT or STEM to this day, but like the average suit & tie who still uses a paper calendar and notebook can't compete in today's world. He is confused and angry because he got fired from his job that he worked at for decades and was replace by some hot shit fresh out of university just because the kid knows how to make a computer-thing-ama-bob that's all flashy and he has a flashy apple cellular mobile iphone and gosh darnit whatever happened to typewriters, my gay son who's 30 years old and still lives at home is draining my retirement funds.
>>
>>27250030
>bang sluts in the 70s because you are now a time-travelling Chad
>die of AIDS in the 80s

yeah man, that sounds like a fun bucket of fun
>>
>>27250065

>typing out and posting this weird autistic rant at a strawman
>>
>>27250106
It's true though.

Imagine being old & obsolete and behind the times in 2016?

That's now all but impossible for people born around the mid 80s who were introduced to computers when they were kids. Even less possible for kids born later who were completely raised on the internet.
>>
>>27250065
The thread is about "the best time to live in", not "40 years after the best time to live in".

Sure the future might not look good if everyone is high on acid, rolling in the mud at woodstock, but they sure as hell had a good time back then.
>>
>>27250186

Pretty much everyone under the age of 60 can use a computer proficiently. You're being ridiculous.
>>
>>27250259
>under the age of 60

We're talking about Baby boomers senpai. Not Gen Xers.

>>27250226
So why not get some acid and roll around in the mud at whatever music festival you're into? Or do you only listen to dadrock?
>>
>>27248993
50s easily
>that looking up to the bright future feel
>that cheap cars and housing
>that no responsibility for enviromental actions
>that segregation
>that lack of female promiscuity

It probably had that olden-days feel too
Dank as phucc
>>
>>27250361
I'm sure you're all the rage at parties, huh?
>>
>>27250361

You clearly imply anyone born before the mid 80's would struggle. This objectively isn't true, especially in this age of user friendly app based devices. Stop trying to shift the goalposts and admit you're wrong
>>
>>27250361
No you dont get it. The hippie culture was big back then. Its not just about doing one particular thing, its about the whole atmosphere. With your logic you could say that about any era.

No offense but do you happen to be on the autistic spectum? That would explain alot.
>>
File: 1442439961017.jpg (255 KB, 1694x780) Image search: [Google]
1442439961017.jpg
255 KB, 1694x780
>You will never live in 1st century Rome
>You will never get to conquer for the glory of Rome
>You will never get to civilize savage lands
Why even live
>>
>>27248993
The very late 90s/earlier 2000s.
>>
>>27250496
>No offense but do you happen to be on the autistic spectum

No I'm actually a Chad Thundercock who ended up here by mistake when he was trying to log onto facebook.
>>
>>27248993
everything in that picture is shit except beavis and butt-head
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.