[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to the mall today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Fresh from tv.png (110 KB, 1307x376) Image search: [Google]
Fresh from tv.png
110 KB, 1307x376
So, as /r9k/ tends to be, I'm depressed and lonely and having a stroke of awareness in which I don't want to stay this way.

I'm bad with people usually, but I had a job where people seemed to like me, so perhaps I'm not all bad.

In any case, I'll see how it goes. The goal is to meet 5 new people and get 1 phone number.
>>
Do people really go to the mall to meet people? I thought that only happened in 90s teen shows.
>>
>>27243380
This. It doesn't work that way in real life. You have to find some party to go to or something. Only Chads can get approached in random public places.
>>
>>27243380
>>27243517
If he's going to the mall via train/bus he might be able to talk to some people. Or buy some food at some kind of froyo place. Doesn't seem impossible especially if he's american. That's the impression I get from watching american tv shows and movies, but I do think these things happen in real life. Good luck OP.
>>
>>27243380
I'm not sure. My cousin is a chad though, and he's done it several times to get numbers/dates.
>>
I go to the mall like once a week. I usually just go to the foodcourt and get something small to eat then walk around with a drink in my hand pretending like I'm shopping. Hasn't really gotten me anywhere but I like to observe couples and see what my competition is like. Its pretty lame desu but I live in boring medium sized town/city.
>>
>>27243334
>I'm depressed and lonely
Going to the mall and seeing nothing but friends having fun will hardly make you happier.

>The goal is to meet 5 new people and get 1 phone number.
Let us know how it goes.
>>
>>27243334
>going out in public and randomly approaching strangers
>he fell for the 'just talk to people bro' meme

good luck dipshit
>>
>>27244280
Beats the alternative, senpai, which is just stay alone here and maybe what? Work on drawing or something until people care about my products? That'll take years if it even happens since it's so hard to be motivated to do things. In any case, showering up and all that. I'll bump here or make an update thread when I'm back.
>>
>>27244334
In what context are you planning on talking to people? Like literally just walk up to them?
>>
>>27244334
>staying inside and making progress toward being productive is better than being called a weirdo while wandering around a shopping mall

ok bud
>>
>>27244355
Cold opens, yeah.

I know it's dumb but I've literally witnessed more socially adept people in my circle of friends/family cold open into numbers/dates.
>>
>>27243334

You might want to try to go to a place that has like minded individuals rather than cold approaching people who are trying to shop.

Go to concerts, or conventions, take up a sport, anything that suits your interests. You'll be disappointed if you go to the mall and try to strike up conversations with random strangers.
>>
God speed if the mall is your destination of choice for meeting people.

If there is an arcade, this is your best shot, but still a longshot.

The bus is a great way to talk to new people, albeit odd people.
>>
>>27244534
There's a concert t'night but I don't feel like dishing out $50 to see a band just to try to meet people.
>>
>>27244581
Go buy a pack of smokes and smoke somewhere where other people do. Instant conversation
>>
>>27244440
Conversations with random strangers have their merits, like practicing talking to people with no consequences.

That is the one particular point many robots would benefit from.

Other than that you are right, expecting more is bound to yield disappointment.

But malls are also a good place to look at couples and how the man looks and how the woman looks, and form some basic conclusions from the observations. Just a small scale observation to gather data.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.