[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drugs + Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: pill-for-depression.jpg (40 KB, 378x338) Image search: [Google]
pill-for-depression.jpg
40 KB, 378x338
Hey bots.
I think I am going to go see a doctor about getting meds soon. But I am really afraid of taking drugs for depression a lot of people make it sound like it kills them mentally.

>Tell us was meds you took
>How did they change you
>Did it help with your depression
>Was it the right choice
>>
>>27243068
No.
No.
No.
No.
You are welcome.
>>
>>27243068
demand an maoi inhibitor, they are the only anti depressants that actually work
>>
I tried multiple Antis that didn't help. The only thing I got out of going to the doctors for depression was a Valium addiction, I'm not buying it online as they will no longer prescribe me it
>>
Demand a lethal dose of morphine.
>>
I meant I'm now buying it online
>>
>>27243068
honestly having counselling is better

-someone to talk to
-will help you lay out and stick to your goals
-no side effects other than increased happiness

vs drugs
-high chance you won't be able to get boners anymore
-haziness and emotional numbness
-horrible side effects the first week on the drug very likely
-dietary requirements
>>
>take 10mg of citalopram for a few months
>feel wired in a bad way the whole time, strangely aggressive yet content yet not content at all at the same time
>everything looks kind of fuzzy and light is a little brighter, garish even, everything has this orange tint
>dick stops working, of course
>feels pretty shitty desu, stop taking them
>brain zaps for a bit
>that's about it

Such a small dose really shouldn't have done all of that, I was expecting something that felt more like sugarpills honestly. My brain chemistry must be off.
>>
>>27243068
>Meds
Prozac for eighteen months
>How did they change you
My anxiety got worse, I was less inhibited so I acted more on impulses and did more stupid shit.
Probably heck of a lot of placebo. I remember that some small things in life felt better, like my pillow all of a sudden felt much smoother.
>Was it the right choice
Fuck man, I don't know. A good gf would probably been at least two times more effective. It felt like a reasonable plan C at the time when other better options were unattainable.
>>
>>27243367
I have heard that people act more on impulses when on depression meds. Did that help you talk to people more and make friends?
>>
I take lamictal and I can honestly say it's the only reason I've stayed alive the past 8 months
I'm more batshit insane than I am depressed though so I don't think it will help with solely depression
>>
I took zoloft, it helped.
But I'm a failed normie, so I don't have any sort of clinical depression, just an anxiety.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 318x307
Took Prozac 60 mg when I was 13-17 to treach debilitating case of OCD. Seemed to start working after I finished freshman year, but that might have been me growing out of it. Still have obsessive personality and body dismorphia but no longer need to stack shit in order for hours with overwhelming anxiety. Now taking 20mg but doesn't work as well as I remember, I also take Adderall for adult ADHD but I'm not sure if that's a meme disorder in my case and just too depressed and anxious to pay attention to daily activities or have a linear thought process. Helps self confidence and endurance, with focus properties, but makes me stay a skeleton due to the cancer appetite suppression side effect.
>>
>Tell us was meds you took
Many. My doctor was a kike pill pusher (with a reputation of being one in my city). Had me on 6 different pills at once for a time. Mainly, it was Lexapro, Geodon, Saphris, and more I don't remember the name of. Didn't need to be on any of them let alone the last 2 I named above; the fucker would add more pills the more I told him they don't work.

>How did they change you
I weighed over 240 lbs at one point when I was on Zyprexa. Shit self-esteem and this made it worse. Even had a suicide attempt from the pills; I never tried jack shit with my depression before the pills.

No. Not one bit whatsoever. I had to fix my issues myself, considering depression is nothing more than a form of thinking coincided with terrible perceptions. I urge you to ask for concrete, scientific proof of any chemical imbalances in the brain. They won't show you any, because there isn't any tests or proof whatsoever.

>Was it the right choice
No. 6 years stolen from me starting at age 18 to 24.

