[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the future, we will find a way to stop the aging process effectively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (635 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
635 KB, 1920x1080
In the future, we will find a way to stop the aging process effectively rendering humans immortal.

>tfw it won't happen in your lifetime
>tfw countless people lived and died just to expierence eternal nothingness
>tfw you lived an unfulfilling life because you were born in the grey period of 1970-2250
>tfw you will never become a living god
>tfw you will never be able to live in a space colony slowly drifting to another planet 100's of light years away
>tfw you'll never have 1000's of years to master every language, instrument, and martial art known to man
>tfw you'll never have time to read every book
>tfw you'll never have a best friend for 596+ years
>tfw you'll get old and shit yourself to death

Fuck
>>
I have a feeling that the inevitable outcome would still be the same (suicide)
But it could be a lot more rewarding
Would be better if everyone was sterilized
Can you imagine how huge our population would be?
And still doesn't solve the limited resources problem so people would still wageslave and life would still be shit
They'd just have more time to find a way out of it...
>>
>>27242176
Huge population that travels through space to colonize other planets. We have a lot space to colonize
>>
File: 1445558124202.jpg (227 KB, 1173x392) Image search: [Google]
1445558124202.jpg
227 KB, 1173x392
>>27242110
The same could be said for that time period yo. You will die eventually, unless you change the definition of "you" plus there's the heat death. Even if we stop aging, are you still the same you from 10 years ago? You're just a cluster of cells, you aren't an unchanging thing you are transitory. Then again by that time we could flip the philosophical table and everything would be unrecognizable. Additionally, we could never get answers, like the asymptote of reaching the big bang
>>
Hahahah you think we can go another 100 years the way things currently are? Yeah, right!
>>
>>27242432
Theoretically we could create a big enough laser to direct planck energy to create a tunnel to another universe
>>
>>27242110
might as well turn off reproduction instincts

>>27245055
why do we wanna travel to yo mom's asshole?
>>
>>27242110
OP we might get basic life extension to get us to perfect life extension. I'm also not taking chances, I'm replacing as many body parts as possible with prosthetics.
>>
File: SPORK FLORK.jpg (101 KB, 878x549) Image search: [Google]
SPORK FLORK.jpg
101 KB, 878x549
>>27242110
>tfw you will never be able to serve the emperor
>>
Read "The Postmortal" and you'll understand why biological immortality is wrong
>>
>>27242110
I suggest you all guys read FUTU.RE by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Amazing book, amazing author, somewhat relatable main character (completely mentally unstable after being raised as a cookie-cutter population control militia) and is an accurate satire of cultural and economic trends in the contemporary word. Also, cyberpunk (if you are into that).
>>
>>27245273
No give a basic argument. I want to live forever. It's what I want. Even if I don't really want it, I want to live for a far longer time than I am going to. I want to live at least until Andromeda collides with the milky way. Because that'll be interesting, and witnessing interesting things is what makes living life worthwhile. We're never going to be overpopulated, religion isn't real, there's no reason for me to die or want to die.
>>
>>27242110
I'm so tired of this future shit. Shut up about it.

First we need to improve humanity. We don't have the right tools in the tool box right now. We need some Bene Gesserit skills or something like that, then we can focus on technology.
>>
>>27246086
Nope. Technology first. Humans alive today can't wait for humanity's problems to be solved before we begin working on the complicated things that take awhile to finish. Unless you believe that not every human being has a right to life, in which case I don't agree with you.
>>
>>27245481
If everyone lives forever then their nonsense views live forever. How would you like to deal with SJWs for eternity?
>>
>>27242110
Why are you implying I won't live long enough until it happens, anon?

I'll live until I'm 200.
>>
>>27246376
Everyone deserves to live. Unless they do something like take a life. Even the kkk deserve to live. Even people who believe in religion or shit ideologies deserve to live. If we can stop the greatest threat to the human race that is death, then we should.
>>
>>27242176
>I have a feeling that the inevitable outcome would still be the same (suicide)
If I could stay forever young I would not suicide. I just cant see myself growing old and being a loser. Everything is easier when you are young. I'd be okay with living with my parents and doing nothing my whole life if I could stay young.
>>
Still remains to be seen if resource wars, super bugs, or agriculture collapse derail technological progress.

If humanity doesn't make it through the next 100 or so years there's no real 2nd chance for humanity. Too much of the world's easily accessible resources have already been exploited. There wouldn't be another shot at 'future' tech.
>>
>>27246361
For some people there is no hope, such as Brazil where they have lynchings all the time and robberies and murders. Same with the majority of the middle east. They need to work out their problems immediately.
>>
File: 1323918302703.jpg (33 KB, 450x543) Image search: [Google]
1323918302703.jpg
33 KB, 450x543
ayy humanity is currently in the midst of its adolescence as we gradually grow and transition from primitive naturally evolved animals to the properly designed genetically altered technologically augmented new human with a properly designed safe, fun and friendly world filled with endless wonderment across countless physical worlds and virtual dimensions through which the human diaspora will extend

