[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a go pro? Are they still "in" or did some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: gopro.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
gopro.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Should I get a go pro? Are they still "in" or did some other piece of technology take their place
>>
Ye, they are still the shit! What sport or activity do you do?
>>
>>27241150
Just be a hero dude
>>
>>27241233
No sports, I just want it so I can walk around and film people in public.
>>
>>27241150
Hello OP

Do not get an GoPro unless you are a professional (which means you EARN money with the videos you're making)

There are way better price/quality cams out there.

I bought an Eken H9, you can get them on banggood/gearbest whatever warehouse you want.

It is a 4K cam but 4K is kinda useless becuase it only records like 10 or 15fps. But what makes this camera so good is that its the cheapest 1080p @ 60fps action cam. It comes with a shitload of extra's like waterproof housing, straps etc. And it all costs like 40 bucks or something.

The image is clear as fucking fuck too, look it up on youtube even.

There is no reason to buy a gopro which is literally TEN TIMES as expensive as this one unless you are a pro and you get something in return from it.

Nobody fucking cares about 4K @ 30fps anyway. Why pay 400 for that if you can pay 40 for 1080p @ 60fps?
>>
>>27241150
There's some new competitors in the field that might be worth checking out if you just want to film random shit and not worry about camera breaking when they punch you in the face for filming them.
For actual sports you'll want a never model gopro.

>tfw can't use my gopro in caves cus it's only a 3 black
>>
>>27241384
Fuck dude. Sometimes i forgetti this is r9k. You tryna be like the security camera guy on YouTube that fucks with people? Not sure a gopro is needed for that. Unless you need both hands for some reason.
>>
>>27241496
newer not never, fucking brain
>>
>>27241496
>>27241530
no dont buy gopro its literally overpriced shit

gopro is like the macbook of action cameras
>>
>>27241456
OP I wrote this shit for you and you havent replied yet, fuck you
>>
>>27241616
shut up you seem like a mad poorfag
>>
>>27241622
well if you got money to waste I say go for it but 90% of the people only want a gopro because they think its all there is

OP doesnt even know about other cameras or what to use it for so unless he is a richfag I would recommand him to think before throwing away money for something which is obviously useless for his purposes
>>
>>27241456
sounds like a good camera but shitty for filming
>>
>>27241729
>>27241729
>but shitty for filming

how so?
>>
>>27241761
The reviews on amazon

Amazon Review

Okay, the audio is not the best. Just mono, so you may want to have a quality microphone for important sessions, such as video tutorials and seminars, and especially for live music recordings. Otherwise, this camera does the job okay.

I wouldn't even bother with the 4k recording mode, if that's what you're getting it for. You will be sadly disappointed with the jerkiness of the picture. For better 4k recording, you'll need to get a high-end real GoPro. If vivid 1080p recording is your thing, look no further.

Summary: Highly recommended for a great action camera!
>>
>>27241785
oooh like actual videos

i thought OP wanted an action cam

yeah if you want to make like slow steady videos better for a different one yes true

but since OP is asking for a gopro i think he wants action cam
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.