[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't play video games anymore. I just can't. I recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1458241219551s.jpg (4 KB, 167x249) Image search: [Google]
1458241219551s.jpg
4 KB, 167x249
I can't play video games anymore. I just can't.
I recently purchased Twilight Princess HD and began playing it in the living room while my roommate (female) watched. She is a "grrl gamer" and wears Zelda shirts and talks about how much she loves video games all while never playing them. She buys all the latest games and does not play them. To each their own, I suppose.
Anyway, I got up to pic related in TPHD and she said, "I love this guy... first example of diversity in a Zelda game."
I nearly lost it. I finished his dialog, went to the menu, saved and quit. I haven't played since.
I had been losing interest in games over the years, slowly waning down to less than an hour per week, but I think this really did it for me.
Her comment was so representative of exactly what's wrong with the """""culture""""" surrounding video games. She wasn't even correct, but she *had* to say it.
Sorry for the blog post. I don't have many friends who would understand why this is a problem. Thank you for reading.
>>
>>27242025
Don't drop the game for that, drop her.
>>
>>27242025
This is your problem with games? You're fucking ridiculous. Who cares about gaming culture
>>
File: Links-Uncle-Sprite.png (405 B, 80x104) Image search: [Google]
Links-Uncle-Sprite.png
405 B, 80x104
>>27242025
dude the uncle in lttp was a beaner
>>
>>27242025
I think your problem is that you play shit games
>>
>>27242025
She sounds pretty awful

I wish I could still enjoy games too. I don't know what happened, one day I just stopped being able to
>>
>>27242025
TP is the last good zelda game, don't miss out on it because hipsters give vidya culture cancer and aids.
get it on a gamecube emulator.
>>
>>27242195
twilight princess is not a good game
>>
>>27242246
it's a GREAT game, and the sequel N64 zelda fans deserved to make up for wind waker.
>>
assuming you're in college, she's just consuming the opiate of the masses. I'm sure tons of girls get into the whole sjw thing. as long as she's otherwise cool you should get over it and enjoy the game.
>>
>>27242025
>diversity in a zelda game
He's a pale skinned guy with a jewfro, how is this diversity? Everyone in the game is a Hylian except obviously the sages and the Twili.

I think you quit because the intro to the game is god awful and unless you've done it several times it takes about 2 hours to get to the first temple. I love the game, no matter how much you like the game you have to admit this intro is much too long.

>>27242246
It's the last good Zelda so far. Skyward Sword was good but it pales in comparison to Twilight Princess.
>>27242141
You missed the whole "does not play them"
Hell if she even played the most popular Zelda; OOT, she'd know about Gerudos which predate this guy by 10(?) years.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.