say the grass is greener if you want but do try to enjoy this stressful youth as much as you can, you will always be an old human so at least own it and try to enjoy it for what it is, appreciate the violence and the struggle and the challenge as something unique to the time because some day it will be something removed forever from the lives of people
>>
>>27246503
True but those violent people aren't the ones working on our technology, and the ones who design technology aren't any good at stopping that large scale violence. We don't need the futurists to stop what they're doing to try and do something they aren't good at.
>>
>>27246521
>enjoy your shitty life
>because it will be better for people in the future, but not you
>>
>>27246586
Well you're right there. I didn't mean they should stop what they are doing, only that we should focus more on improving humanity. I am studying computer science so it's not like I don't believe that we should stop improving technology.
>>
>>27246640
not like I believe* tired today I guess. Tired excuse too.
>>
>>27242110
>In the future, we will find a way to stop the aging process effectively rendering humans immortal.
Nobwe won't, sci-fi-boner-kun, and even if we did it would only be available to politicialns, banker, top 1% elite, certainly not the general population.
>>
>>27246703
In the future everything will be free. Robots are already taking the jobs in restaurants, and are soon going to take the jobs in the transportation industry.
>>
>>27246608
it's all relative m8 people a million years from now will feel unfulfilled and depressed over a lack of conflict in their easy lives i mean shit it's already beginning to happen, neet life sounds great at first until you start doing it for a lot of years
>>
>>27245481
Hello reading comprehension, I said biological immortality is wrong. If you were to digitize and upload human minds into computers the results would be far better and we wouldn't have to worry about feeding an ever growing population
>>
>>27242110
>>tfw you'll never have 1000's of years to master every language, instrument, and martial art known to man
You already have crazy amounts of time at your disposal and all you do is shitpost.
>>
>Study everything known about the human body
>Become isolated from everyone for years researching what causes aging
>so much trial & fail that it seems worthless to try & reverse
>little by little see small accomplishments
> able to stop aging
>tfw 50-60 years old now
>notstopinghere.jpg
>be weak & old not far away from death
>find a way to reverse age
>feelsgood.jpg
>live throught years in secret or share the secret here for da robots
>irememberthatthread.jpg
>tfw I encouraged the process for achieving immortality
>>
>>27246741
>In the future everything will be free
No it won't. What will happen is that the powers that be will get rid of the useless eaters, which represent more than half of the total population.
>>
>>27246950
Like I said, we're never going to be overpopulated. And there are solutions to overpopulation.

>>27247190
The majority will never allow something so blatantly immoral to happen. Though that might end in a reverse genocidal war against the elite and their slaves.
>>
>>27247190
>The majority will never allow something so blatantly immoral to happen

Buddy, for the vast majority of human history the 'majority' lived as little more than laborer slaves to warlord kings with absolute power over life & death. The majority doesn't 'allow' anything. The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must.
>>
>>27247716
Only if the elite have warriors can they stop millions of people. We don't need the elite. And we really won't need them if basic needs are met, just like they wouldn't need us.
>>
>>27242110
you can live in that time OP its simple

>save up money
>pay to have yourself frozen in liquid suspension
>266 years later
>they revive you
>swear to start learing things and enjoying life
>tomarrow
>>
Imagine alone for all eternity, immortal, but forever living on the edges of society, think that 40-50 years is bad, when you realize your loneliness is now forever, remember you will still be you, just ageless, a complete zero for all time
But all this talk of forever, who gets to decide who gets immortality, the same people who are at the top now, not you, good looking, funny, smart, rich, you get to join the immortals, just a regular shlub, enjoy your 50 years, turd
>>
>>27247819
>Only if the elite have warriors can they stop millions of people

We have that NOW. North Korea is a great example of a state where its millions are pacified by a strong-arm rule of a small group of elites.

The rest of the world is not exempt because of some illusory idea of progress from falling victim to violent despotism.
>>
>>27248125
We just need another leader to start the revolution. As has happened in the past. Not everyone would go quietly into that great night.
>>
>>27242110

This is what truly haunts me

>My time is up, ready to enter the void and be at peace
>Close my eyes for the last time, ready to embrace nothingness
>An instant passes, as if I dozed off for a moment
>BZZZZZTTT
>Bright white light
>Faces peering down at me
>"Anon! Anon! Can you hear us!"
>"We've done it! Another one brought back!"
>Endure the future of immortality
>Endure the future where death is unable to keep those he's claimed
>>
>>27248188
Bruh. You could absolutely still die. Even if we mind upload we could be deleted. You can leave it in your will to not be revived. You can jump into a black hole. Immortality is not invulnerability,
>>
I always forget how short life is. If I were to be reminded 24/7 maybe I wouldn't worry over stupid shit like being afraid to talk to people.
>>
>>27248186
You type like someone who doesn't read a lot of books.
>>
>>27247865
While Alcor is really expensive, there are cheap places that will do an excellent job of freezing you after you die.

I suggest http://www.cryonics.org/ . They planned things out well (their facility is in a cheap area of Michigan, close to a power plant and freeway, but not in a flood zone), post post-mortums of every freeze they do, and are very cheap.
>>
>>27248260
I don't read a lot. At least not anymore. Books are rather boring. I only read fiction as a child. But what was so weong about revolutions? They've happened in the past and present. Don't tell me you think over 50% of the population would let themselves be killed by anything less than a nuclear explosion without resistance.
>>
>>27248327
I mean that you're terribly naive. It's very clear from your posts.
>>
>>27248363
I am rather young at 20 for this board. Hell I'm an idealist at the expense of realism.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.