[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any former longtime NEET here that managed to escape? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1309970957072.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1309970957072.png
325 KB, 382x417
Any former longtime NEET here that managed to escape?

I don't want depression to overtake my life.
>>
Come on, I need some NEET success stories in here.
>>
bumpaerino
>>
Haha I got lucky was an attractive but wicked short guy cause I had a hip injury

I took a lot of drugs one night and fixed it somehow I thank god every day

6'2 now swimming in snatch life is good I was shicidal before (5'3 at 20 yrs old)
>>
>>27246450
nice meme man, nice meme.
>>
Was NEET for about 4 years, from 21 to 25. Managed to get a job through family and now at 27 I just bought my own house. Things can get better. I can answer any questions you might have.
>>
>>27246547
Congrats, man.

I was going to ask what your employer thought of your time as a NEET, but maybe it didn't matter since you got it through family?

I've been a NEET for about 3 years now and I keep failing interviews. Thinking of going back to college again so that I at least have something to do.
What do you think?
>>
>>27246672
They were more concerned with whether I was capable of the work than anything else. I passed their test with flying colors, so everything else was irrelevant.

Before I got this job, I failed an interview at Wal-Mart because I was just so nervous.

Go back to college if you can afford it, but also try to get involved with people you can make connections with. Join some stupid nerd group and make friends if you're able. I still don't have any real-life friends, but forcing myself to be around people every now and then has made it much easier to function.
>>
>>27246784
Thanks, that's good advice.

Money itself isn't really a problem since college is free where I live and I have some saved up money.

Right now I live in a rural place, so i've been thinking of moving to a bigger city to study CS.

I'm turning 26 this year, so if I were to study i'd be 28 when I graduate.
>>
>>27246979
That sounds like a good life plan. Good luck anon, I hope things get better for you.
>>
>>27247010
Thanks mate.
Hopefully it all turns out good in the end.
>>
File: MGS Rape Salute.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGS Rape Salute.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
>>27245810
do volenteering in gardening or some shit, then use that experience to get a job
>>
>>27247091
I used to volunteer at an animal shelter a few years ago, but the owner turned out to be crazy so I can't use it as a reference.
>>
File: Mount-Stewart-House-North-008.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Mount-Stewart-House-North-008.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>27247157
I'm a volunteer gardener/forester at a nearby historic mansion, during summer it's pretty damn comfy place to work, cured my depression almost immediately. and i got a reference from a guy after like 3 months from being there (i went pretty often though)

if you're in europe there's probably plenty of historic gardens and such that that use volunteers.

just behind pic related is where i eat lunch every day when i work there, like i said comfy as fuck.
>>
>>27247387
That sounds comfy, I do have an interest in gardening so i'll definitely think about it.
>>
i was neet for 15 years before starting a job a few months ago. i still sperg out and talk to myself on the job, but i think i can keep it.
>>
>>27247595
Neat. Story of how you got it?
>>
>>27247745
career fair. company hiring vets
>>
>>27248118
Did they question your 15 year NEEThood or did you pretty much get a free pass because veteran?
>>
>>27248118
Congrats. How old are you now?
>>
>>27248254
seems like a free pass, as long as i can do the job
>>27248267
too old to be so messed up. even if the neet is over, deppresion isnt
>>
Ex-NEET. Started volunteering, after a year they offered me paid work. From there I decided to get a degree, which I'm also doing, so now I work and study.
Volunteering was great, I wasn't sitting at home all the time feeling like shit and it helped my mental health a lot. Also really good for getting work references.
>>
>>27248382
What kind of volunteering were you doing?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.