Psychiatrists are quack drug dealers. Stay FAR away from them. The entire industry they peddle is a racket, too. I didn't mention the fun you'll have should you ever get off pills either (all of them are addictive and more often than not your doctor won't tell you this), nor did I mention the cost of all of it.
>>
>>27243366
holy shit, save for the zaps that's what zoloft fif to me
>>
>>27243505
...that was 2012 and none of my friends today actually came from that time period. I did talk very much, but didn't make long-term friends. Instead, I started to have these urges to do things I've never had urges to do before, like crying, self-harm and cutting myself. So, it was a questionable trade-off.
>>
I took zoloft for 2.5 months, 50mg for the first 2 weeks, then 100 for 1, then 150mg for the rest
They made me become extremely fake, and I'm not too sure what else, but taking it essentially made me lose my best friends, including someone who I was absurdly close too and now probably never thinks about me
I took it for my OCD and it sort of helped with that, but after a while I became extremely depressed because of the above
Absolutely not, they permanently changed my brain and I've been diagnosed with Schizotypal and bipolar since, which I never had any hints of before
>>
File: 1454545538642.png (74 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1454545538642.png
74 KB, 230x230
guys holy fuck

i did a full dose of ecstasy about 24 hours ago. i haven't been able to sleep, and the depression is a fucking force to be reckoned with. i've hypothesized that my sample was partially mixed with amphetamine, which is causing the majority of the negative affects i've felt.

any tips?
>>
>>27244097
dont do ecstasy pills
you don't know whats in those
>>
>>27244097
>he thinks he took mdma
>he doesn't realize he took a substituted cathinone purchased from chinese factories that churn out unregulated chemical analogs with unstudied effects
>he wonders why he feels like shit
>>
>>27243068
I took anti-depressants.

Felt like a zombie. Stopped after a while because I hated it. Depression has come back even worse over the last few months.
>>
>>27244638
Can you describe the zombie feeling?
>>
Im afraid i am a gonna-be-school-shouter wtf can i do to control my personality what am i supposed to say to who? And i really dont want to take pills cause when once i got antidepressants i felt fake and stupid.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-17-16-58-40.png (229 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-17-16-58-40.png
229 KB, 1080x1920
>>27244802
Its not a zombie feeling because when you're on them you don't feel. You can't express happy or joy, you live in the deepest pit of your mind desperate to find a way to express this cold dead anger you have building and building. You eventually forget what feeling is and are terrified to get off the pills because you might kill someone during withdrawal due to this anger. Withdrawal from antipsychotics is a whole new level of awful that no one should ever EVER have to go through. Imagine you have severe ocd but your rituals are useless. Everything that exists in this state of mind might look fine to other people but you know something about it is a skew. Literally everything. From a carpet fiber that has a hair on it to the texture of your of water is just not okay. Unless you're prepared for this, don't go on medication.
>>
File: 1437007635694.jpg (47 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1437007635694.jpg
47 KB, 396x385
>>27244097
yeah whatever you bought probably had speed or some RC in it. clean MDMA doesn't really have that bad of a comedown. I've only rolled 3 times but it was all good product and I never experienced a bad crash.

>>27244302
this guy is right. there was this documentary a couple of years ago where this crew went to a bunch of EDM festivals and tested people's "molly" and the vast majority of the samples were bath salts or meth. some didn't even register on the test, which is fucking terrifying. always have a test kit..

anyway, me and a couple of friends got some absolutely amazing coke last night. we got about 2 grams and had a fucking blast. nothing is more fun than sitting together, passing around a plate of coke and doing line after line.

I kind of felt like shit this morning, but luckily I don't have class today so I just slept it off. feeling back to normal now. coke it fun to indulge in every other month or so but I can see how it would become a problem if I had the money to throw away like that.
>>
>>27245016
Just don't shout too loud please
>>
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/17/health/magic-mushroom-chemical-depression/
>>
I'm a psychotherapist. (lonely, low-self esteem, like to help out, before you ask why I'm here)

Each medication affects everyone differently. All you will learn from this thread is individuals' experience of certain anti-depressants. If there are side-effects from one medication you try, go back to your doctor and get another. I've taken citalopram before with a little weight gain and limp-dick (common) as side-effects. I found it helpful to enable me to function better, even if the despair was replaced by a 'numbness'. I know other people have taken citalopram and been violently sick and felt significantly worse in mood. There really is no way to tell how one will affect you until you've taken it.

Do try talking to someone though, lots of people find therapy and counselling useful. My job would be pretty depressing (ayyy) if people didn't find at least some improvement in their wellbeing.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.